Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Oh dear. You do not like it when your idol has feet of perverted clay - or should that be perverted feet of clay? Whatever, pritchie.

And what is it about your sort and medications, anyway? Us normies get by very well in reality, and we function unsupported by chemical crutches and we earn our living and we support our families without having to be medicated to be able to collect benefits paid for by productive workers, unlike y'all couch-sitting Labour-voting tax-sucking ferals. I suppose though I should feel sorry for you, as you lack any sense of self-worth. But - nah, I don't.
    Thanks for the red rep. Your views are currently far from normal, reality seems to consistently elude your grasp. Seriously, you appear to be becoming more unhinged, if you are not on medication perhaps you should be?

Your pen portrait above is correct as far as the couch sitting goes. I'll plead guilty to spending excessive time on my arse. The balance of it though is about as accurate as the rest of the nonsense you post.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...Politics 101...

...i'm not sure that most people are up with the rules...

...nothing is new, nothing is sancrosanct and there are no rules...mainstream ideals are just numbers and the bought media are not just pawns in the game, they have almost attained bishopric status...

...should be looking at what the fucks in power here, have in store for you... hope like fuck you all have pointy sticks sharpened and ready...
    There's a swamp or two that still need to be drained, and there's nothing happening here. All of the ideals on offer are designed to be well within publicly acceptable limits still. The U.S. swamp has been getting a little bit of light though, and in response many are "waking up" to the potential that the game is slightly more rigged than they know. Not sure WTF it would take to raise the same kind of awareness here.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Time to take your meds and have a lie down sport.
    Fucking brilliant, well thought through and argued position
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Jaoan has had a community based health system since 1927. Nearly one hundred years later the Yanks still got nothin'. They do have about 650,000 medical bankruptcies each year though.....
    Out of a population of 330 million, so about 0.09 percent of the population, which in NZ numbers would be about 4500.... surprise surprise we have similar numbers. No data there’s but I’d hazard a guess that many bankruptcy at personal level would related to a non acc injury or illness that leave some one unable to work and pay mortgage etc....

https://www.insolvency.govt.nz/asset...port-17-18.pdf
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Trump build about five miles of border wall in about four years, a massive fail by any standard. He did build a wall around the White House to protect himself from the American people though.

He might build a wall around Mar A Lardo, except he's supposed to leave there by Tuesday. I haven't seen reports that he removed the heli pad yet either.
    Over 300 miles of proper border wall have been completed. The fake news media however will only credit Trump where there was no existing barrier. Eg contractirs could have built the new spec wall replacing 19 miles of existing barbed wire cattle dance but media would not count that etc....
    I follow a lot of construction channels and there’s plenty of footage showing the truth....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    You mean the USA economy he inherited that has had a steady uphill climb since 2010 through previous administrations ?
    No, I mean the one that massively accelerated under his program of deregulation. Before the Pandemic - the Economy had grown by the same in less than 4 years, than it had under 8 years of Obama.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    No, I mean the one that massively accelerated under his program of deregulation.
    Except it didn't massively accelerate , from mid 2009 right through to late 2019 there was a linear progression, same with the decreases in unemployment
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Looks like it's time to start an ignore list. Or stop reading this thread as Trump was a more interesting president.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Except it didn't massively accelerate , from mid 2009 right through to late 2019 there was a linear progression, same with the decreases in unemployment
    Yes, there was linear progression, and then it doubled.

Doubling (at least for an Economy) is a massive acceleration.

Bike
    I Ride No More

Economic Growth

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Yes, there was linear progression, and then it doubled.

Doubling (at least for an Economy) is a massive acceleration.
    I'd be interested to see the data (and source) that you're referring to. Assume that you're referring to GDP data.

After the downturn in the US real economy (arising from business shutdown due to Covid), a "doubling of economic growth" (in % terms) over a short period might not be as large (significant) as first thought.

It would also be interesting to know what proportion of the US real economy (given how much is service based) actually recovered to its initial position prior to Covid.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    I'd be interested to see the data (and source) that you're referring to. Assume that you're referring to GDP data.

After the downturn in the US real economy (arising from business shutdown due to Covid), a "doubling of economic growth" (in % terms) over a short period might not be as large (significant) as first thought.

It would also be interesting to know what proportion of the US real economy (given how much is service based) actually recovered to its initial position prior to Covid.
    From here

Obama goes from ~10,000 - ~20,000 in 8 years, Trump goes from ~20,000 - ~30,000 in less than 4 - and although there's a big downspike from Covid, it does seem to have bounced back strong.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Thanks.

I thought people were talking about the real economy - and not the US stock market.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Thanks.

I thought people were talking about the real economy - and not the US stock market.
    That's one metric, GDP shows a similar trend that there was steady progress under Obama but under Trump there was a significant increase of Progress. The unemployment rate (before Covid) was also extremely good.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Yeah, Trump's focus on the stock market got him a lot of votes from people who didn't much care what else he did, so long as their 401K pension plan was on the up and up.

Trump didn't know much about economics but he understood that the share market perorming well was good for votes. He has had the US Treasury pumping trillions into the share market to keep it artificially inflated. Some investors will be holding their breath while they wait to see what Biden does. If he stops boosting the market it could crash. If the US stock market crashes ours will likely follow suit. Interesting.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Yeah, Trump's focus on the stock market got him a lot of votes from people who didn't much care what else he did, so long as their 401K pension plan was on the up and up.
    You make it sound like ensuring retirees and Pensioners can live comfortably in their old age is a bad thing. Surely it is better that their 401K does brilliantly so they don't require government assistance?

Trump didn't know much about economics but he understood that the share market perorming well was good for votes. He has had the US Treasury pumping trillions into the share market to keep it artificially inflated. Some investors will be holding their breath while they wait to see what Biden does. If he stops boosting the market it could crash. If the US stock market crashes ours will likely follow suit. Interesting.
    What he did was deregulation and cutting red-tape. The current Left has abandoned it's libertarian ideas and loves centralisation and Bureaucracy. Cutting the cost of Compliance meant that Companies could focus on doing business rather than compliance. This lead to low unemployment, Economic growth etc. etc.

As for Biden - he's already killed 70,000 jobs and the Sword of Damacles is hanging over New Mexico's oil and gas industry. There's been some rather hilarious posts by people who publicly supported Biden and have now found themselves on the chopping block crying 'No one told us he would do this' - and people like me going 'Yeah, we did - you called us names - and now you get what you fucking deserve'

Thread Information