Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    The difference is that Dovi is the king of tyre management and the current Duc riders, especially Bagnaia, have a way to go.

Weird how Vinales could go hard for so long but then the other Yamaha riders had the usual problems. He'll probably be outside the top 10 next weekend!
    For all Mavericks faults on the Yamaha, keeping the Tyres lasting was never one of him, I'd bet if you looked at the 2nd half of the race times from the past few years only Mav would have won every race.

I must say having watched Jack Miller nurse the tyres then lose them suddenly after a few laps pushing makes me wonder if this is more a Michelin thing than a rider thing, I've enjoyed the racing over the past few years but I must say I'm getting sick of the riders having issues making them work for them, I'd rather see them lick the stamp and send it for 18 laps like the days of old.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    yeah cheers mate, WSB is the other thing to think about I suppose? Spark got WSB ?

Mum asked last week if I want Sky sport back on, I got her to delete it last year !
    (she does all that sort of stuff and pays the Bills hahaha).

Been lovin the Summer weather and fangin around on the beast, usually twice a week! Oh and there's Trackday Saturday at the Minefeild. lol.
    Spark may not have WSBK but it is only $25.00 which is a lot less than SKY. I was going to ditch SKY but am due for surgery next month ('nutha bionic knee) which will mean I'll mostly be stuck inside for a week or three. Cancelling SKY now might be counter productive.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    yeah cheers mate, WSB is the other thing to think about I suppose? Spark got WSB ?

Mum asked last week if I want Sky sport back on, I got her to delete it last year !
    (she does all that sort of stuff and pays the Bills hahaha).

Been lovin the Summer weather and fangin around on the beast, usually twice a week! Oh and there's Trackday Saturday at the Minefeild. lol.
    Streaming is the way forward now GAZ and cost wise probably more cost efficient than SKY.

https://secure.worldsbk.com/en/subscribe
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post
    Streaming is the way forward now GAZ and cost wise probably more cost efficient than SKY.

I am tossing up between getting WSBK and BSB. Probably go for BSB.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Spark may not have WSBK but it is only $25.00 which is a lot less than SKY. I was going to ditch SKY but am due for surgery next month ('nutha bionic knee) which will mean I'll mostly be stuck inside for a week or three. Cancelling SKY now might be counter productive.
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post

Yeah guys , I think mum pays Sky about $120 odd a month ??? when she cancelled the sport it was worth I think $33 !!!!!!!

Good luck with the knee pritch..... Prednizone is keeping me riding ! (have it for Crohns, so its a side benefit?).

Ciao Ben.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R100GSPD
    look at getting sky sport through spark.i think it is slightly cheaper to combine them on spark

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    look at getting sky sport through spark.i think it is slightly cheaper to combine them on spark
    I had a look, it's $50 per month for both. You can get a discount if you have the right account with Spark.

I was paying about $55 a month for Sky Sport and their starter package.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Oiliviera and Binder not happy with Michelin, suggesting their tyres are a bit shite and not what they were promised.
    Maybe there is something in this tyre problem business.

Thinking about the fuel management for Ducati. Clearly they can test this in the testing programme, but racing is racing, so only really know the consumption when in race mode. I would suggest that Race 1 was in conservative mode so as to get to the end in the best shape possible, and that as they gain more knowledge they will be allowed Mapping 'Go Fast' for more laps.

Once again we are seeing the benefits of Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup and CEV Repsol Junior World Championship for rider development.
    The list of ex-Rookies in all classes is very long now.

I wonder if there are any Kiwi's in Rookies Cup?

And we experienced the Motogp.com slowdown. Was extremely frustrating. Bloody internets eh?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Rossi said some years ago that it's possible to beat a guy with a more powerful bike, but if someone has better tyres there's nothing you can do.

Now they've all got the same tyres, but each new variation in tyre design will suit some teams better than others.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Rossi said some years ago that it's possible to beat a guy with a more powerful bike, but if someone has better tyres there's nothing you can do.

Now they've all got the same tyres, but each new variation in tyre design will suit some teams better than others.
    i dont know how they manufacture them but there seems to be some consistency issues.There have been cases where one tyre just does perform like its immediate predessor

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i dont know how they manufacture them but there seems to be some consistency issues.There have been cases where one tyre just does perform like its immediate predessor
    I've been pointing a finger at Michelin for well over a year !

Make it open to all ,or ask Bridgestone if they want another crack ?
    Too late for this Season tho.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Shinko and maxxis for the win
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I read that the Michilin soft is the only option as the carcass on the medium simply doesnt work.
    the complaint was get the Medium to work so they have that option.
    That I understand is the issue.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Oiliviera and Binder not happy with Michelin, suggesting their tyres are a bit shite and not what they were promised.

Thinking about the fuel management for Ducati. Clearly they can test this in the testing programme, but racing is racing, so only really know the consumption when in race mode. I would suggest that Race 1 was in conservative mode so as to get to the end in the best shape possible, and that as they gain more knowledge they will be allowed Mapping 'Go Fast' for more laps.

Once again we are seeing the benefits of Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup and CEV Repsol Junior World Championship for rider development.
    The list of ex-Rookies in all classes is very long now.

I wonder if there are any Kiwi's in Rookies Cup?

And we experienced the Motogp.com slowdown. Was extremely frustrating. Bloody internets eh?
    Mr Bagshaw I presume?

And yeah Millers just did an interview as good as saying that it was Michelin that phucked his race. I do wonder how the Dunlops would have done with these electronics and power though, it's getting a tad crazy now

Wonder who will win the gamble this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Wow what a qualifying session that was. One JM very happy, the other JM not so much.

Thread Information