Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Electric Road Bike

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    I meant which electric bike
    The one with a range of at least 100 km's to be safe ... or one with a very long extension cord ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    IF you want to sit on top of a microwave oven frying your inside organs on your electric bike go for it .I work on HT power lines .Google it .EMF is a killer .

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by 240 View Post
    IF you want to sit on top of a microwave oven frying your inside organs on your electric bike go for it .I work on HT power lines .Google it .EMF is a killer .
    Google EMF shielding.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The OP is a tad ahead of the curve, electric two wheelers are still coming aren't they

Surprised nobody has offered counselling for OP wanting to have an electric two wheeler
    Looking at price, and faaaark it's hideous. I think Henry needs the counselling for suggesting that
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Fair call mate but shielding is extremely unreliable and is like putting a filter on cigarette.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I wrap tinfoil around my nuts when using this computer....

Mobile farraday cage......Hmmmmm

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by 240 View Post
    Fair call mate but shielding is extremely unreliable and is like putting a filter on cigarette.
    In all fairness, everything around us is dangerous to life. UV from sun can cause cancer, do we turn the sun off? We take practical precautions and enjoy life instead. Same thing goes for EMF, unless you don't even use microwave oven.

A wise man once said 'life is a sexually transmitted disease with 100% fatality rate' enjoy it while you can.

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    In all fairness, everything around us is dangerous to life. UV from sun can cause cancer, do we turn the sun off? We take practical precautions and enjoy life instead. Same thing goes for EMF, unless you don't even use microwave oven.

A wise man once said 'life is a sexually transmitted disease with 100% fatality rate' enjoy it while you can.
    Ha! Fair call mate 👏

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    After this video John does an excellent 4 part series titled Tesla fan boys destroyed...

Be careful of what you invest in during these times of change. I agree with him on round town driving aspect....

https://www.youtube/rmJAeKLVVTY
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke
    Quick update on the NZ EV scene for anyone passing through.

A few have mentioned Evoke here. When available, they retail for about $15k.
    Currently Evoke don't seem to be shipping bikes. I've had one on order for a while now.

I rode a HD Livewire recently, liked it (and I'm not a HD fan). If I had the money (~$50k), I'd probably buy it as it's by far the best performing electric bike sold through dealers in NZ.

Zero still isn't represented in NZ or Aus, but Jef can arrange private imports.
    Used, they're around $18k upwards depending on age etc.

Energica is Italian, well built, fast (about 2.6 sec to 100 kph) and pricey, but not as pricey as Livewire. Private import will set you back about $30-$40k. There's a couple in NZ, (an Ego and an Evo). Either one could be bought for about $35k.

In the sub $10k price range are old Zero's (a couple have changed hands for about $8k here) and new stuff like SurRon or Ubco (2WD farm bike).

To those who are bagging electric bikes, go ride one (HD will give Livewire test rides to anyone with a pulse and a 6F). Remember, an electric bike probably won't be your only bike (hands up who owns more than one bike). It doesn't have to be an exciting ride and have a 400km range, to tick those two boxes I have a Honda and a Ducati.

I've ridden every brand of electric bike mentioned in this post, each bike is different, some are exciting, some are plodders, some are cheap, some are pricey, just like your petrol bikes.

Thread Information