Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Some rumours doing the rounds that Yamaha may be chasing Fenandez R and VR46 chasing Acosta P.
    Both of those moves highly unlikely given the systems in which they currently reside. The systems are proven winners.

My pick is (assuming he does not already have a contract for 2022, I can't find that info, anyone know?) that Olivieras management are hanging out until VR makes his announcement and they they will move, either to stay put or move to Yamaha SRT.

I cannot logically see why KTM would not have already signed him ahead of Binder, unless his management are after an improved deal. Unless Binder took what was on offer immediately of course!

I think, if KTM want to retain him, he would be silly to move.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Some rumours doing the rounds that Yamaha may be chasing Fenandez R and VR46 chasing Acosta P.
    Both of those moves highly unlikely given the systems in which they currently reside. The systems are proven winners.

My pick is that Olivieras management are hanging out until VR makes his announcement and they they will move, either to stay put or move to Yamaha SRT.

I cannot logically see why KTM would not have already signed him ahead of Binder, unless his management are after an improved deal. Unless Binder took what was on offer immediately of course!
    What it comes down to is that there's still not enough seats for the talent, even with the expanded grid next year.

Personally I'd be highly surprised if Olivera were to leave the crew he's been with so long and so successfully and I'd be amazed if they were to let him go considering the state of Tech3 right now, they don't have anyone ready to shift up. Petronas have the money to pay for him thats for sure, but whether they'd go all out when they already have Franko I'm not sure. That leaves a seat there for someone we may not have thought of for Yamaha, I'm thinking an American or Pom from Moto2.

The change of the teams and grid makes this a bit more difficult to work out next year so I'll list them as best as possible with what I think is going to happen:

KTM:
    Binder
    Olivera

Tech3:
    Petrux
    Gardiner

Yamaha:
    Quatararo
    Vinales

Petronas:
    Morbidelli
    *Someone from moto2 if Rossi calls it quits, thinking Joe Roberts maybe?*

Suzuki:
    Rins
    Mir

Ducati:
    Miller
    Bagniaia

Pramac:
    Zarco
    Martin

VR46
    Marini
    Bastanini

Aprilia
    Aliex
    Dovi

Gresini
    Di Gantionionoininoinon
    *not sure if anyone is confirmed on this seat*

Honda
    Marquez
    Pol Spagbolonaise

LCR
    Nakagami
    Alex Marquez

Feel free to copy and paste to fill in the gaps, I LOVE the silly season

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    What it comes down to is that there's still not enough seats for the talent, even with the expanded grid next year.

Personally I'd be highly surprised if Olivera were to leave the crew he's been with so long and so successfully and I'd be amazed if they were to let him go considering the state of Tech3 right now, they don't have anyone ready to shift up. Petronas have the money to pay for him thats for sure, but whether they'd go all out when they already have Franko I'm not sure. That leaves a seat there for someone we may not have thought of for Yamaha, I'm thinking an American or Pom from Moto2.

The change of the teams and grid makes this a bit more difficult to work out next year so I'll list them as best as possible with what I think is going to happen:

KTM:
    Binder
    Olivera

Tech3:
    Petrux
    Gardiner

Yamaha:
    Quatararo
    Vinales

Petronas:
    Morbidelli
    *Someone from moto2 if Rossi calls it quits, thinking Joe Roberts maybe?*

Suzuki:
    Rins
    Mir

Ducati:
    Miller
    Bagniaia

Pramac:
    Zarco
    Martin

VR46
    Marini
    Bastanini

Aprilia
    Aliex
    Dovi

Gresini
    Di Gantionionoininoinon
    *not sure if anyone is confirmed on this seat*

Honda
    Marquez
    Pol Spagbolonaise

LCR
    Nakagami
    Alex Marquez

Feel free to copy and paste to fill in the gaps, I LOVE the silly season
    The two names that are most important in Moto2 I think, are Lowes and Bezzechi. Although Lowes' value might be suffering currently and he tried MotoGP and didn't truely get on with it. But, Aprilia could do a lot worse. Bez will be the most intriguing. Vierge has also staked a bit of a claim, but not a strong one IMO. But, some of the teams are very loyal, others not so much.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    The two names that are most important in Moto2 I think, are Lowes and Bezzechi. Although Lowes' value might be suffering currently and he tried MotoGP and didn't truely get on with it. But, Aprilia could do a lot worse. Bez will be the most intriguing. Vierge has also staked a bit of a claim, but not a strong one IMO. But, some of the teams are very loyal, others not so much.
    I'd say the names are Lowes and Roberts, purely on what passports they hold though. Dorna will have their fingers in there to help boost viewer numbers. Having no Poms or Yanks in motogp must really bug them.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Their current efforts are making Crutchlow look a lot better than we gave him credit for.

