Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I copied highlights from ch 3 sport on Sunday. Watched Moto3 and the Motogp . But I dislike wet races and pit stops etc so lost interest !
    Liked #20 fighting the fast doocatis with riding ability tho.
    Will watch Moto2 maybe today.....
    You won't like this morning's race at all.

Don't be put off though, it was edge of the seat stuff.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Considering I had $50 riding on Binder at $21
    That's a brave bet. Almost as brave as Binder's ride.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That's a brave bet. Almost as brave as Binder's ride.
    I'd had a few and decided that after him carving up the field to 4th last week that maybe if he qualified well (for him that is, so 3rd row lol) he'd do a Brno and decimate all.

That and I was sick of picking every week so decided to go hundy and lay out my $50 in one hit. I'd got up to 90ish from the OG 50 I'd layed down at the beginning of the season then back down again so wanted to get it out if the way and got greedy when I saw his odds.

He was running well before the rain but sounds like he had a bung rear tyre like so many have had there so wasn't going to pull through.
    Then the skys opened and the man kept it on 2 wheels somehow. I'm not sure many riders could have done that...
    Binder, the Sunday man.

Also, how good is Martin?

Also Fabios moves on the brakes into turn 3, talk about waiting till you see God then braking. Legend

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    BB Said "the first lap I could still push, but the last lap the tires cooled and it was like riding on ice, then the carbon brakes went cold" - lol

I mean, Ive been riding a zx14 to the cbd from pokeno every day, had a few 2 wheel drifts (accidentally) - its somewhat different at 60kmh to 160kmh, those guys are amazing.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    BB Said "the first lap I could still push, but the last lap the tires cooled and it was like riding on ice, then the carbon brakes went cold" - lol

I mean, Ive been riding a zx14 to the cbd from pokeno every day, had a few 2 wheel drifts (accidentally) - its somewhat different at 60kmh to 160kmh, those guys are amazing.

Eddie Lawson used to intimidate the opposition by practising losing the front on a corner visible from the pits.....

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Eddie Lawson used to intimidate the opposition by practising losing the front on a corner visible from the pits.....
    hahaha.. MM intimidates the opposition by riding like a crazy man and staying on the bike
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Nowt any more

Bros

Just occurred to me, if DB goes to Petronas SRT Yamaha MotoGP team next season, that will make 4 pairs of brothers in MotoGP. That seems a bit odd, to be fair. But I for one want to see him in MotoGP.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Just occurred to me, if DB goes to Petronas SRT Yamaha MotoGP team next season, that will make 4 pairs of brothers in MotoGP. That seems a bit odd, to be fair. But I for one want to see him in MotoGP.
    Yeah its pretty crazy when you think about it.

I also hope he takes the chance given to him, though how good the bikes will be without Petronas cash behind them...

Bike
    77 XL250
    3 sets. No Rossi.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Ah, yes, of course. Duh. Just so used to him being there I forgot that he would not be.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    3 sets. No Rossi.

The family thing is often associated with personal sponsors. Money still talks when it comes to a ride - and if you can bring along a personal sponsor to cover at least part of your fee you're that much more attractive to the accountants.
    That side of it is still the most opaque and least talked about side of MotoGP. It does explain why some guys have rides when others don't.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The family thing is often associated with personal sponsors. Money still talks when it comes to a ride - and if you can bring along a personal sponsor to cover at least part of your fee you're that much more attractive to the accountants.
    That side of it is still the most opaque and least talked about side of MotoGP. It does explain why some guys have rides when others don't.
    Looking at the time differential between the first rider on the grid and the last, I don't think that argument holds much water anymore. When was the last time a rider failed to qualify due to not making the laptime cutoff to qualify? Everybody on all three current grids is good enough to be there. There was a time that probably ended just over 20 years ago where guys who couldn't cut it in WSBK let alone MotoGP could enter a team and attempt to qualify. These guys used to cause accidents while being lapped.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSXR1000

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Will Mav bring Aprilia their first win?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/98...ia-motogp-2022
    No.

But it'd be nice if he did

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    But it'd be nice if he did
    More likely to have a wee tantrum and break the bike...

(go Binder)
    =mjc=

Thread Information