Thread: Amal jet crossover

Bike
    Old Bikes

Amal jet crossover

Anyone able to confirm that a main jet for a Concentric will also fit a Monobloc? I think they do crossover but don’t have enough info in my manuals to say either way.

Also, is the needle jet and needle for a a 375 Monobloc the same as a 376?

Asking because I can find 376 carb needles and needle jets and Concentric main jets in my size online in NZ but not 375. The diiference is in the throat size I think but possibly the needles and needle jets are the same. Not sure about the mains.

Asking for an old BSA, and need a Monobloc 140 main, .1055 needle and needle jet.
    Ginge

Bike
    Exercycle
    Mains will interchange. Can't help with the needles.

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Thanks Grumph. That helps.
    Ginge

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Just dont fuck around with rebuilding old ones unless you are a feckin genius machinist... A new 'premium' version is 100 times better that the original

Oh - and I have a lot of old amal stuff so tomorrow I will go look for a 140 if you can confirm that your a masochist

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Cheers Paul.

I looked at Premier and Concentric options. The Monobloc is ok, and does most things well. It’s for a C11 so it’ll do.

If it was a 650 it would have a Premier on it by now.

See what you can dig up. I’ll fax you a beer or something.
    Ginge

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    Cheers Paul.

I looked at Premier and Concentric options. The Monobloc is ok, and does most things well. It’s for a C11 so it’ll do.

If it was a 650 it would have a Premier on it by now.

See what you can dig up. I’ll fax you a beer or something.
    Cool - I had a quick look and most easy accessible stuff is for bigger twins... I will look some more (deeper) when I have a few moments

Bike
    Old Bikes
    I will look some more (deeper) when I have a few moments
    Thanks. No rush. 140 main and a .1055 needle and needle jet. Or confirmation that the needle and needle jet for 375/376 are different or the same. Either way.
    Ginge

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Hi - I had a look but anything that smalls long gone... I had a big bucket of old Monoblock stuff but mostly for larger twins etc

British Spares list some stuff but the part numbers between 375/376 a different so its unclear..

https://www.britishspares.com/ (type 375 into the search box) or call them - they are pretty knowledgeable about odd stuff

However I would go to the supplier

https://burlen.co.uk/ - They remake the carbs new and have been very good with technical stuff in the past and well worth asking.

The other place is Surrey Cycles in the UK or the BSA owners club (which is very good and active)

C11's seem to be making a comeback - I was never a fanboy though but good luck with yours

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Awesome. Thanks for making the effort.

I’m not a C11 fan either but it’s sort of a family bike so has some sentiment.

I think the comeback is from older riders with dicky knees that can no longer kick over a big single or twin. Seems to be a theme across the old bike world.
    Ginge

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for making the effort.

I’m not a C11 fan either but it’s sort of a family bike so has some sentiment.

I think the comeback is from older riders with dicky knees that can no longer kick over a big single or twin. Seems to be a theme across the old bike world.
    Indeed it is.... I'm fast approaching that day as well LOL

Thread Information