Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    77 XL250
    Gerloff has a US passport and that counts for a lot in MotoGP at present. Not that Gerloff is slow, just that I would have liked to see Toprak get a ride. Neil Hogson at BTSport reckons that his manager (Keenan Sofuoglu) is keen to keep him in WorldSBK because of very lucrative sponsorship deals. EG: Toprak is with Red Bull and Yamaha GP is Monster sponsored.

Filthy lucre has buggered up many a career..............
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Lorenzo knew something. In a three year deal, Team SKY VR46 will field a Ducati satellite team in MotoGP from 2022.

So many questions, none of which were answered in what was a very brief announcement.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post

Filthy lucre has buggered up many a career..............

Lack of it has buggered up more......

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...mpaign=traffic

Little bit of behind the scenes of MM's win... quite fascinating.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I can't help but think Rossi is going to pull the pin..... ???? A good result at Assen would be a nice swan song.

This Doocati deal with VR46 gives him a retirement job . we'll see soon huh ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I can't help but think Rossi is going to pull the pin..... ???? A good result at Assen would be a nice swan song.

This Doocati deal with VR46 gives him a retirement job . we'll see soon huh ?
    I was reading this morning VR46 main sponsor the Saudi Prince wants to see him in VR46 with is brother for a year or two.
    If they are willing to spend money on a gamble or 10th - 20th placings we may see him stay?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I was reading this morning VR46 main sponsor the Saudi Prince wants to see him in VR46 with is brother for a year or two.
    If they are willing to spend money on a gamble or 10th - 20th placings we may see him stay?
    Rossi was qioted on motogp.com today saying it would be very difficult for him to be able to ride for vr46, so I dont think it will happen
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Nowt any more
    I saw mention that Toprak turned down the offer to ride at Assen.
    But perhaps the sponsorship clash was an important contributor in that decision.
    Speaking of sponsorship, the official name of the salivate Yamaha Team is Petronas Yamaha SRT (Sepang Racing Team), not PRT. I know, pedantic, but there you go, you are stuck with me! LOL.
    Speaking more of sponsorship, and the political implications thereof. This new sponsorship picked up by VR46 from Aramco, officially the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, may cause some friction around the traps.
    While no one is perfect, except me of course, the human rights and environmental record of the House of Saud and Aramco are a bit shite.
    Scratch the surface and many other companies and sponsors and the like may show records with similar hallmarks, but this one in particular might just speak to the cavalier attitude in bike racing towards sponsors who are not, shall we say, squeeky clean.
    I did note the other day, that Malbroro have been induced one way or another, to remove their completely cynical Mission Winnow branding from the F1 cars during European races (only Ferrari?? I forget).

Musical chairs at Snipers Rivacold/Prustel GP teams with Salac moving to Prustel and Surra (VR46 Academy) in at Snipers. That means Salac gets to miss Assen, for his trouble. She's a funny old world this bike racing caper.

Anyway, BSB and BTC on Sky Sport 5 and Eurosport 2 this weekend. Get amongst it, in between Assen MotoGP. Weather in Welly is supposed to be shite this weekend, so why not stay up all night and sleep all day.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Suck on a Rothmans or Benson&Hedgehogs, chew some Skoal or race for Shell advance (read up atrocities in Africa) . Or worse yet slap on some Brut (purely on the grounds of taste).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Anyway, BSB and BTC on Sky Sport 5 and Eurosport 2 this weekend. Get amongst it, in between Assen MotoGP. Weather in Welly is supposed to be shite this weekend, so why not stay up all night and sleep all day.
    cheers for that, mum just added Skysport for me (must've been good somehow ?)

As for staying up all night and sleeping the days. I have Crohns which is neat ! Controlled by the drug prednizone.....
    I was up at 1am, trying my hand at being American sniper.
    Bunnies have been digging in my bloody lawn.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Rabbit stew!! Mmmm

Or worse yet slap on some Brut (purely on the grounds of taste). Brut?? You brute.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    cheers for that, mum just added Skysport for me (must've been good somehow ?)

As for staying up all night and sleeping the days. I have Crohns which is neat ! Controlled by the drug prednizone.....
    I was up at 1am, trying my hand at being American sniper.
    Bunnies have been digging in my bloody lawn.
    Be careful with that shit. A mate, same affliction for like 30 years, was on huooge doses. Got so crazed felt like he was going to top his wife.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    MONUMENTAL highside for Marquez M in FP2. Shit!!! Walked away.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    MONUMENTAL highside for Marquez M in FP2. Shit!!! Walked away.
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...-escape/381131

bit sore apparently... new chassis being tested too
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Nowt any more

New series on RedBull TV (free)

Thread Information