Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I have all 13 fingers crossed.
    Is that easy to do with webbed hands ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Is that easy to do with webbed hands ?
    That's what makes it so heartfelt.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I won't be quoting you, so it's not a problem. But seriously, have seen a lot of riders over the last 40 years of following this motorcycle GP racing. He'll choke under championship pressure if gets to the front of the points table. Then he'll start blaming everyone except himself.

Having said that, I'd be thrilled to see him win. Despite my scepticism he has worked extremely hard to get where he is, on the minimum level of talent required to make it to MotoGP.
    Where as I remember what he did in Moto3, solid consistent championship where he was down on power to the Hondas yet still gave them a damn good run despite coming up against the much hallowed Alex Marquez and Spanish armada. If Alex Marquez hadn't taken him out in that wet race he'd have a moto3 title, that was so bizzare of them not to penalise as they've hammered riders for doing the same many times since. I suspect the last name helped...

There was a reason Honda grabbed him straight outta Moto3, just a shame they put him on the worst Motogp bike in the paddock. Ever since he's been on the Ducati he's really matured and worked his way forward.

Millers made of the right stuff I reckon and he's exactly the right amount of crazy to win shit, bring it on!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    He reminds me of Randy Mamola. Can ride a bike better than anyone. Can not fight the red mist and doesn't do politics well. He's in the most Machiavellian MotoGP team ever now. Deep end of the pool. The sharks have legs and they stand on your head when it's on the bottom of the pool.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    When D'all'igna went to Ducati the bike was a dog yet he said his top priority was a communication problem. WTF? In due course we learned what the problem was. The engineers at the factory were very conscious of their status and did not see why they should listen to humble mechanics. Any criticism of the bike was treated as an insult. Some examples of this became apparent with time.

Dall'igna reportedly told them that the guys in the team drove the effort, and any engineer who felt he could not take direction from a team mechanic should look for another job.

The Ducati team is run on a shoe string compared to the Japanese factories, but if they can win great. They are certainly trying different things.

Miller had his problems, f'rinstance once he got fat between seasons . Puig had to sort him out. Hopefully he has matured and Ducati can give him a bike capable of doing the business. The Spanish and Italian anthems will get monotonous otherwise.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    The only other experienced Ducati rider is Zarco, so they really need Miller to do well. I doubt any of the other top riders would sign for them now, and Ducati probably can't afford them anyway.

Bike
    05 iHornet 900

MotoGP Subscription ... unaffordable for me this year

Sorry if already been discussed

A subscription from the MotoGP site @ NZ$233 has grown a little out of my league.

My fall back is downloading a torrent post race or watching live on some dodgy low resolution stream.
    What is some alternatives others use please ?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr View Post
    Sorry if already been discussed

A subscription from the MotoGP site @ NZ$233 has grown a little out of my league.

My fall back is downloading a torrent post race or watching live on some dodgy low resolution stream.
    What is some alternatives others use please ?
    That certainly seems a jump on whatever I paid. I guess I'd have to console myself that it's only a bit over two months SKY subscription. If SKY don't show the GPs they'll get the axe and I'll pay the Dorna sub.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    I have been told that a torrent of the BTSport coverage is available within a couple of hours from https://www.ettv.be/user/smcgill1969
    It is available in time for Monday morning viewers. Handy since most races only start at midnight or later NZ time.

The same source informs me that the purchase of an inexpensive Android media box and the right free software allows one to turn ones TV into a 'Smart TV' and view BTSport (and many others) as a live stream.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I
    The same source informs me that the purchase of an inexpensive Android media box and the right free software allows one to turn ones TV into a 'Smart TV' and view BTSport (and many others) as a live stream.
    Interesting. A VPN lets me see the BTSport clips. It might work for the races as well? For the ones at a suitable hour anyway.

Bike
    77 XL250
    My anonymous source used the Mobdro app, but alas, the management was nicked and the channel shut down. Some more testing is under way for a reliable source.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Cheapest way to buy Videopass is the Android Play store. $180 this year.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I have been told that a torrent of the BTSport coverage is available within a couple of hours from https://www.ettv.be/user/smcgill1969
    It is available in time for Monday morning viewers. Handy since most races only start at midnight or later NZ time.

I have one of those wee boxes. And indeed you can watch TV worldwide, all of the UK channels. Problem is, staying awake.

Quite a lot of Sky Channels, too, IIRC.

Ultimately I found it to much faff and rarely use it now the novelty has worn off.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    77 XL250
    MotoGP was the only usage

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Spark Sport is to cover MotoGP in NZ. Dammit! I have questions...

Update.
    Answers are coming:
    $24.99 per month
    Yes, it’s available on demand.

Moto GP is the main reason I have Sky now. Decisions decisions...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.48.21 AM.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	348714  

Thread Information