Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Kocinski
    They are also comparing it Zarco's break from KTM and now he is up the top.
    BUT
    Zarco never tried to blow up a very expensive bike with limited engines.

They are saying he was obsereved in the last couple of laps 25k down in speed and on the limiter. So in 5th gear Revving the shit out of it on the straight.
    Looks like he couldn't break it so he pulled in rather than come last. His integrity is dropped another notch thats for sure.
    Its not a good look to loose your shit like that. Pretty bloody sure Yamaha didn't make it stall on the grid.
    Another apology for now trying to smash the bike wont mean squat to anyone.

Best he can hope for is a one year trial with Aprilia. Which also wont go well because he keeps blaming the bike.
    Dovi might be getting another good deal offered at this moment LOL or an upcoming rider Aleix can train up.

I'm getting sick of the drama so Yamaha must be totally shagged off
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Vinales is a complete knob.

He will have made himself completely and utterly unemployable with such puerile tantrums.

Hopefully they haven't actually signed anything yet. I'm sure that KTM will be looking for an out on the contract.
    =mjc=

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Simon got the ride of his life - lucky bugger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMTzJKJhrTU

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    This isn't great news for the sport either, apparently the Pandemic hit their margins hard.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...rship/6646399/
    Yeah, if true, which is likely of course, it is tough news for a lot of people in the teams.
    As indicated here a couple posts back, promoting DB to the MotoGP team would be the best bet for them, and signing Lecuona, IMO.
    Binder/Lecuona team would be a strong young team, even on B-spec bikes as it is suggested Yamaha want to lease them.
    But does that just mean 2020 or 2021 bikes? They aren't too shabby.

Rumours of Dixon stepping onto the bike at Silverstone as Crutchlow linked to MV's seat for Silverstone.

But, will someone else swoop in and take on the teams?
    Rich Energy anyone??? Hahahahahahahaha
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Yeah,
    Stevey just wanted to say thanks for the last post on young rider safety and the updates on Cormac
    The MV incident came on at that time and prevented discussion but keep them coming. Cheers

Right 2 new warning lights
    Now we have a gear failure warning light in case you cant get your fly done up high enough LMAO
    AND
    What I'll call an "MM warning light" (Rider behavior Warning)

Copied off the MotoGP site
    Dashboard messages updated ahead of Austrian GP
    MotoGP™ Race Director Mike Webb explains two additions ahead of the Bitci Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich
    Tags MotoGP, 2021, BITCI MOTORRAD GRAND PRIX VON ÖSTERREICH
    Two new dashboard message options will debut in the FIM MotoGP™ World Championship during the upcoming Bitci Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich. Dashboard messages are a tool available to Race Direction to facilitate direct communication with riders when they’re out on track, and a number of messages can also be sent and managed by teams.
    Why have Race Direction introduced new dashboard messages? 10/08/2021
    MotoGP™ Race Director Mike Webb explains the reasoning behind the introduction of two new rider signals and what they mean exactly
    This weekend, two new message options will become available. The first is a message communicating a problem with rider equipment – leathers, boots, gloves, helmet – introduced by Race Direction. The second is a request from the FIM MotoGP™ Stewards to introduce a warning regarding rider behaviour.
    Race Director Mike Webb explains:
    What are the two new messages?
    Mike Webb: “For many years we’ve had dashboard messages where Race Direction can send messages to riders on the bike; flag signals and information about penalties, things like that. From time to time more signals. But a couple of things have come up recently, one is at the Catalan GP we had something that has never happened before, where a rider’s equipment; leathers, wasn’t functioning correctly and we needed to tell the rider to fix it. And there isn’t really an appropriate signal, we have signals about a mechanical failure on the bike, signals about disqualifications and things like that, but we decided after this incident that we needed a specific signal about rider equipment because it’s different to a mechanical failure, where if a bike is leaking oil or water or something, it’s important the bike goes off the track immediately."
    "In the case of a problem or fastening undone on rider equipment, or something that’s not immediately a problem but needs to be fixed, it’s a different situation. So we have a new signal on the dashboard, it shows ‘equipment’ on the rider dashboard and the meaning has been explained to the riders and teams: there is a problem with your equipment and you’re required to fix it immediately. If that means coming into the pits to fix it, ok. Or if you can fix it yourself on track, that’s also ok. What we require is that you fix it immediately, so there’s a new message about rider equipment.”

“The other update is a request from the FIM MotoGP Stewards about rider behavior. There are times when a rider may do something we don't like, but it is borderline and could have been a misjudgement or a mistake. However, if they repeat that behavior and prove it was neither, it will incur a penalty. So the Stewards want a warning signal to say ‘hey, don’t do that. We’re watching and if you do it again there will be a penalty’. So there’s a new display on the dashboard called ‘warning’ and it’s specifically about rider behavior. The warning signal says to the rider ‘what you’re doing, we don’t like it. Pay attention and if you continue there could be a penalty'. That’s the two new messages to improve communication between Race Direction and the riders.”

Why are these updates coming into force now?

