Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    theyre already wearing the night vision goggles and driving the humvees around town
    Probably think the night vision goggles will let them see whats under burqas
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    No it's entirely apt. He just cut and ran. That's what you're trying to say he wouldn't have done in Afghanistan but you're completely ignoring his previous performance.
    If Trump Cut and Ran - as you claim, then Biden not only Cut and Ran, but also handed them an early christmas present.

It was always going to be a huge international embarrasment, similar to the fall of Saigon. Biden started slow but he finished strong. Trump has never really exhibited much in the way of even marginal competence. In the words of his first Secretary of State, "He's a fucking moron."
    I mean, when the opposition is making the Sleepy Joe jokes...

I agree that any withdrawal would be an embarrassment, However an orderly withdrawal, properly managed would have gone a long way.

Like telling the UK it's happening (as an example).

Again, you have no concept of how much equipment was there.
    Considering that you've quoted the amount of equipment, that I posted initially - Au Contraire. But again, the point here is that you pull the Equipment out second to last. If it takes time, you negotiate for Time (which considering Biden changed the date to be for the September 11th anniversay shows it's possible...)

To accentuate something somebody did in a bad way he'd say they did it like a dog. This was not uncommon but the only conveniently available verified one is his pathetic speech about the death of Baghdadi.
    So?

What is your point - if I call something a Dogs Breakfast, doesn't mean I hate Dogs.

I suspect that what happened to the dogs might not be uncommon. I'd be interested to know if the Brits took their dogs home.

That's just laughable.
    Go to any Conservative Forum or Republican forum and you will find quotes like this:

"I'd gladly accept 100 afghans who risked their lives for the US rather than 1 illegal immigrant" or similar.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    If Trump Cut and Ran - as you claim, then Biden not only Cut and Ran, but also handed them an early christmas present.
    I am finding it somewhat difficult to picture a Christmas tree in the main square of Kabul this year.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    So much for one KB members bold claim of "8th largest army".
    Some facts rather than right wing loony talking points.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...M10RUOvAOyJeWC

Highlights below for those too busy to read whole article.

Commonly bandied about is the particularly inaccurate sum of over $80 billion in U.S. weapons now said to be in the Taliban’s hands. Former President Donald Trump claimed in a speech last month that the U.S. had “left $83 billion worth of equipment behind,” while an infographic produced by the British newspapers The Times and The Sunday Times illustrating this total has been making the rounds. Retweeted by the likes of Donald Trump Jr., the tally reports that the Taliban captured 22,000 Humvees and 174 aircraft.

Unfortunately, some of these numbers are wildly off the mark and misrepresent the nature of the threat. These figures mistakenly count every dollar of U.S. military aid over its 20-year war as having gone to equipment and every piece of equipment transferred to the Afghan military during that time as being in the hands of the Taliban and functional today.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    So much for one KB members bold claim of "8th largest army".
    Some facts rather than right wing loony talking points.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...M10RUOvAOyJeWC

Highlights below for those too busy to read whole article.

Commonly bandied about is the particularly inaccurate sum of over $80 billion in U.S. weapons now said to be in the Taliban’s hands. Former President Donald Trump claimed in a speech last month that the U.S. had “left $83 billion worth of equipment behind,” while an infographic produced by the British newspapers The Times and The Sunday Times illustrating this total has been making the rounds. Retweeted by the likes of Donald Trump Jr., the tally reports that the Taliban captured 22,000 Humvees and 174 aircraft.

Unfortunately, some of these numbers are wildly off the mark and misrepresent the nature of the threat. These figures mistakenly count every dollar of U.S. military aid over its 20-year war as having gone to equipment and every piece of equipment transferred to the Afghan military during that time as being in the hands of the Taliban and functional today.
    This Photo caught my eye the other day

It was claimed to be part of the equipment us forces left behind
    only thing is its part of the Afghanistan airforce.
    It was also funded by NATO
    https://www.airforce-technology.com/...han-air-force/
    its basically a modern spad only not as cool or HD

The Afghan air force operated 23 A-29 attack planes, four C-130 cargo planes and a total of 33 militarized versions of the Cessna Caravan, some of which were configured for a light attack mission, according to the special inspector report.

It also flew about 150 helicopters, which included the American-made UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopter and armed MD-530s, as well as the Soviet Mi-17, which the Afghan air force was in the process of retiring.
    So is its not US its not funded by the US aid but belongs to the Afganis anyway.
    It was also rendered inoperable before US forces left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    R650R, may I quote TFG? "Tim Apple."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    We all agree hes a bit of a slug.

But using the oft employed whataboutism Trumpists were so keen on; at least he isn't an incompetent moron like that orange peice of complete shit before him.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

But using the oft employed whataboutism Trumpists were so keen on; at least he isn't an incompetent moron like that orange peice of complete shit before him.
    I recall the Trump White House went 300+ days without a press briefing.....
    Even when they finally did have one have one they refused to answer questions from all but friendly journalists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

Ah yes, because the biggest Military embarrassment since the fall of Saigon and the Border crisis and the Energy Crisis - those all happened under Tru...

Oh wait, no - that's right, they happened less than a year into the Biden administration.

If Trump is an incompetent Moron, then so far, it's making Biden look denser than a plank of wood.

I'm just waiting for the Democrats to start (or cause) another foreign War - that will be the ultimate 'Told you so'
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so Trump being a 10 at being a shitty president, I would say Biden is coming in at a solid 8, maybe 8.5.
    I figured he was not going to be anything great, but he is actually doing really, really bad. You ain't got time for holidays Joe.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/10/23/p...rom%20%251%24s

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=sugilite;1131192234]Ok, so Trump being a 10 at being a shitty president, I would say Biden is coming in at a solid 8, maybe 8.5.
    I figured he was not going to be anything great, but he is actually doing really, really bad. You ain't got time for holidays Joe.

I'm a bit startled to see Biden's time off exceeds Trump's. Trump was a time-off champ and that record is not a great one to break. Biden's legislative programme is a lot more liberal than was thought possible for a "corporate Democrat" and it would benefit millions of Americans. Most of it is supported by a majority of the population but two recalcitrant Democrat senators are blocking it.

The Republican party is still largely influenced by Trump so normal political processes are suspended, they are basically 100% opposed to anything. The biggest threat to the US currently is the legislation being introduced to restrict voting rights and alter voting procedures in Republican controlled states. The new laws make it possible for the state legislatures to change the result of an election. So far it seems Biden remains unconcerned about any of this. Time is running out and he's apparently not even listening.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    America No1, love you long time!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information