Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nzsbk 2021

Bike
    less than I used to have

Nzsbk 2021

Just watching the opening round at Ruapuna on CTAS.

Cant get out there today but I'm looking forward to some good racing.

Lots of young talent coming through the ranks.

CTAS coverage goes from good to gooder every year.

Big thumbs up to CTAS

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    My only complaint with todays coverage was my own internet cutting out occaisionally (my fault, nobody elses!)

a heap of really good racing, plenty of action and passing, and the camera work and commentary were on point - couldnt ask for more!.
    Hoping Hoogenboezem (Sp?) and Dibben get their machines sorted, and are back at it again tomorrow - both were providing some great entertainment until they had their respective issues.

Sounds like some lap records will tumble tomorrow, if I heard right, it sounds like Al broke the record in practice / qual (but not official, unless he does it during a race if I understand correctly?)

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...as usual I got sidetracked a lot and missed a bit...gotta get other shit done too...

...saw some good racing though...Avalon and Rogan's dice for second was real good to watch, big gap from them two to Dale up front...wow

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...well that was an exciting and drama filled weekend of racing...lap records blown and blown again...young stars in the making...offs and dnf's ...it bodes well for a very competitive series...

I'm off to Levels next weekend

Bike
    husaberg

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    My only complaint with todays coverage was my own internet cutting out occaisionally (my fault, nobody elses!)

a heap of really good racing, plenty of action and passing, and the camera work and commentary were on point - couldnt ask for more!.
    Hoping Hoogenboezem (Sp?) and Dibben get their machines sorted, and are back at it again tomorrow - both were providing some great entertainment until they had their respective issues.

Sounds like some lap records will tumble tomorrow, if I heard right, it sounds like Al broke the record in practice / qual (but not official, unless he does it during a race if I understand correctly?)
    Hoogie spelling right, lap records only set in racing, good weekend, just got home after missing yesterdays flight, three days till head off for levels, can't wait

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Another beaut day to watch some bike racing. good close racing, and a touch of paint swapping, and a couple of big moments from what I was watching.

Bravo to those putting it all out there this weekend, thats some world class entertainment.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...just got back from three days of R&R at one of the best tracks for racing on and kicking back and watching on...

...yes, plenty of hot competition going on in all classes...gotta feel sorry for the sidecar people that were all from the other island, coming all this way to be short changed for the second weekend on the trot...yeah, there was a long wait for a helicopter and yeah, that's racing, but I wouldn't blame them if they, and to some they are as big an attraction, said get fucked to the Sth Island rounds in the future...that would be sad...

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...just got back from three days of R&R at one of the best tracks for racing on and kicking back and watching on...

...yes, plenty of hot competition going on in all classes...gotta feel sorry for the sidecar people that were all from the other island, coming all this way to be short changed for the second weekend on the trot...yeah, there was a long wait for a helicopter and yeah, that's racing, but I wouldn't blame them if they, and to some they are as big an attraction, said get fucked to the Sth Island rounds in the future...that would be sad...
    My daughter Jo was racing with Tracey on the Carl Cox Motorsport F2 outfit and is pretty disappointed they got a no go at both meetings, as are all the rest of the sidecar crews. Nine out of ten sidecars came from the North Island. All the way to the South Island for 4 races!!
    What adds insult is that the TV coverage at Ruapuna stated the meeting was cut short by oil on the track from a sidecar. The crew concerned (who are relatively new to the sport) had had put a cover between the front of the engine and the headers to try and alleviate what had happened at Manfeild a few weeks earlier where another engine had the same thing happen and had caught fire when oil had ignited on the pipes. There was VERY little oil on the track at Ruapuna and they had got straight off the race line. The fact that the organisers were running 90 minutes behind schedule and the meeting was going to be cut short anyway wasn't even mentioned
    Lessons have to be learnt from this surely. I've been racing sidecars for 33 years now and it seems to me we nearly always get the short end of the stick.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Nine out of ten sidecars came from the North Island.
    It was very poorly supported by the local teams, there were several reasons for that but at the end of the day it is their local rounds
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    There was VERY little oil on the track at Ruapuna and they had got straight off the race line. The fact that the organisers were running 90 minutes behind schedule and the meeting was going to be cut short anyway wasn't even mentioned
    The spill was cleaned up within 10 minutes but the ambulance would have had to leave the track before the race was finished as it was only booked until 5.45
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Nowt any more
    NZSBK riders now permitted to compete at Northern Classic meeting at Hampton Downs.
    This is within the curfew period restricting NZSBK riders from riding at an NZSBK circuit within 10 (I think it is) days prior to an NZSBK event.
    IMO this is wrong and makes a mockery of the new rule and is absolutely not different to any rider hopping on any bike at anytime at an NZSBK circuit for a bit of pre event practice. Track time is track time, regardless of the bike one is riding.
    The rule was instigated to level the playing field a bit and help reduce costs.
    Comments?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    So I'm presuming this weekend at HD is off? Can't find any info! FB and NZSBK website don't say anything!!
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by manxkiwi View Post
    So I'm presuming this weekend at HD is off? Can't find any info! FB and NZSBK website don't say anything!!
    Not happening. Most of the marshals are from Dorkland so not possible under level 3.

Postponed till a later date...which will be confirmed....sometime.

Thread Information