Thread: Opting Out

Bike
    2009 Suzuki Bergman AN650 Exec

Opting Out

Hi team. Newbie rider here (even if it is just a Bergman Scooter lol). Not sure if this has been posted but did you know you can 'opt out' of having your ownership details shared by NZTA. So the likes of private car park operators like Wilsons etc can access who owns your vehicle? The upside is they cant fine you for breaching car park rules (not that thats an issue for most bikers). They might put a ticket on your windscreen but when they try and look up who owns the vehicle they cant access that info and because of this they cant fine you becasue they have no idea who they suppossedly contracted with. Have done it for all the vehilces I own and never got a ticket. Unfortunately the police can still access it but third parties cant. To opt out go here https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transa...foAccess/entry

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Somehow I think that’s just fast tracking an eventual date with a tow truck...
    Your entering a private premises with pretty clear preconditions to that entry...
    After a couple “unpaid fines” I’d expect they’d trespass you from all facilities...
    Keep us updated how it all pans out though...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information