Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Poor bugger..

a few years ago I had a thing called transient global amnesia - I rode my bike to work, then to home and had no idea I had done it (you literally have goldfish memory.. so god only knows how I made it home). I started getting my memory back while in hospital and my first thought was that I had had a stroke and I was going to have to stop riding. Just the thought of never being able to ride again terrified me.. I cant imagine how someone like MM must be feeling - thought the end of the world was nigh.. or maybe he is just one of those people who goes, "it will get fixed I will be ok"
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Fohking hell. Guy can't catch a break can he.

Starting to wonder if it's worth having him back on the grid... Bit like Rossi these days, would rather the guy well and helping the sport progress then risking his neck. Not unprecedented really, Stoner called it quits at 26, Marquez is 28...

He's too hungry to stop now though, I think he enjoys it more than Stoner did, bit like Rossi who just loves racing bikes.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Fohking hell. Guy can't catch a break can he.

Starting to wonder if it's worth having him back on the grid... Bit like Rossi these days, would rather the guy well and helping the sport progress then risking his neck. Not unprecedented really, Stoner called it quits at 26, Marquez is 28...

He's too hungry to stop now though, I think he enjoys it more than Stoner did, bit like Rossi who just loves racing bikes.
    Rossi is throwing himself into cars moreso after the last race. Just loves to ride/drive and to race.
    Wonder how being a dad will affect him ??
    Him and his best mate Uccio do pretty well in sport car racing too.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Rossi is throwing himself into cars moreso after the last race. Just loves to ride/drive and to race.
    Wonder how being a dad will affect him ??
    Him and his best mate Uccio do pretty well in sport car racing too.
    Not sure how it is for Rossi. But for me at least I find when I get in something with 4 wheels on track, having raced bikes, I feel invincible.

I remember having a crack at a decent outdoor hire kart track in aussie with some mates who had all raced karts properly. I remember as I pulled out thinking "I can't fall off this", then sending it faster and faster into the corners every lap. I was faster than all of them.
    Having no proper karting experience on 42degree day I finished something like .8 off the lap record... Also broke 2 ribs from hopping around the corners, turns out you don't need to fall off to hurt yourself on a kart lol.

Getting off a Motogp bike onto something like a DTM car must be a piece of piss for the likes of Rossi, the only thing I think they may struggle with is in conveying what the car is doing to the engineers. But perhaps a bike racer is much more in tune with this? Either way I don't see Rossi as too slow for cars or motogp for that matter, just think the new riders are just that bit faster (the irony is he taught half of them) so he's better off enjoying teaching them and driving the wheels off rally cars or whatever takes his fancy.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Not sure how it is for Rossi. But for me at least I find when I get in something with 4 wheels on track, having raced bikes, I feel invincible.

I remember having a crack at a decent outdoor hire kart track in aussie with some mates who had all raced karts properly. I remember as I pulled out thinking "I can't fall off this", then sending it faster and faster into the corners every lap. I was faster than all of them.
    Having no proper karting experience on 42degree day I finished something like .8 off the lap record... Also broke 2 ribs from hopping around the corners, turns out you don't need to fall off to hurt yourself on a kart lol.

Getting off a Motogp bike onto something like a DTM car must be a piece of piss for the likes of Rossi, the only thing I think they may struggle with is in conveying what the car is doing to the engineers. But perhaps a bike racer is much more in tune with this? Either way I don't see Rossi as too slow for cars or motogp for that matter, just think the new riders are just that bit faster (the irony is he taught half of them) so he's better off enjoying teaching them and driving the wheels off rally cars or whatever takes his fancy.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    There is a video out where Marquez test drives an F1 car, I think? They talk quite a bit about the difference - there is a video somewhere. They did say:
    "It's impressive, because obviously Marc is at the top of his game on two wheels and to come to drive a Formula 1 car, the way we generate the lap time is just so different," Webber said."We have so much downforce, so much cornering grip, the lateral component, the seating position is unique because the eyeline is different.
    "A super-impressive morning. He chipped away, we got into the breaking areas, we got into the high-speed corners, and now we're into this last part which takes a bit longer to get the last bit of lap time out.
    "In general it's been a real honour to be here. He's driven awesome."
    He was 10s of pole place on a slower car, with demo tires and some other stuff missing, they said.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Just enjoyed reading this article/interview with fabios crew chief. It is a little dated, so apologies if it is a repost.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...aro-is-so-fast

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    MM eye problem and the arm by the looks
    https://www.visordown.com/news/racin...unusual-injury
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    MM eye problem and the arm by the looks
    https://www.visordown.com/news/racin...unusual-injury
    Ahhhhhhh poor bugger, hope he gets back, tho not at the expense of health.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I think its a nerve in his eye.. I believe his arm/shoulder situation is situation normal
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    People have regularly made the mistake of writing the Doctor off as too old to win another GP or podium, but I think he is going to pull a swansong out of the bag. Think about it, MM is away, FQ is a bit tired and emotional now, it is his perfect chance to go out with a bang. And if by the fates . . . at Vale-ncia. You read it here first.

Once on the podium and with the power vested in him, he will arrest Bidden and Hillary, and probably Obama, then reinstate Trump as rightful presidantai. He will then ascend the heavens and take his rightful place on the factory team with God, displacing Jesus for 2022, who quite frankly has had a disappointing run for the last 2000 years. However JC will for sentimental purposes get a satellite ride as an Alter-boy for the Catholic faith team under Father McStiffy.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Speaking of the end of days. Here are some nice pics of Rossi.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ga...er-in-pictures
    Manopausal.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That was a nice collection. Just watched first half of hitting the Alex on Netflix last night. Pitt is surprisingly not too annoying as narrator.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Bloody hell Pols highside in FP3 was horrible , hope he's ok

Big bro AEsp topped them all, damn impressive considering where he was in FP 1&2

Rossi relied on his usual tow from Pecco and scraped into Q2.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    [QUOTE=mulletman

Rossi relied on his usual tow from Pecco and scraped into Q2.[/QUOTE]

Yamaha have got to bin the 15 year old motor if they want some success next year... Mind you they did win the title ????
    Maybe a V4 ?
    or try and pull some extra HP out of the old bus again ?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Yes I hope Pol is well it looked nasty. It looked like the electronics didn't control the rear.
    That Honda looks like a bike that will really bite you.
    Honda might be in trouble as MM this article seems to mean his eye issue is going to take a while.
    https://the-race.com/motogp/honda-mo...z-eye-problem/
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information