Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Things are kicking off. There's an "After The Flag" available on the MotoGP site, it's free but you have to be registered. I recently lost my phone, recovered it but am now experiencing a series of password dramas. I will persist.

There's an interview with new Yamaha test rider Cal Crutchlow on BT Sport, but as usual for them it's geoblocked. Never seen the lad look so relaxed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    See KTM tried to sabotage Suzuki's bike launch. KTM now on my naughty list.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Aprilia was fastest on the first day. I didn't see that coming.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Aprillia/Asparagus is often fastest on day 1. The bike/team may have issues, but lack of rider commitment (madness) is not one of them. I expect normal service to resume soon.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Aprilia was fastest on the first day. I didn't see that coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Aprillia/Asparagus is often fastest on day 1. The bike/team may have issues, but lack of rider commitment (madness) is not one of them. I expect normal service to resume soon.
    ^^^ This. Asparagus has been the best rider on the worst bike for many years, he's out performed some very well regarded riders on the same machinery, quite a long list when you think about it...
    It's a shame Suzuki shit canned him so soon as it would have been interesting to see what he could do with a competitive bike, from memory he struggled to make the Michelins in '16 when they switched over so got the boot to Aprilia.

I wouldn't be reading too much into his placement, the Aprilia will look good till the engine starts playing up again and they'll have to turn it down again like last year.

So excite for round 1, should we do the $100 challenge this year boys? I wanted to last year till Covid hit, but we might be able to this year.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Just looked up how many Motogp Racing careers that Aprilia has put to an end in one way or another since '15

Stefan Bradl
    Marco Melandri
    Sam Lowes
    Scott Redding
    Andrea Iannone

That's a solid amount in 5 years lol

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    ^^^ This. Asparagus has been the best rider on the worst bike for many years, he's out performed some very well regarded riders on the same machinery, quite a long list when you think about it...
    It's a shame Suzuki shit canned him so soon as it would have been interesting to see what he could do with a competitive bike, from memory he struggled to make the Michelins in '16 when they switched over so got the boot to Aprilia.

I wouldn't be reading too much into his placement, the Aprilia will look good till the engine starts playing up again and they'll have to turn it down again like last year.

So excite for round 1, should we do the $100 challenge this year boys? I wanted to last year till Covid hit, but we might be able to this year.
    Did you see the shade Lorenzo threw at Aleix yesterday??? Jorge has gone all Older Brando on us.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Word is that MM is registered to appear at the first race in Qatar. Of course this doesn't mean he'll ride but things are looking up for the lad.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Did you see the shade Lorenzo threw at Aleix yesterday??? Jorge has gone all Older Brando on us.
    I saw the one he threw at Crashlow and Miller, not Aleix though.

He has a fairish point with Crutchlow, since Lorenzo left Yamaha the bikes become steadily worse, so you'd think they'd need him to test for them to get it back to its strong points.
    BUT, he's too much of a premadonna to be a test rider, so I can see why they canned him.

As for Miller, Millers on a factory bike finally this year (Lorenzo was always on Factory bikes) so his wins will start coming very soon. BRING IT ON!

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

So excited for round 1, should we do the $100 challenge this year boys? I wanted to last year till Covid hit, but we might be able to this year.
    Very tempting. My total with the TAB is 50-something dollars in my favor. They pestered me for a year to give them money and dangled all sorts of offers. I only took the free bets and they eventually worked it out and left me alone.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Very tempting. My total with the TAB is 50-something dollars in my favor. They pestered me for a year to give them money and dangled all sorts of offers. I only took the free bets and they eventually worked it out and left me alone.
    Yeah I think there'll be some good money on odd bets this year, with so many guys able to win putting a bet in early on a Binder, Olivera, Pol etc should net some good odds.

I'm keen, shall I start the thread?

Bike
    77 XL250
    I have been mulling it over and have decided to give it a miss this time. I find the problem is that the one you want to win - and are shouting at the screen to help - is seldom the one you have bet on. Money or the chosen one... It takes a slice of enjoyment out of a race at times.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Apparently that was in the nature of an in joke. Part of the reference was to ESA's manager. JL and ESA have the same manager. ESA's reply used the tears of laughter emoji.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Bradl is trying to prove a point I reckon he is fast

Getting concerned Rossi isn't going to make it this season he is way behind

Just watched a few interviews on MotoGP

1/- Damn that Pol seems to be a realistic and genuinely nice chap

2/- On another vid MM gave his gym and training schedule over the last month.
    8am up
    9-11am Physio and gym
    11:30 - 1.30 Bike or run
    4-6 Physio and gym
    No days off
    Pretty damn dedicated that's for sure.
    Was never a great fan of his (except great respect for his talent) but I have admired him for his handling of this Rossi spat and he seems to have matured.

Bring on the season getting excited now
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Apparently that was in the nature of an in joke. Part of the reference was to ESA's manager. JL and ESA have the same manager. ESA's reply used the tears of laughter emoji.
    Pretty good joke really. Though I rate ESA's podium on the CRT bike better than a win on a factory bike. That just should not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Bradl is trying to prove a point I reckon he is fast

Getting concerned Rossi isn't going to make it this season he is way behind

Just watched a few interviews on MotoGP

1/- Damn that Pol seems to be a realistic and genuinely nice chap

2/- On another vid MM gave his gym and training schedule over the last month.
    8am up
    9-11am Physio and gym
    11:30 - 1.30 Bike or run
    4-6 Physio and gym
    No days off
    Pretty damn dedicated that's for sure.
    Was never a great fan of his (except great respect for his talent) but I have admired him for his handling of this Rossi spat and he seems to have matured.

Bring on the season getting excited now
    He was plenty quick enough on the Sat Honda, I wonder if he moving to Aprilia for money and a "Factory ride" then his career fell with it? Can't remember if he was pushed or left...

Rossi seems to be stuck trying to make the bike into what he needs rather than adapting to make it work, Vinales spent a whole day just playing with his riding style to see if he can work out a way to make it grip and last the whole race. Rossi can complain all he likes but he got out performed by the other Yamaha boys last year and it's looking the same this year. Seems like his pace is slowly declining, he's still quick enough for the ride but is he quick enough to win still?

Pols looking good on the Honda already, faster than the other Honda boys and not hit the limit of the bike yet, go Pol!

Thread Information