Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    President Biden spent the entire campaign last year running on a platform to shut down the novel coronavirus, only to back away from the signature pledge on day 3 of his White House tenure with.... wait for it... “There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic."
    You need to stop watching Hannity. There might be a hitch in Biden’s plan because there’s tens of millions of vaccine doses missing. Have the Trump crime family sold the vaccines to Russia or the Saudis?

Biden will have competent people on the job but the US will always be difficult because many people don’t have sick leave and can’t afford a doctor. Then there’s the fuckwits that think masks and isolation are for other people.

At least somebody is doing something. Trump did nothing. Well nothing sensible.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You need to stop watching Hannity. There might be a hitch in Biden’s plan because there’s tens of millions of vaccine doses missing. Have the Trump crime family sold the vaccines to Russia or the Saudis?

Biden will have competent people on the job but the US will always be difficult because many people don’t have sick leave and can’t afford a doctor. Then there’s the fuckwits that think masks and isolation are for other people.

He also arrived in power to find Trump's administration you know the one that has been in power for the last 5 years has not got any delivery system in place.
    Trump team also had never confirmed the second round of doses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

A 1/3 of Americans apparently dont have sick leave in thier contracts because its America, land of the free to screw the poor people. These people are largely minimal wage, the sort that serve food etc. And if they are sick, they drag thier arse out of bed unless they physically can't so they can make rent.
    And infect everyone else they come in contact with.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    A 1/3 of Americans apparently dont have sick leave in thier contracts because its America, land of the free to screw the poor people. These people are largely minimal wage, the sort that serve food etc. And if they are sick, they drag thier arse out of bed unless they physically can't so they can make rent. And infect everyone else they come in contact with.
    Exactly. There was a recent report that Johns Hopkins University and another institution had rated countries according to their perceived ability to cope with a pandemic. Australia and NZ were not rated highly, Britain and the US were very highly rated.

OK, nobody knew Britain was going to have Boris for PM and an utterly clueless government when a pandemic struck, but the things you mention made me think from the beginning that the US was always going to have a problem. Maybe the professors need to get out and talk to people?

As further evidence of how backward the US is, in California there is currently a move to introduce bereavement leave. The Republicans in Congress are fighting moves to raise the minimum wage to $15.00. Annual leave? Sick leave? Maternity leave? Forgetaboutit.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Except that Biden isn’t just overturning things out of sheer vindictiveness and spite, unlike his predecessor
    I think you'll find that is exactly what is being done.

They are trying to erase everthing that is tangentially connected to Trump.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    As further evidence of how backward the US is, in California there is currently a move to introduce bereavement leave. The Republicans in Congress are fighting moves to raise the minimum wage to $15.00. Annual leave? Sick leave? Maternity leave? Forgetaboutit.
    Hey Guys! You know how the Economy is struggling and many businesses are worried about going under?

I've got this great idea: Why don't we increase the costs of compliance whilst they are potentially going to be going Bankrupt! That'll boost the economy for sure!

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I think you'll find that is exactly what is being done.

They are trying to erase everthing that is tangentially connected to Trump.

Repairing things that have been deliberately broken is not vindictiveness
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Repairing things that have been deliberately broken is not vindictiveness
    That depends on what you see as the repaired state and the broken state.

cutting 70,000 jobs for example would seem to me to be both deliberately breaking something and an act of Vindictiveness.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It should be abundantly clear the Trump cares for no one except himself. Common people were just pawns to him if they live or died. Only useful if they voted for him or bought his merchandise (as they could never afford his golf clubs and hotels.)
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    It should be abundantly clear the Trump cares for no one except himself. Common people were just pawns to him if they live or died. Only useful if they voted for him or bought his merchandise (as they could never afford his golf clubs and hotels.)
    Except, y'know, The best economy since the post-war boom, Lowest unemployment, Tax Cuts the benefitted the low and middle classes and of course - trying to stop Illegal immigration which is a major factor in wage stagnation for low-skilled workers...

I think the best retort, however was this:

"People build walls to protect what is important to them.

Trump wanted to build a wall around America.
    Biden builds a wall around the Government"

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Biden is soooo popular already that Instagram is forcing its members to follow the White House account.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/polit...ite-house.html

In other Best President Evah and Just Right for the Job news...

Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”
    Wow, stinging racial burns right there, kill the guy with compliments - crafty! Mind you, Obama got him back good by promoting Biden to VP.

"People build walls to protect what is important to them.
    Walls are overrated.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Walls are overrated.
    Given the number of people behind the wall vs the few that have managed to scale it, I'd say the Wall is fulfilling it's role perfectly.

But isn't it funny that Walls which are so overrated, were erected around the capital...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Given the number of people behind the wall vs the few that have managed to scale it, I'd say the Wall is fulfilling it's role perfectly.

But isn't it funny that Walls which are so overrated, were erected around the capital...
    Go over them, under them, or in the case of the new border wall, through it with a $100 saw Largely symbolic perhaps?
    Wonder what your reply would of been had it been BLM supporters climbing it

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Go over them, under them, or in the case of the new border wall, through it with a $100 saw Largely symbolic perhaps?
    Wonder what your reply would of been had it been BLM supporters climbing it
    Well, they'd have burned it down before going over the ashes...

However BLM/ANTIFA have had quite the recent history of Violence and Murder (27 people murdered thanks to the Riots over a violent Thug ODing on illegal drugs) - so yeah, I'd judge it more harshly.

If the 'Right Wing' continues to Riot and get people killed and destroy private property, then maybe my tune will change.

Thread Information