Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    qually Wow just Wow
    Trying not to spoil it

Good to see MM in the mix not way out front. They got some front end issues with that bike and he ain't scared that's for sure.

I think the right Qually result was achieved thanks to the yellow flag as I'd hate to see them turn the wick up for every qually and not be able to do it because of fuel for the race.
    Amazing lap tho great rider

I'm almost thinking they getting to fast for those drop offs so close to the braking zones at that track = some wicked crashes.

Rossi: If he is near last again this race maybe the valiant thing to do would be to swap his 2021 Factory bike with Franco and treat the rest of the season as a final celebration.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    moped
    Hi guys, Sky Sport has 3hrs very good coverage of ASB on today, channel 56.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So excite I think I'm gunna watch it live tonight

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Marquez - fastest Honda after that career ending injury - how good is this guy....?
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Was an impressive performance without a doubt. Takaa did well on the LCR too after getting biffed off at 250km/h two days earlier. Pecco was hard done in Q2 but rules are rules, mighty display from him coming from 11th to 2nd. What the heck happened to MV??

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    What the heck happened to MV??
    Same thing as last year replay showed MV fucked up the start then took a few laps to get his head right. He was very hard done by in qually with the yellow flags tho

Quite impressed with the way Spark sport has things set up menus, live, or from the beginning buttons and casting is seamless

Best ride of the day Pecco
    but you gotta say THE Most impressive was FQ From Race simulation in Practice then Qually and to the race FQ rider of the event

On a parting note there was a hell of a lot of front end washouts at speed for what looked like not a lot of reason.
    Not sure I'd be choosing Michelin for any of my bikes road or track
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    My most recent tyre purchase was a Michelin front. No worries. If we could push tyres as hard as those guys, we'd be in the action instead of watching it on TV.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Same thing as last year replay showed MV fucked up the start then took a few laps to get his head right. He was very hard done by in qually with the yellow flags tho
    Not a few laps, he was still in the high 1:40's low 41's halfway through the race.

Bike
    Bikes
    Anyone know why Binder got a pit lane start?
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post
    Anyone know why Binder got a pit lane start?
    I presume you are talking about Darryn Binder in Moto3 and not Brad Binder in MotoGP? On Crash it says "
    John McPhee began the race from pitlane, with a 10-second delay, for fighting with Jeremy Alcoba after he was taken out by the Spaniard's bike in Qatar. Alcoba had a similar penalty for retaliating, but with a 5-second delay.
    Two other riders also joined them in pitlane after new penalties: Darryn Binder and Tech3's Deniz Oncu (+5sec), both for 'riding slowly and disturbing other riders' during Qualifying 2.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/results...l-race-results
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    I presume you are talking about Darryn Binder in Moto3 and not Brad Binder in MotoGP? On Crash it says "
    John McPhee began the race from pitlane, with a 10-second delay, for fighting with Jeremy Alcoba after he was taken out by the Spaniard's bike in Qatar. Alcoba had a similar penalty for retaliating, but with a 5-second delay.
    Two other riders also joined them in pitlane after new penalties: Darryn Binder and Tech3's Deniz Oncu (+5sec), both for 'riding slowly and disturbing other riders' during Qualifying 2.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/results...l-race-results
    Thanks Merv
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    TV3's on-demand platform ( threenow.co.nz ) has the highlight packages as broadcast on Sunday afternoon CRC-Motorsport

They seem to go up immediately as broadcast and then hang-around for a bit.

Round two is the latest and round one is still available now https://www.threenow.co.nz/shows/crc...o-gp/S2180-812

You need to login but its free
    =mjc=

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Epic race, sad to see Miller bin it again, I think he'll need half a season to get his head screwed back on and deal with the factory pressure, lets hope Gigi gives him that courtesy and doesn't fire him off that seat as fast as his bum touched it, they should have learned their lesson with the Lorenzo saga though...

On that front, I can't help but draw comparisons tween the way Bags rides the Duke and Lorenzo, he really gets that thing to turn well. Still a bit up and down with his pace but it will come, Ducati are well overdue a title and I still think he and Miller are their best shots. Failing that they got Martin as a fall back.

It was apparent how much Marquez was struggling with strength almost immediately, he was still riding the wheels off the bitch but was glad to see him drop back as he was a bit loose. So weird to see him on the circuit again after so long, I was like oh yeah thats the guy that used to dominate. Then got to see him and Binder both abusing the front end in the same shot, was poetry!

Another great run by the Aprilia too, I'd say a podium is on the cards this year, well earned one too.

Anyone know what happened to Pol?

Final thoughts, it appears that the Yamaha is one fohking good bike this year, looks like the pendulum is swinging their way again after some time apart, Fabio is pure class too and if they can tuck Morbidelli onto the seat across from him they'll be rocking

I'll hold off discussing the moto3 race till mid week to ensure everyones watched it.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Was not happy that Acosta was not penalised for his off-track excursion. He didn't slow down or give up position at all.
    What's fair is fair.
    Peccos indiscretion was nothing in comparison.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    On a parting note there was a hell of a lot of front end washouts at speed for what looked like not a lot of reason.
    Apparently Zarco's bin was a gearbox problem - it picked a gear it aughtn't have done in the corner.......
    Acosta may well be one to watch......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Thread Information