Thread: Noisy tyres- Adventure type

Bike
    Several old ones

Noisy tyres- Adventure type

Just reading up on why certain tyres on some of my bikes are so noisy? Seems alot of other riders have the same problem with adventure type tyres on tarsealed roads

I have a Continental TKC70 on the front of my BMW. I find it a very noisy tyre, sound like severe case of a bad wheel bearing until I ride over some of NZTA slick smooth bleeded tar, then it goes silent. I have previously run Anakee 2's and have not had this noise problem.

I also have another bike that has Michelin Anakee III tyres, these are not so noisy except they give a high pitched whine at certain speeds around 100km/hr
    searched the net and many people have suffered the same issue, some even changing these tyres as the noise got to them so much.

Both the above tyres have performed well, for grip and longevity, but the noise gets to me a bit even with my expensive earplugs in.

Just wondering who else has this problem?

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Anybody who drives a 4x4 with off-road or mud terrain tyres knows this. It comes from the gaps in tread pattern. Some tyre manufacturers make the tread pattern a bit random (but in a scientific way) to reduce the hum/road noise.

Sealing surface used in NZ accentuates the noise as well.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    yep even fairly mild all terrains are much noiser on the 4wd than the highway tyres it came on

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO
    When you drive a digger or large mower for work, the noise of Adv tyres is mildly amusing in comparison.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Wait until you ride on chip seal on knobblies and the bike moves around so much you could swear you have a flat.

If you think the TKC70 is noisy, you've got a surprise coming when you run the Anakee Wild etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Several old ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Wait until you ride on chip seal on knobblies and the bike moves around so much you could swear you have a flat.

If you think the TKC70 is noisy, you've got a surprise coming when you run the Anakee Wild etc

Anakee Wilds. I will give them a miss.

Thread Information