Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Add big bang and unleaded petrol to the list.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Um, I was meaning it makes for better racing if he isn't just whipping everyone like before. Doohan famously said "Am I supposed to slow down?" Or something like that, when there was criticism that he made the racing a bit boring (again or something like that).
    No he wasn't supposed to. But would have been better to watch if there were more people who could run with him.

I remember ACMN running an article, something like is Simon Crafer saving GPs? And that was an Ausdie magazine FFS.

A lot of something likes in above post, but too lazy to look up citations. I'll leave that for resident anorak.
    That might have been a big part of Rossi's appeal in the early days. He'd ride around in second place making it look like it could be a scrap - until about three laps from the end then he'd clear off.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i think that is a bit of the mark.It wasnt so long ago that the honda was probably the best bike on the grid.All the manufacturere go through times when the bike doesnt work. I think Honda WILL try to make the bike more manageable. They have seen that only MM can ride it
    Yup before they arseholed Pedrosa anyways. Amazing how similar to the Honda of yesteryear the KTM seems to be...
    It's still biffing MM off more than is sustainable though I think, he may be able to ride it but its at a big risk...

Pol rode well, but he didn't have the pace to beat Jack, Peco and Olivera who happened to hop off in front of him. Gotta be on it to win this is true, but also got to be closer to the winner to show true progress... Marc is looking like getting back to his old ways, but the field has moved on a bit since last year...

We saw with Fabio on the sat Yamaha how good he was in his rookie year, last year I think the bike was awful so we can't really hang much on that. Now they don't have Maverick holding them back and Franco is on the other bike I think we'll see an even better Yamaha next year. Gurn be interesting to see if he can go back to back, I'm backing Franco to give him a good run too though. Much excite.

Fabio's riding style on the Yamaha is bloody awesome to watch, seeing him overcome the top speed deficit especially against the Dukes that can now turn almost as good as the Yam this year... Brilliant. Very deserving champion and he did it cleanly with some very brave overtaking.

I love Miller but I'm wondering if Ducatis future lies in Bags and Martin? It's on Jack to perform next year I think as there's some fast fuckers lining up in the Ducati talent pool. What the beast is doing on that old Ducati is very impressive.

As for Maverick, he's ditched a title winning bike... I don't think any more needs to be said than that.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Marc Marquez to miss Algarve Grand Prix
    The Repsol Honda man will sit out the penultimate round of the 2021 MotoGP™ World Championship after a training crash

This past Saturday Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team), while preparing for the Brembo Algarve Grand Prix with one of his standard off-road training sessions, suffered a fall that caused a slight head concussion.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    sheesh.. that's gotta suck..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    He's finally showing he's human (a very fast human).... Injuries are adding up....

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    yeah... I had a concussion a few years ago (got hit in the head by a loaded tilt a door hinge) - aint much fun - I was lookin forward to seeing if he could pull one out of the bag again.

One of the guys from Crash.net was saying that his injuries are so bad most other people would have given up by now.. the fact he is still on a bike is a miracle, let alone able to compete, and/or win 9and on a bike that's not that great)
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I read that the main problem Marc has is with his right shoulder after the op at the end of 2019, not the broken arm. That may not fully recover without further surgery.

Still, 2, 4, 1, 1 in the last 4 races isn't bad going. Could be an interesting season next year.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Marc is showing that while you are young, topping crash numbers year in year out will eventually cost you down the road.
    IIRC it was not single incident that caused that dislocation, just repeated hits then she started popping out on him every weekend. They fixed it up kinda but I'm guessing he's missing some important bits that hold that socket together. I've only dislocated a toe thankfully (indoor "social" netball lol) but I can attest that it's not been the same since, can only imagine what a shoulder is like.

I think if we look back in the motogp threads over the years the opinion of quite a few was that eventually this may come to pass; Marcs strategy of crashing to find the limit in practice then sending it in the race.
    Many a career has been cut short by injury though (often Honda riders), Marc may be the next victim of the Honda. He'll keep going, but will we ever see the Marc of old, able to punish the front end to the very limit of adhesion then bring it back from the brink? I dunno. Maybe if the competition wasn't so fierce, but he's now facing a field of aliens, not just a few like the earlier years.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Marc Marquez to miss Algarve Grand Prix
    The Repsol Honda man will sit out the penultimate round of the 2021 MotoGP™ World Championship after a training crash

This past Saturday Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team), while preparing for the Brembo Algarve Grand Prix with one of his standard off-road training sessions, suffered a fall that caused a slight head concussion.
    Interesting that MM has been declared unfit when Oncu was knocked out for 10 minutes or so but was allowed to race next day. This inconsistency has caused some online comment. For my money, if there's a mistake it was letting Oncu race.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

I think if we look back in the motogp threads over the years the opinion of quite a few was that eventually this may come to pass; Marcs strategy of crashing to find the limit in practice then sending it in the race.
    Many a career has been cut short by injury though (often Honda riders), Marc may be the next victim of the Honda. He'll keep going, but will we ever see the Marc of old, able to punish the front end to the very limit of adhesion then bring it back from the brink? I dunno. Maybe if the competition wasn't so fierce, but he's now facing a field of aliens, not just a few like the earlier years.
    Freddie Spencer did the same thing. He'd steer with the rear and slide the front on entry as part of his braking procedure. However this put huge stress on his forearms and this is well before the idea of arm pump or even RSI existed and it completely blighted his post-championship years to the point he retired relatively young. Just puts into perspective Valentino's longevity even more. Damn shame though, I enjoyed watching Marc crash without falling off.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    77 XL250
    The official version is that Oncu never lost consciousness and first reports were incorrect. I was most surprised when he was cleared to ride, before I saw the MotoGP report.

On the Marquez front; a shame to not see him on the Portimao track.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    The official version is that Oncu never lost consciousness and first reports were incorrect. I was most surprised when he was cleared to ride, before I saw the MotoGP report.

On the Marquez front; a shame to not see him on the Portimao track.
    Probably for the best though as that's one physical track to ride, probably only topped by COTA and that's due to the bumps mainly.

Excited to watch it then back there though. Will be interesting to see how Oliveras improvement in form plays out this time round, hoping for a home win
    Those that are still betting I'd say he'd be worth a cheeky early $20 bet as I imagine his odds will be pretty good.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Typical spin-doctoring of the language regarding Marc.
    Reports indicate he has been ill for several days. This is no 'slight concussion'.
    I would think he proper fucked himself crashing the MX bike or MTB. Highly likely as he will have been training hard, not riding to the dairy for a bottle of milk at Mr Patels.
    Being ill for several days indicates a serious concussion.
    Mr Carl Hayman now comes to mind during these discussions (among others of course).
    I think that there is a very real problem with this spin-doctoring and language of minimisation of injuries in MotoGP/WSBK these days.
    It provides some perhaps subconscious belief that these guys are indestructible, rather than just fit humans like the rest of us (or unfit as the case may be).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    77 XL250
    I think they have run out of Marquez clones. A clone is the only way to explain that massive faceplant at Sepang 2019 where a pristine MM turned up the next day.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Thread Information