Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1564

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I feel there is also a social element to it. Politicians by nature make the laws telling us what we can do, and often annoyingly - what we cannot do.
    It grates a fair lot of men, perceiving they are getting told what to do by a woman. As mentioned it is just an element, but I do feel in some respects, it can set up turbulent dynamics from the get go.

Jacinda was like most pollies by having her good sides and her flaws. In my opinion we pretty much had the right prime minister at the time of several disasters the country went through throughout her tenure. Since the last election though, she ran out of steam and just phoned it in. Pretty much like near the whole labor government did straight after the last election night. They had a super majority and could of effected real positive change, but chose to just sorta go meeeehhh FFS. But I digress .
    As a pollie, Jacindas flaws were not such that it warranted the seething hate spewed towards her.
    imo - Just the usual scorn reserved for any pollie would have been suffice.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Men can be told what to do by men, and they'll grizzle, but they will (mostly) do as asked. Same men asked by a woman to do the same thing and they (the men) will question the motives, methods, qualifications, reasons, whatever. This is something that is drummed into males from birth - they are the superior species, whereas in truth, other than for a few minutes, men are largely redundant as far as the species goes.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    It's all perspective huh. Like everything in life. I have had been in the position, like all of us, where there have been plenty of females in roles where I've been told what to do, teachers, employers, superiors, and of course my mother. Whether I respected them or not came down to how they treated other people and how competent they were at their role(s). Nothing to do with gender. And I'm most certain I'm not the only guy out there that feels the same way. Of course there are some insecure guys out there that can't handle a woman in a position of power, just like there are some that can't respect other races or sexuality's. But that doesn't mean that anyone who criticises a member of a specific group is therefore anti that entire group.

All I'm saying is people should be allowed to criticise a woman for legitimate reasons (other than for just being a woman without being called misogynistic.

With respect to the hate directed at her, I don't agree with that, but not because she's a woman. Instead because I feel that it does no good for our society as a whole to hate so much.

Bike
    2023 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    We're living on borrowed time (literally), we have been for decades but it's getting harder and harder to ignore, there's no way to fix it, and we're looking for someone to blame. The hatred is born from that insecurity.

Nothing will change with a new government. Except they'll be some new ministers to hate – or not, they'll just keep banging on about Dame Jacinda and probably end up blaming her somehow for the next three or four crises as well.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'd just like to add that there are plenty of Men that I've called Cunts, for the same reason I call Jacinda a Cunt.

It has nothing to do with being a Woman (although - The Labour party doesn't seem too sure on what that is these days...) - it has everything to do with taking away fundamental rights and liberties and making society worse off than it was.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Funny how we never hear the cries of misandry when male politicians have hate and anger directed at them though isn't it...
    The only place I recall coming across the word 'misandry' in print was in one of the books from the Game Of Thrones series.

The word misanthropy rounds out the set. Basically a hatred of mankind.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The only place I recall coming across the word 'misandry' in print was in one of the books from the Game Of Thrones series.

Mmm? Maybe you are thinking of Melisandre - the Red Witch?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Such fun watching the anti-Jacinda misogynists whipping themselves into a lather over this. It must be unbelievably galling for them to watch this person (a woman! - how dare she!) who is so successful, so respected and who will undoubtedly earn more in the next few years than the haters will earn in the rest of their sad lifetime.
    How do you ever know someone’s critique of Jacinda is misogynistic unless the author qualifies it with a phrase like Lange would have done it different or better etc.
    My workplace has quite a few women in positions of power, they are all excellent at their jobs and respected. Their gender is secondary to their work performance.

Btw a few of us here would love to see what qualifies as success. Please feel free to bullet point Jacindas successful accomplishments. Anything covid related is disqualified as pretty much the whole world followed the WHO suggestions.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    We're living on borrowed time (literally), we have been for decades but it's getting harder and harder to ignore, there's no way to fix it, and we're looking for someone to blame. The hatred is born from that insecurity.

Nothing will change with a new government. Except they'll be some new ministers to hate – or not, they'll just keep banging on about Dame Jacinda and probably end up blaming her somehow for the next three or four crises as well.
    Never has there been an easier access to higher education and top quality technology and tools. We are at a time of great opportunity for this growing nation. All that’s lacking is the right leadership to direct the energy of our nation and youth towards an exciting future. I’m not sure whose the best for that but the fruits there for the picking.

Bike
    2023 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Never has there been an easier access to higher education and top quality technology and tools. We are at a time of great opportunity for this growing nation. All that’s lacking is the right leadership to direct the energy of our nation and youth towards an exciting future. I’m not sure whose the best for that but the fruits there for the picking.
    You might like to discuss that with some teachers and tertiary educators.

There are always opportunities for individuals, but as a nation we've not been able to match even our closest neighbour in incomes or living standards for at least 30 years. There's no magic way to fix that, no matter what David Seymour says (and he's not saying anything new).

Our politics is mired in divisions from the past, short of another major crisis you won't get another leader with enough support to make any meaningful changes. Really Jacinda has done bugger all with her mandate, and even that much has given half the population conniptions.

But even so, I hope you're right.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . . .

Ohh, I knew there was something missing in my life. Do they make a T-shirt?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I have that, apparently there is no cure, I think I caught it from working in retail
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Posted here because the greens don’t deserve their own thread and Jacinda was the one guilty of giving them oxygen when not needed to govern.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...come-guarantee

In todays high inflation world $2M in assets would affect many people at retirement age, especially if perhaps they have a financial interest in other property after helping offspring into another expensive Auckland property.
    Anyway 2.5% of 2M is $40,000!!!!, will that be a one off or yearly expectation???? It’s a lot of cash even for the well off to come up with.
    And lower taxes for those under $125k will quite upset those that can only dream of earning above 100k or even half way to that…
    It seems this election cycle parties are going all out to give reasons not to vote for them!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In todays high inflation world $2M in assets would affect many people at retirement age, especially if perhaps they have a financial interest in other property after helping offspring into another expensive Auckland property.
    That sum would need to be adjusted annually. House prices have dropped and are currently continuing to drop, but there were houses here worth 2 million.
    There'd be a lot of them in Auckland.

And lower taxes for those under $125k will quite upset those that can only dream of earning above 100k or even half way to that…
    This I do not understand. Why would lower taxes upset people who get the cuts?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    That sum would need to be adjusted annually. House prices have dropped and are currently continuing to drop, but there were houses here worth 2 million.
    There'd be a lot of them in Auckland.

This I do not understand. Why would lower taxes upset people who get the cuts?
    Because that is equality mentality of the left. A person earning say 50k a year would say it’s unfair a “rich” person (in their eyes) is on same tax rate at 120k.
    It’s the same people who get shitty when someone wins 10million on powerball and say that the prize pool should never get that big it should be shared out every week instead of javkpotting.
    You cannot please some people.
    The left believes in everyone has nothing or everyone has everything there is no middle ground for them.

Thread Information