Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Wow! Moto3, 2, GP, what a show!! But I'm biased eh. Nice of Steve and Matt to mention Jacks kiwi roots. Not sure we are attached to him, few would realise he has an NZ passport.

Add Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup to the list of Wow!

#14 Big Mac Attack had another fantastic race in Jerez #2.
    Starting from 25th, Cormac Racing finished in 18th place! Several riders fell down for sure, but being bike racing, that means they suck!! LOL
    Another 0.5s off his best laptime and consistently fast across the race.
    Battling in the final group of 4 or 5 riders covered by 0.9s from 15th to 18th.
    Cormac was setting up a pass for 16th or 17th, but in the final corners one of the other riders decided to slam into the side of Big Mac, causing him to lose 0.5s or so, killing off that plan.
    But another race with fantastic improvements, a lot closer to the lead group and more consistency and another race finish, not in the gravel like several others.
    Dad Stacey says that when they tell people that he has been racing for only 2 years he says their eyes open wide and make faces like, WTF???
    Most, if not all, of the kids have been racing at this sort of level for their whole lives. And he is the 2nd youngest rider on the grid.
    Off to the UK on Monday for British Talent Cup testing (3 days), with Microlise Cresswell racing, and to catch up with Demon Damo and Super Shane-o.
    So, so far, so good. Every post is being a learning post and everyone in the Cup is aware of the kid in the kiwi helmet.
    Not only that, but the Crew Chief of one Pedro Acosta is also well aware of the kiwi kid and they had a good chat today also!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I tell ya if they gave points for testing Maverick would be a multiple world champion by now.

Looks like he was working on braking, 101 laps on the bike too that's mad. Butttt, I won't hold my breathe.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/97...-comments-ajax

Rossi finished the race with exactly the same time as last year which put him on the podium. This year only 17th. It's as Crafar says, he not getting any slower, the young guys are just getting faster n faster

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Well that sure was a race... I'll take it any time an aussie, kiwi or SA gets on the podium in an event like that
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Jeepers Jacks a character
    Maybe the bubbly he was supping had a little effect to.
    He's certainly different from the norm.
    Some interesting insights into his support group.
    Lucky no one excepted his CV for a construction job few week ago
    After race conference here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfmemePdBk&t=5s
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries

MM here, talking to Acosta - Interesting to see how he talks to him, encourages him, asks about his personal life and stuff.. in a totally non dick manner :P
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Quartararo undergoes successful arm pump surgery
    The Frenchman has gone under the knife to rectify the problem that cost him victory in Jerez
    Tags MotoGP, 2021, Fabio Quartararo, Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP
    Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP's Fabio Quartararo has undergone successful arm pump surgery to rectify the problem that cost him victory in Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix. With 13 laps completed in Jerez, the Frenchman hit issues with his right arm and he proceeded to fall through the field from first to thirteenth, relinquishing his lead of the MotoGP™ World Championship in the process.

Now, the 22-year-old has gone under the knife in order to solve the compartment syndrome issue ahead of his home round at Le Mans from the 14th to the 16th of May. It's the second time in two years he's had said operation, with the first operation coming in May of 2019 following his MotoGP™ debut.

"The operation for the compartment syndrome went very well," said Quartararo following the operation. "I am still feeling a little sleepy from the anesthetic but I am fine. The doctor told me that everything went as expected. The severe pain that I felt during the race in Jerez prevented me from fighting for victory.

"I'm really looking forward to being home and start working on the arm this week so that I can be 100% fit in Le Mans. I am feeling very positive about my recovery. I’m mentally strong and can’t wait to get back on board my M1 as soon as possible."
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Just watched the "What happens during qualifying" clip on MotoGP.com.
    Following GASGAS Aspar team at Jerez.
    Seems to me that they have no plan in place, whatsoever. That they just wing it completely.
    Even down to leaving the box in the final minutes. Leaving it down to luck and the rider to make calls all on his own, even though he is a rookie.
    Seems rather crazy to me.
    Event the post-session discussions are all ad-hoc with no structure.
    Goes to show, even at world champs level, they are just a bunch of blokes with bikes going racing.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    In the mean time, something a lil different - looks fun New class for Rossi?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Truck racing for bikes!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    I bet there has been some major dollars spent on the Baggers LOL

This is a good site and a good report on last season to this season riders position comparison so far.
    I can copy and past on my phone but on the computer they have prevented it.
    Interesting read poor old Rossi
    So link here

https://www.gpone.com/en/2021/05/08/...-and-2021.html

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Good article thanks for posting.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's sad watching Rossi circulate down the field. I seem to recall reading that Rossi's race time this year was virtually the same as last year when he finished third. I just checked that and it's correct. He's going the same speed but everybody else is going faster. It's possible that the announcement of the new SKY VR46 MotoGP team heralds his transistion from rider to manager. Here's hoping.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I thought he might do better with Petronas SRT than in the factory team, but they wouldn't let him bring many of his people.

I'm no Rossi fan but it's still sad to watch.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I thought he might do better with Petronas SRT than in the factory team, but they wouldn't let him bring many of his people.

I'm no Rossi fan but it's still sad to watch.
    He's still fast... Just the other guys are getting faster, that's why saying this guy was better than that guy from different era is bollocks, we can only assess them against who they are up against at the time.

Can't help but think his rear traction issues are down to him not being quite as accurate with the right wrist as the other guys are able to be in the MMM era, the older you are the less able the brain is to learn and adapt apparently, we may be seeing this.

Sad to see but the writing has been on the wall for a while and its not like there's no one talented enough to take that seat in moto2 or motogp (on a worse bike).
    Go manage Rossi, seeing him nearly killed last year at Red Bull Ring was a close call too far for me, leave the dangerous shit to the younguns.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Not sad to see for me, he's still out doing what he loves at an age where most people make a noise standing up from their chair.

Thread Information