Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Best news in ages. Be good to see him back on track, will most definitely rock the boat.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Marquez has been given the green light, he has been cleared to race at Portimau. That might upset some plans?
    Sweet.
    This is going to be really interesting.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    For those of us plebs who can't afford fan-passes or subscription TV, it may be worth noting that race highlights are starting free-to-air

TV3 3:30 today (11/4/21)
    =mjc=

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Sitting impatiently to see what Dovi thinks of the RS-GP
    I think Aleix with him could bring that bike further up as a team.

Just imagine if we could have MM and Dovi back in the seat for the next GP

Tyre's: Michelin have got to do better its looking like only one tyre worked at his last track "the soft" and if your bike didnt suit it you where stuffed.

Whats the bets on MM.
    I reckon a feeling out GP but knowing him he will be caning it he knows no other way.

Rossi- personally if he can fade out like you rise up the ranks when starting. Like around top 10 go for it!
    Slipping slowly out that's fair enough. I don't agree with having to quit if you cant win if your enjoying your racing.
    But if he's down at 3rd to last - time to retire and treat the rest of the year as a calibration of his time in GP racing.

Comments boys this thread has been far to quiet.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    77 XL250
    yre's: Michelin have got to do better its looking like only one tyre worked at his last track "the soft" and if your bike didnt suit it you where stuffed.
    Swings and roundabouts. The winner was on the same tyre as the others.
    The whole rational of the Michelin change was to slow the bikes and get closer racing. The slowing part worked for a while anyway.

A good article by Mat Oxley here. https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...p-tyres-part-1
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I think ultimately we're at a point with tyres that the bikes are just too powerful, they only way I see to improve it is to bring back the factory electronics, which would fuck the sat teams again... So status quo is fine for me I guess.

Pics for this weekend:

Miguel is gunna come out swinging, he dominated last year but I think most the riders won't have liked that so would have added that track to their training list over the break and gone and put in some more laps there perhaps negating his local advantage a bit

Brad Binder, crashed out last year so we never got to see his form, looked good in practice though so maybe he'll show his stuff and give Olivera a run

Jack Miller, was a close 2nd to Olivera last year and with more laps under his belt might be good to go, hard to say what his form will be like this year though as the last 2 races have been a bit weird.

Throw in a newly returned Marquez, a Pol Espagaro who's looking good on the Honda, a hungry factory Yamaha team and once again I have no fucking idea who's going to win this weekend.

Bring it on.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Think it was Clifford who suggested, hold on, maybe it was Webb, 4 gears. That would limit power and favour spread.
    Then reintroduce 500 2T with 6 gears free tyres and electronics so at least us closed minded bigots could get boners over the sound.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Think it was Clifford who suggested, hold on, maybe it was Webb, 4 gears. That would limit power and favour spread.
    Then reintroduce 500 2T with 6 gears free tyres and electronics so at least us closed minded bigots could get boners over the sound.
    500cc 2t you say? Why stop at 500cc, I want full prototype 1000cc 2t GP bikes, might need to strap the riders to them and fit wheelie bars though

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    once again I have no fucking idea who's going to win this weekend.
    I'm with Autech....
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Spencer .

Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I'm with Autech....
    I'd say the last bloke to win it has a decent chance. But I have no idea what Marquez might do.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ,,,no one has any idea of what could happen...all conjecture and wishes!..the tyres and the mindset will prevail...nothing else will prevail...broken engines and brakes make plans alter radically too...looking forward to more surprises...or not...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Lets all agree that the winner on the day will be racing...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I think we got the answer we all expected on his final lap in FP2. Then he says the front end is still a problem!

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I think we got the answer we all expected on his final lap in FP2. Then he says the front end is still a problem!

Yes that was spectacular alright, lets see if his arm can last the weekend - hope so

Thread Information