Mike Webb: “Messages on the dashboard take a bit of lead time. The manufacturers of the dashboards and motorcycles have to adjust their systems, and the timekeeping, to send the messages, they all have to get ready and it takes a little time so we’ve agreed on the messages, the technical part is being changed now and these messages will be available from the Austrian Grand Prix next weekend.”
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    MM did admit to being at fault.. kinda

“I mean, this is racing. And then it’s true – and always I try to speak honestly – in the first race, if somebody made a mistake it was me because he went a little bit wide and I go in because in that corner if you just have a doubt it’s easy that somebody can come and make up a lot of positions.
    “So, I go in, I didn’t expect to have such a big contact but it was there.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Can anyone say Kohinski, Kockinksky, Kohhhickinski. . . Heck can anyone just Spell it?
    Cock IN Ski
    he was also reported to be world class on a jet ski also for his OCD.
    i only just read he was sacked from Honda for preventing Slight from finishing second in the World superbikes the year he won. Never seen that one before.
    makes no sense as he was as far as o know promised a NSR500 if he won a title for Honda, maybe thats why he never got a works NSR.

13.14 two of KB members
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    Vinales is a complete knob.

He will have made himself completely and utterly unemployable with such puerile tantrums.

Hopefully they haven't actually signed anything yet. I'm sure that KTM will be looking for an out on the contract.
    You mean Aprillia?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Can you imagine what Vinales would be like when he's getting smoked week in week out by Aleix?

If I was Aprilia I'd be seriously reconsidering my thoughts on the guy, if he can come last on a winning bike and have a tanty then he's going to be nowhere on a top 10 bike and shooting up the place.

Personally I'd like to see a grid next year of am actually promising rider on the Aprilia, Iker for example who's shown some promise.
    Then the Petronas Yamahas filled with some more left wing riders who might just be the ticket.

Not sure bout Dixon though, if he had a spanish passport would he even be mentioned?
    I'd rather Joe Roberts on that seat even if hos season has taken a nose dive.

Not pretty overall though, not good for our sport and very sad to see such an incredible rider fall to bits like Maverick

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    Nowt any more
    No worries about the Cormac Racing updates. Will continue, although the season is now reaching its cresendo.

Cormac qualified 21st, 2 riders behind him!! Only 1.6s off P1. So, if he can pick up a few more tenths consistently, he will be in front of the rear group and in the hunt for points. Stumbling block? Broken wrist.
    Will have to wait and see.

The youth rider safety issue will be a slow burner I think. But actions need to be taken. Even in Moto3 FP3 just now, some of the riding was well dodgy.

I think MM had it about right regarding the AE incidents, to be fair. I don't mind AE (I regard him, in this relative company) as a journeyman, little more.

It is little known that Kocinski cleaned up Simon too in one race, on the Kawasaki, which IIRC, Simon was in the lead and would have given him a race win. Something that eluded him in WSBK? (is that correct?).

Fancy new wing on seat of Tech Trois KTM bikes. Seen it before somewhere.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    Nowt any more
    One thing that bugs me about the rear squat devices, is that the seat gets closer to the footpegs.
    Therefore, the rider gets more squished.
    Must make riding the bloody things just that much more difficult.

You heard it here, next MotoGP innovation is F1 style steering wheel.

LOL

Seriously though, FIM and Dorna will be lobbied to allow introduction of electronic suspension.
    Has to happen, IMO.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    BTW everyone BB is going to have a bad race tomorrow as I just bet big on him.
    Sorry in advance for all his fans

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    No worries about the Cormac Racing updates. Will continue, although the season is now reaching its cresendo.

Cormac qualified 21st, 2 riders behind him!! Only 1.6s off P1. So, if he can pick up a few more tenths consistently, he will be in front of the rear group and in the hunt for points. Stumbling block? Broken wrist.
    Will have to wait and see.

The youth rider safety issue will be a slow burner I think. But actions need to be taken. Even in Moto3 FP3 just now, some of the riding was well dodgy.

I think MM had it about right regarding the AE incidents, to be fair. I don't mind AE (I regard him, in this relative company) as a journeyman, little more.

It is little known that Kocinski cleaned up Simon too in one race, on the Kawasaki, which IIRC, Simon was in the lead and would have given him a race win. Something that eluded him in WSBK? (is that correct?).

Fancy new wing on seat of Tech Trois KTM bikes. Seen it before somewhere.
    That's not little known. It's why kocksuckski is hated by kiwis.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Can you imagine what Vinales would be like when he's getting smoked week in week out by Aleix?

If I was Aprilia I'd be seriously reconsidering my thoughts on the guy, if he can come last on a winning bike and have a tanty then he's going to be nowhere on a top 10 bike and shooting up the place.

Personally I'd like to see a grid next year of am actually promising rider on the Aprilia, Iker for example who's shown some promise.
    Then the Petronas Yamahas filled with some more left wing riders who might just be the ticket.

Not sure bout Dixon though, if he had a spanish passport would he even be mentioned?
    I'd rather Joe Roberts on that seat even if hos season has taken a nose dive.

Not pretty overall though, not good for our sport and very sad to see such an incredible rider fall to bits like Maverick

Perhaps you mean Left Field rider?

Unless you are imagining Che Guevara helmet motif and instead of energy drink sponsorship, perhaps support from the workers unions?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...pension/386032

Vinales breaks his silence.. or something similar
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Thread Information