For anyone who listens to podcasts, "Rusty's Garage" is worth a visit. I was drawn by his recent interview with Alex Briggs. But he's been going for a while and there's a lot of interviews with mostly Australian motorsport people. Of particular interest to us perhaps: Wayne Gardner, Aaron Slight, Casey Stoner, Graeme Crosby, Steve Parrish, Jonathan Rea, Troy Bayliss and Jerry Burgess.

I've sometimes wondered what GP mechanics were paid. Briggs said that as a bus mechanic he was on AU$30,000pa. He went to MotoX and dropped to $20,000. When Burgess picked him up for MotoGP he was on close to AU$100,000. Twenty nine years ago!

Briggs said he has had offers from GP teams but the travel conditions were not to his liking. He and the others with #46 normally had business class travel to each race. Nobody will pay that now. Apparently the various offers he received expected him to stay in Europe for the duration of the season.
    Mate thanks for the recommendation, couldn't sleep and listened to the first Briggs interview. Interesting stuff. Looking forward to part 2.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I was reading tis morning Rossi put the Acosta thing to bed. VR46 are looking at academy riders and nothing with Acosta.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Food for thought.
    How long will the Japanese keep Alberto Puig if the results don't start coming their way?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    here is a silly season shake up...MM to KTM.He must be looking at them thinkin....hmmmm

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The Austrian girls will look better than the Japanese ones (sorry I thought it was 1990) , but the remuneration package (hey its 2021) won't be 1/2 as guilded.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    here is a silly season shake up...MM to KTM.He must be looking at them thinkin....hmmmm
    That would make my day.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    This is kinda cool:

https://www.redbull.com/es-es/projects/alterego/

MM on a real bike vs an esport champ as a virtual MM
    "If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing" - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Nowt any more

Road to MotoGP

I have been wanting to ask this for a while, so while watching Moto3 FP1, thought I would.

Some of you here might be parents of youngsters, sort of 10-14 years old.

Some of those youngsters might be watching Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP races.

Some of those youngsters might be telling Mum and Dad how they would love to be doing that too.

Some of them may even be taking their first steps towards doing that by getting involved in racing in some fashion.

My questions are: Is this so? Do we actually have any kids in NZ who actually want to become world champion? Do we have any parents who are supporting their kids if they seek higher glories? Do we have any parents who are willing to seek the help they might need? Or are they all going to fall on their faces trying to do it all on their own, as is the Kiwi way?

I ask these questions in the context of Moto Academy NZ being the only real route for a young Kiwi kid onto the Road to MotoGP, but no one is knocking on my door to seek help.

Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup, Asia Talent Cup, Oceania Junior Cup are the only likely routes for a Kiwi Kid to get into the world championships. Even if a Kiwi kid has too much money, they will not have the experience or competition to be successful.

Moto Academy NZ was the first organisation in the world to negotiate a reserved place at Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup selection event and this agreement remains in place.

So, if you and your kid want to become the next Cormac Buchanan, Moto Academy NZ is the only route by which this will happen, out of NZ.

Be very interested in hearing some opinions across the board.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Sachenring , like this GP . lots of turning left and odd cambers,should suit the Yams ?

Tho Vale slipped off in FP2 leaving him on his second bike and nowhere.....21st place.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R100GSPD
    And MM and the other HOndas were 123 at one point.MM wasnt chasing a time it seems.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    This will be a real test for him. 10 left hand corners, 3 right hand so that suits him well for his injury, he loves anti clockwise tracks (26 of his 50+ wins have come from ac tracks), and he's the King of Sachsenring.

Thread Information