Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yes, from memory he was on Dunslops and beat Doohan by 8 secs at Donnington ?????
    (if I recall correctly ? Long time ago now)....
    I posted it back a page.. highlights here: https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/201...r-beat-doohan/
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    I posted it back a page.. highlights here: https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/201...r-beat-doohan/
    Oops sorry mate missed that....

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    all good, it was a page back :P

Easy to miss
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So did I

But link 404 now
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I guess they took it down, its up on the facebooks though https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=613063092423566
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Nowt any more

Cormac Racing at British Talent Cup 2021

The past weekend saw BSB and the BTC squad line up at the very short, but challenging Knockhill circuit in Scotland.
    The weather forecast was a bit up and down, and proved to be so, but thankfully, Sunday which held qualifying and two races for BTC, was mainly dry.
    Saturday practice went well for Cormac with his laptimes steadily declining through the two sessions.
    Sadly for the Microlise Cresswell racing team and early BTC points leader, Casey O'Gorman racing, he had a coming together with a slower rider and ended up in hospital with a couple of fractures and a bash to the head.
    That put him out for the weekend and for the foreseeable future I would think.

But for Cormac that is a positive as it is one rider he does not have to beat. Very sad for Casey, but for us there is a positive side.

So, the free practices saw Cormac in 2nd and 4th places in the group. With very short 54-60 second laptimes, the gaps at the front are very small. How small? Just wait on.......

Sunday morning saw a cool and damp, but drying, track which had all the riders out on rain tyres. Cormac waited a while to see what was the haps and to allow the track to dry a bit more.
    So, when he did get out, he blitzed it. Getting faster every lap, he ended up qualifying in 6th place after just taking it a bit easy in the tricky conditions. Still, 2nd row, not too bad.

More drama as in the warm up laps for the race, another main contender, Carter Brown, found he had no brakes or some such thing, and went careering off the track, bailed off the bike and it ended up smashed up in the air-fence. So that put him out for R1 too. But thankfully, nothing major and they got him going for R2.

On the grid for R1, due to the cold (??? LOL, just like home I reckon), Cormac as draped with a tartan blanket with the Clan Buchanan tartan. Nice touch.

Race 1 he got off to a shocking start, dropping to about 8th. The Honda NSF250 is not the easiest bike to get off the line. Not much power and tall gearing make it a challenge. But, a challenge to be overcome.
    The race then heated up, Evan Belford took off and never looked back, but Cormac started to move forward. Slotting into 2nd place in a tough tussle with three riders. That 2nd place changed lap by lap with Johnny Garness and Harry Crosby and in the end, the very diminutive Johnny took it out and while Cormac was in front of Harry, the strange finish line position meant that Harry was in front at the critical point. By how much you may ask? 0.021s!!!!! How close is that? So, 4th place, well earned and jump up to 6th in championship.

Race 2, and by this stage it was past 3am for me as the bastards at BSB/broadcaster had decided that Shakey Byrne droning on was more important than showing the BTC race live, they waited until the end of the racing to show it!!!
    But anyway. In BSB, the grid for R2 is determined by the laptimes from R1, so Cormac would be starting from P2!! Sweet!!!
    The track was well dry and warm by this stage.
    Away to a much better start, on dropping to 4th or so, he put his head down and was going quickly to stay with Johnny, Evan and Harry. Part way through the race Harry fell down and was well pissed off with himself. So that left Evan out front again and Cormac battling with wee Johnny (who does not even come up to Cormacs shoulders!!! So he has an advantage out of the slow corners and up hills, as it turns out the final turn and run are at Knockhill).
    But Cormac stuck it in and was in P2 then P3, then P2 again. It went on like that for most of the race, but in the end Johnny was able to pass Cormac up the hill for P2 at the end, by just 0.100s!!!!

So, a maiden BTC podium for Cormac Racing, step up to P5 in championship, significant more TV and commentator time and a fancy trophy.
    P1 and P2 (Evan, Johnny) have taken a march on the field, but P3 is Casey (likely out for a while) and only 10 points away. So everything in on the table still. He will be missing two rounds (4 races) due to Rookies Cup committments, but let's see how it goes.

By my reckoning, that is the first podium for a Kiwi in British National class racing since Damo Rees nabbed a 2nd position last season in Superstock 1000 and Simon Crafar in BSB back in 2002. So, pretty rarified company.

Brands Hatch GP circuit up next. I reckon that will suit him way better. My old stomping ground. Spent a few days at Brands watching racing when I lived in Canterbury.

Cormac is really making a name for himself over there and everyone in the paddock is learning his name, where he comes from and learning that some Kiwis can fly!!

If you don't have Sky tv, you can tune in to livestream of BSB Radio via the Bennetts BSB website and the live timing page. Just head to the bottom of the page and launch the commentary. Is a bit delayed on the actual, but is quite neat and the main man there is now one of Cormacs biggest fans.

Chur!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Q talking about another Yammy issue:
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    I see there are articles about, saying that Dani Pedrosa will have a wildcard at the Styrian GP
    Also rumours of Cal Crutchlow to ride Frankies bike??
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Yep

Official: Dani Pedrosa to make KTM MotoGP wildcard appearance at Austria | MotoGP | News (crash.net)

According to crash.net, crutchlow is "expected" - which seems pretty certain to me
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Yep

Official: Dani Pedrosa to make KTM MotoGP wildcard appearance at Austria | MotoGP | News (crash.net)

According to crash.net, crutchlow is "expected" - which seems pretty certain to me
    I actually flapped.

GO DANI!

Be interesting if this softer tyre works for him, it's screwed Petrux so hopefully the other end of a scale can work it.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Just read an interesting article on why FQ is so fast... they're saying its because he can be as smooth as Lorenzo, but like MM he can throw himself around the bike, he can brake and be fast in the corners, like MM, and can adapt, some tracks need brakes, some need corner speed, some need a combination..

I guess they're saying he is the new MM.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So is MM the old MM, or an alternative one?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So is MM the old MM, or an alternative one?

Yes...

or something :P
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    These podcasts have been popping up lately. Some really interesting interviews. Good stuff on his other channel, too.

Just summit while we wait.

Scroll down to the second row for the American Legends podcasts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYQ...1u7my2OJCeHFLA
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A fair bit of discussion among the pundits on social media about the death of 14yo Hugo Millan in a European Talent Cup race at Aragon. There is concern that young kids dying will bring the wrong kind of official attention.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information