Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    yeah MM was top before everyone started doing their time attacks
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well I didn't have an Aprilia on the front row on my GP bingo card.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...g-title/379697

MM: we can not pretend to fight for the victory because we are not there yet, but top 5 is our optimistic and realistic goal"
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Pulling for Miller Just because he is from our part of the world. I thought he was a smart arse but Miller is Miller and thats ok I reckon
    Fabio just has the feel of that bike.
    Bloody Bloody good job Zarco.
    Vinales gonna get the boot if he cant get his head right.
    Wondering if we will see some desperate risky moves from MM.
    Rossi should enjoy the rest of the season as his swansong and the great champion he is.

The best season yet

What we are seeing is most bikes and riders on the pace and chasing tenths.
    The ones at the top are the ones able to put all facets together on the day.
    The Track, the bike, and the brain.
    It is the most competitive season I think I have ever seen.

Quite a few disadvantaged by slow riding
    We are seeing everyone getting desperate like Moto3 because the pack is separated by just a few tenths.
    I am starting to feel that it undermines the true essence of racing needing the crutch of a tow for a placing.
    Its becoming a joke and sorta bordering on cheating on your real speed.

Idea?????
    1. New rule required for qually: all classes (maybe even FP3 session)
    Once you cross the pit lane out line till last corner on your last lap if your speed drops you more than 1/4 sec in any two consecutive sectors = you get a penalty.
    (unless you have a bike Issue or are rejoining the session after an off)

2. or Have qually like V8 supercars. One warm up/one flying qually lap. Now that would be a show and a 1/2

The track is for race pace only no fuckling around, anything else is dangerous.
    I haven't thought 1. entirely through as you will still get everyone waiting in pit lane like moto 3.
    But at least you will have consistency and better safety on track.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Nowt any more
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Wondering if we will see some desperate risky moves from MM.
    I dont think so..

Yes re. V46.
    Yeah I dont mind Miller winning.. I was raised on Gardner and Doohan, so its all good imho. I'll even support SA riders... (probably SA over Oz, but meh)
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    I have been wanting to ask this for a while, so while watching Moto3 FP1, thought I would.

Some of you here might be parents of youngsters, sort of 10-14 years old.

Some of those youngsters might be watching Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP races.

Some of those youngsters might be telling Mum and Dad how they would love to be doing that to.

Racing is a mugs game now mate.

I'd be steering a kid towards a sport that does not require mortgaging the family home in a snowball in hells chance of even making it.
    Professional cricket,tennis even golf is a better bet for kiwi kids.
    Start em training as soon as they're out of nappies and you'll be winter holidaying in the Bahamas every year before they hit 22 years old.

Go racing and you'll be kicking them out of your trailer home in their 40's.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Why on earth would junior get the good stuff when Dads bike needs some new slicks, the shock needs rebuilding and a set of FCRs would fit the bill quite nicely?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    This will be a real test for him. 10 left hand corners, 3 right hand so that suits him well for his injury, he loves anti clockwise tracks (26 of his 50+ wins have come from ac tracks), and he's the King of Sachsenring.
    And boy did he pass that test!! Never been so happy to see him win. The emotion was showing in his interview...damn..

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Great nights racing

10/10 to MM perfect race.

King of the ring.
    11 out of 11 races wow thats some stat.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post

I'd be steering a kid towards a sport that does not require mortgaging the family home in a snowball in hells chance of even making it.
    Start em training as soon as they're out of nappies and you'll be winter holidaying in the Bahamas every year before they hit 22 years old.

Yep, I see and know what you say.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    That was some ride.. experience and timing for the win.

The guy is a legend. I hadnt heard this till they mentioned it after the race, but MM offered to give back all his salary for the year (25mill Eu).

Just barely holding it together in the interview...
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post

Agree bud. I started dabbling in Prod Racing from my first race in 1970,even as early as 75 I can remember discussions on this topic. So 50 years ago.
    Must admit it was probably easier in those early years and I thought hard and long about an offer from my bud Dave Hissy to buss off to England with him. But I didn't want to do spanners,rather ride myself.

The scene has changed so much since then but I've always believed if you were fast enough then you could make it.
    Dave proved this !

But in 2021 and the state of NZ racing for the last 20 yrs !! Nah just too hard.

Attending GP's to watch, I saw some really talented kids and good on them. Used to chat to them all the time in the Hosp tents. (young ones look about 12,so young! )
    To be fair I don't follow NZ racing at all these days.
    But hey, good luck to anyone who has a go, it's just such an uphill battle..
    Buy some golf clubs or a Tennis racket.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    But hey, good luck to anyone who has a go, it's just such an uphill battle..
    These days sometimes the passport decides who gets the ride. A Kiwi passport won't help. Often it's who can bring the most sponsorship and we just don't have the big international companies that exist overseas. It's not impossible but as you say, it's an uphill struggle.

I guess we should delight in what Courtney Duncan has achieved. Otherwise it could be a long time between drinks..
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    These days sometimes the passport decides who gets the ride. A Kiwi passport won't help. Often it's who can bring the most sponsorship and we just don't have the big international companies that exist overseas. It's not impossible but as you say, it's an uphill struggle.

I guess we should delight in what Courtney Duncan has achieved. Otherwise it could be a long time between drinks..
    Courtney ? sorry ,is he one of ours ? Honestly I couldn't tell ya who our SuperBike riders are ?

Way back, we used to go by how we went against ours mates that did have a go overseas. That and whether we did some winning here. But the true test is getting there yourself and trying.

I always remember when Hissy came back from Bathurst way back when. I said to him whats it like ?
    In his laconic way he said , mate easy, just like the Tukas mate !!!!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information