Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Well if you ever wondered who rides for the dumbest team two guys from last nights race would be able to give an insight. before the race when Simon was interviewing the Michelin guy i was thinking this could easily end in tears ...

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Pretty enthralling race today.. MM looks to be over the worst of his injury now - he's like 95% on the left and 80% on the right, and still as fast if not faster than all but a few
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That race was not without drama, but the aerial shots make the track look like an Aldo Drudi advertisement. Not that I'm complaining mind.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	191510788_4350874898264452_2058768030379858752_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	349907

Well done Yamaha and Quatararo !!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Nowt any more
    A strong team for HRC WSBK 2022.
    Here's hoping the bike is good too.

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/9905...-worldsbk-2022
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    A strong team for HRC WSBK 2022.
    Here's hoping the bike is good too.

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/9905...-worldsbk-2022
    Lol. That's the end of those guy's careers. Honda WSBK is a mechanism to quietly shuffle riders who once showed promise off the world stage.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Lol. That's the end of those guy's careers. Honda WSBK is a mechanism to quietly shuffle riders who once showed promise off the world stage.
    Hard to argue with that. Honda really haven't been putting much effort into their WSBK machinery. The various European teams Ten Kate etc did extra development work. Cosworth were hired to extract additional performance at one stage The factory seemed to be putting all their eggs in the Repsol basket.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	191510788_4350874898264452_2058768030379858752_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	349907

Well done Yamaha and Quatararo !!!!
    Shoulder down, the new elbow down!!!
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Next up, Helmet scrapers! You read it here first.

Jeez wouldn't half make a racket.

From what was looking like a proecessional race it got real busy.

Glad FQ won championship but its a pity that race didn't give FB another win to be proud of.

Next year could be real sticky at the front end. Let's hope Suzuki and KTM can find that extra poofeenth of whatever it is to bring them back up again.

MM is of course not allowed to become dominant to the same level, glad to see him able to win races again, but. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

MM is of course not allowed to become dominant to the same level, glad to see him able to win races again, but. . .
    awwww, come on.. He might be ruthless on the track, but that doesnt means he's a bad person :/
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Um, I was meaning it makes for better racing if he isn't just whipping everyone like before. Doohan famously said "Am I supposed to slow down?" Or something like that, when there was criticism that he made the racing a bit boring (again or something like that).
    No he wasn't supposed to. But would have been better to watch if there were more people who could run with him.

I remember ACMN running an article, something like is Simon Crafer saving GPs? And that was an Ausdie magazine FFS.

A lot of something likes in above post, but too lazy to look up citations. I'll leave that for resident anorak.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    The most deserved rider of the season won IMHO.
    Wears his heart on his sleeve and because of it suffers a little from the pressure of which he handled much better than last year.
    But there was the odd crack starting to show last couple races.

Next year will be very interesting to see how they all go against MM at full fitness with the Honda better sorted.
    Honda might be getting there given Pol's result added to MM.

The overriding thing for me over the last week is the sportsmanship between the riders over the last week or 4.
    God to see hard but fair racing and good grace after.

Time for Rossi to go and I'm not sure Dovi will make it next season.
    Taking a liking to Jack I hope he does better.
    You never know MV is making steady progress.

Condolences to Pecco he made the end of the season just sooo much better for all of us armchair racers.

Congrats to Fabio
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

Next year will be very interesting to see how they all go against MM at full fitness with the Honda better sorted.
    Honda might be getting there given Pol's result added to MM.
    The Honda will never be "sorted". HRC make engineering solutions, not motorcycles for human racers. Pol's result were purely down to the cooler temperatures giving him rear grip which he always struggles with on the Honda.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    The Honda will never be "sorted". HRC make engineering solutions, not motorcycles for human racers. Pol's result were purely down to the cooler temperatures giving him rear grip which he always struggles with on the Honda.
    i think that is a bit of the mark.It wasnt so long ago that the honda was probably the best bike on the grid.All the manufacturere go through times when the bike doesnt work. I think Honda WILL try to make the bike more manageable. They have seen that only MM can ride it

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i think that is a bit of the mark.It wasnt so long ago that the honda was probably the best bike on the grid.All the manufacturere go through times when the bike doesnt work. I think Honda WILL try to make the bike more manageable. They have seen that only MM can ride it
    They don't care that only MM can ride it. So long as someone is winning Honda are excused from having to make a bike that can accommodate someone who isn't willing to completely ruin their health to win on a Honda. They have been like this for since Freddie Spencer. There is always one rider who can dominate on a Honda in any given time period, but they are utter aliens, every one of them. Spencer, Doohan, Rossi, Stoner and Marquez are phenoms. Lawson had enough brains to make a point and get out of Dodge. Gardner kept riding until he was more often broken than not. The only exception to that rule is Alex Criville and even then he probably got his championship because of Doohan's settings and data.

Thread Information