Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Have a great Christmas everyone.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,288

    Have a great Christmas everyone.

    Enjoy your time with freinds/family, strangers and loved ones over the Christmas period whether you are of Christian faith or otherwise. And do take it easy out there on the roads and remember you don't have to stay on the main arteries to have fun on a motorcycle .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    7,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Enjoy your time with freinds/family, strangers and loved ones over the Christmas period whether you are of Christian faith or otherwise. And do take it easy out there on the roads and remember you don't have to stay on the main arteries to have fun on a motorcycle .
    christmas is simply a day to get ready for the cemetery circuit

  3. #3
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    christmas is simply a day to get ready for the cemetery circuit
    Thank fuck FJRider doesn't like North Island roads

    Do you have a recharging facility set up for pritchs mobility scooter mate? The 170kph run from New Plymouth is going to suck up a lot of juice...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,616
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Thank fuck FJRider doesn't like North Island roads


    It's not that I don't like the northern island's roads (been there/done that ... and there some good ones there) ... but the southern island has more (and better) motorcycling roads ... and all without the need for a ferry ticket.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    24th November 2015 - 11:20
    Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Location
    Blenheim and Welly
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Enjoy your time with freinds/family, strangers and loved ones over the Christmas period whether you are of Christian faith or otherwise. And do take it easy out there on the roads and remember you don't have to stay on the main arteries to have fun on a motorcycle .
    And to you too Sir! Just had an enjoyable pootle on my H-D away from the main roads down here near Blenheim. The NZTA's new soporific speed limits on SH6 between Blenheim and Nelson are now in force so even more of a reason to seek out the side roads.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's not that I don't like the northern island's roads (been there/done that ... and there some good ones there) ... but the southern island has more (and better) motorcycling roads ... and all without the need for a ferry ticket.
    A lot of roads have improved immensely since you were driving around here in greens in a 5 ton Bedford dude.

    Just saying...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,304
    Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you too Bonez
    Cheers

    Merv

  8. #8
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    And to you too Sir! Just had an enjoyable pootle on my H-D away from the main roads down here near Blenheim. The NZTA's new soporific speed limits on SH6 between Blenheim and Nelson are now in force so even more of a reason to seek out the side roads.
    I often wonder where the so called "Adventure" bike riders are. On my back road toodles I often see a lone spot bike rider, tourer or a pair of trimmed up v-twins with Ape hangers with at least one wearing a kraut lid. All friendly and wave as they go past. Most of the "Adventure" bike ridersI see seem to be parked up at cafes on city main streets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    9,303
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's not that I don't like the northern island's roads (been there/done that ... and there some good ones there) ... but the southern island has more (and better) motorcycling roads ... and all without the need for a ferry ticket.
    You must have missed the best NI roads. We have less tourists and inbred yokels using the wrong side of the road. Well, some areas like the Manawatu still have more than their share of P users and inbreds but...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  10. #10
    Join Date
    16th December 2006 - 11:22
    Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Location
    In the hedge
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Enjoy your time with freinds/family, strangers and loved ones over the Christmas period whether you are of Christian faith or otherwise. And do take it easy out there on the roads and remember you don't have to stay on the main arteries to have fun on a motorcycle .
    Cheers and the same to you.

    I hope to take advantage of the roads being quiet tomorrow morning to go for a decent ride.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,616
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You must have missed the best NI roads. We have less tourists and inbred yokels using the wrong side of the road. Well, some areas like the Manawatu still have more than their share of P users and inbreds but...
    I didn't miss the best roads. I just missed a few that weren't sealed. The 650 Benelli I did more than a few roads on ... handled them OK. The Gentle Annie and the Lake Waikerimoana roads were two of many. The GS1000 did the rest. P wasn't invented then. Sheep trucks were though ...

    I was based in most of the North Island Army camps at some time ... and a few Air Force one's too.

    Even nowadays ... there are still plenty of primo roads here on the Mainland. Tourist travelers are a bit scarce at the moment. The local idiots are worse. And the sheep trucks are bigger now.

    I went up for the 21st Cold Kiwi. Never been back ... on a bike.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,616
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    A lot of roads have improved immensely since you were driving around here in greens in a 5 ton Bedford dude.

    Just saying...
    They'd fucking need to be.

    Wide and sealed for soft cocks that can't handle the rough ones.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    They'd fucking need to be.

    Wide and sealed for soft cocks that can't handle the rough ones.
    Like all the South Island ones lol.

    No narrow twisty back country roads you angry little man.

    PLEASE PLEASE stay down there man we don't want you here anyway lol. Bought any discounted good quality gloves lately?

    Just saying....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,111
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    christmas is simply a day to get ready for the cemetery circuit
    That's not quite true.

    There is bacon to be consumed.

    But yes I need to pack. Need to fit comfortable sneakers as we do some distance on boxing day and back to the motel. Is wibbly line.

    Probably 33rd year in a row. 35 total which isn't bad for a Wellington lad. Plus a couple of years on the telly when I didn't have a rider.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,616
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post

    No narrow twisty back country roads you angry little man.



    Just saying....
    You just keep on believing that.

    Just saying ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •