Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Give Kevin a call. Harder to ignore than an email
    +64 21 246 6979
    I reached out to Linda this time and got a response. They don't have any stock and don't know when new stock will be arriving.

I like the sound of their products the best so far.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Heard an ad on the radio yesterday that referred to a shortage of new motorcycles for sale in NZ. Guess that includes electric ones too.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    I reached out to Linda this time and got a response. They don't have any stock and don't know when new stock will be arriving.

Surely that is enought to put you off buying one of that particular brand? None in stock. No idea if there is going to be future stock. What would happen in a warranty situation? My bro in law works at a dealership that sells those super soco. He reckons they are crap, his opinion, but they don't have a demo I can test ride either!
    It is a bit of a catch 22 in that if we don't buy the current models, the effort put into improving the future models gets pushed further back into the background.
    I would be interested in a bike that would be great fun for 300km. Currently nothing comes remotely close to that. The Livewire would defo be fun by the sounds but at "fun" levels you would be lucky to get 70km. And you are paying 2x superbike price for that.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Mmm - That's a real shame. There's definitely a chicken-and-egg situation here isn't there? In terms of not having affordable Electric bikes to try and therefore the word not spreading far and wide enough.

I can't wait until an electric bike is affordable (Sub $25k) and gives you a reasonable range at open road speeds (200+KM I'm thinking). Here's hoping.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Heard an ad on the radio yesterday that referred to a shortage of new motorcycles for sale in NZ. Guess that includes electric ones too.
    real estate, car dealers, motorcycle dealers, boat dealers are all flat out and making money like bandits. Lot of cashed up people around it seems. Lot of people who would have had overseas holidays or whatever going "fuck it" and spending the money on other toys.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    real estate, car dealers, motorcycle dealers, boat dealers are all flat out and making money like bandits. Lot of cashed up people around it seems. Lot of people who would have had overseas holidays or whatever going "fuck it" and spending the money on other toys.
    The major walks in the country seem to be fully booked, the Chatham Islands and Stewart Island have more business than they can handle, I guess that's the nearest people can get to an overseas holiday.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Well timed thread. I think I got passed by a SurRon today. (I was going slow delivering mail). I thought it must have been a battery assisted push bike but apparently not!
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Na, riding an electric bike? You might as well handout passports to your arse.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    It has a belt drive (from what I can see in the picture). Makes no sense for an electric motorbike. It's like they tried to do a cheap conversion.
    I'm curious why a belt drive is not a good choice from your perspective. I've had belt drives on 4 out of my last 6 bikes and they are easy to maintain, replace, and don't need oil etc. I demo'd a LiveWire last year in the US, 5 rides in an afternoon (as the HD traditionalists were not keen :-) ) and found it quiet, smooth, very fast and with the best lean angle ever.

Bike
    XJR
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    https://www.evokemotorcycles.co.nz/urban-classic

There's a few commuter types around. As long as range isn't your thing, there are options.
    Very interested in these, I've sat on one at last year's EV show. As mentioned above, there doesn't seem to be any examples available for a test ride yet. Wonder what the rego costs will be?
    Religion is not the opium of people. Opium is

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    It has a belt drive (from what I can see in the picture). Makes no sense for an electric motorbike. It's like they tried to do a cheap conversion.
    Cynical me, I know, but I suspect their engineers know what they are doing.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Cynical me, I know, but I suspect their engineers know what they are doing.
    How dare you think, even for a moment, that engineers who designed the product spending millions of dollars on R&D may perhaps know more than the consumers who have never even ridden it.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I wuz talking about electric bikes with a mate recently and he mentioned that a lot have belt drive.

We pondered a bit and one of the reasons we pondered was noise. Chains are really noisy on an electric bike.

Could be frictional losses or weight.

Dunno.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I wuz talking about electric bikes with a mate recently and he mentioned that a lot have belt drive.

We pondered a bit and one of the reasons we pondered was noise. Chains are really noisy on an electric bike.

Could be frictional losses or weight.

Dunno.
    Weight savings as well probably. Less maintenance.

Thread Information