Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Yeah if you cant trust a winging pom founding member of ACT to be unbiased who can you trust
    looks like she was 100% wrong re covid as well maybe that's because her PHD was only in mathematics

https://www.nzcpr.com/the-lockdown-week-2-concerns/
    https://www.nzcpr.com/alarmism/

bonus
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/sites/de...20disputes.pdf

but what's better than a extreme right wing politician quoting Joesph Goebbels
    https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-opinion/big-lie
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yeah if you cant trust a winging pom founding member of ACT to be unbiased who can you trust
    A decade or two ago ACT used to email a humorous monthly(?) newsletter, it was genuinely funny and I looked forward to each issue. Then somebody decided ACT was a serious political party and a funny newsletter was inappropriate. That was the end of my reading anything from ACT.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Yet another Police officer shot on duty.....

“We don’t need to arm cops”

“We don’t need full time armed response units”

“We need to send less people to jail”

“ we won’t chase drivers that fail to stop”

Nice work Jackie girl.....not
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

Interesting. Our police have been "unarmed" basically since forever, so you are going to blame the current PM? That seems a serious logic fail.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Interesting. Our police have been "unarmed" basically since forever, so you are going to blame the current PM? That seems a serious logic fail.
    Not quite ... they are armed more often than people realize. Single Officer stations are usually some distance away from back-up. And arm themselves (carried on their person or in the boot) as per the threat level at the time. Around Pub closing times ... it might not be a good time to try shit on with them.

In cities ... all bets are off (you guess which one's are carrying [in the cars])... evenings and weekends ... depending on events being held in the various areas ... and crowds numbers expected.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

The Police have always been regarded as one of the "Armed" forces in NZ. But that's supposed to be a secret. So don't tell anybody ...

It's time they changed the rules ... and get tough. Better to shoot first and lock the survivors up. That would sort the men from the boys ... and people might start calling Police SIR ... again.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Not quite ... they are armed more often than people realize. .
    That's why I had the word "unarmed" in quotation marks. I have seen the Police train and it was far from confidence inspiring. Basically the people doing the training just didn't have the relevant knowledge.

I also had a *very* brief look at the Special Tactics Group and that was just head shaking stuff. I'm with former SAS OC Andrew Martin, the Police should not even have a Special tactics Group.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... I also had a *very* brief look at the Special Tactics Group and that was just head shaking stuff. I'm with former SAS OC Andrew Martin, the Poice should not even have a Special tactics Group.
    Perhaps ... let the Police do the traffic stops and the detective stuff ... and let the Army do the "Special" bit ...

I remember seeing video's of Police trying to shoot a dog. They wasted quite a bit of ammo ...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    That's why I had the word "unarmed" in quotation marks. I have seen the Police train and it was far from confidence inspiring. Basically the people doing the training just didn't have the relevant knowledge.

I also had a *very* brief look at the Special Tactics Group and that was just head shaking stuff. I'm with former SAS OC Andrew Martin, the Police should not even have a Special tactics Group.
    Well someone’s got do it and absent a communist dictator ship being in place...., the army ain’t allowed to shoot it’s own civilians.

Yes training is an issue but part of that is the PC woke culture of not being allowed to hurt offenders. They even have restrictions about which parts of the body they are allowed to strike when subduing physical fight.

As the saying goes a fair fight is one you lose...,

Need to copy Aussie strike force raptor tactics
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Well someone’s got do it and absent a communist dictator ship being in place...., the army ain’t allowed to shoot it’s own civilians.
    It is not the preferred political option ... but (as the saying goes) it has "happened" ...

Yes training is an issue but part of that is the PC woke culture of not being allowed to hurt offenders. They even have restrictions about which parts of the body they are allowed to strike when subduing physical fight.
    Army use the term ENEMY. That covers all the necessary bases ...

As the saying goes a fair fight is one you lose...
    First rule of combat ... outnumber the enemy if you can ...

Second rule of combat ... have better weapons ...

Third rule of combat ... if you don't have One and Two ... come late for the event ...

Need to copy Aussie strike force raptor tactics
    Copy an Aussie ... yeah right ... sport ...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Police at the airport are armed (handgun) all the time and probably bigger stuff readily available
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    the army ain’t allowed to shoot it’s own civilians.
    Is that an R650R rule? 'Cause it's definitely not the official version.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Perhaps ... let the Police do the traffic stops and the detective stuff ... and let the Army do the "Special" bit ...
    At the time I saw the Police STG they were relatively new, there had been considerable publicity. Their leader was claiming to have previously served with the SAS. There was a minor scandal when it was found that he had not served in the SAS at all. He was just a wannabe.

That struck me as mildly amusing because I knew of a genuine former SAS trooper in the Police at that time. A very experienced guy. I believe one of his deeds is still commemorated at every 1 RNZIR battalion parade. The police where he was stationed would have received tactically sound firearms instruction. The rest of the counry, not so much.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Just FYI, you really give Jacinda way too much credit sometimes.

National Party police spokesperson, Brett Hudson also agreed that the commissioner made the right choice, saying that firearms were already available to police when needed for public safety.

"Frontline officers have access to firearms in their vehicles, they have the authority and discretion to deploy them as they see necessary," he said.

Hudson said there was clear evidence from the trial that there was no need to expand or make the ARTs permanent.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Just FYI, you really give Jacinda way too much credit sometimes.
    He it seems only posts to troll.

In a Herald survey, 31 per cent of the 2296 respondents supported allowing all police to carry firearms at all times.
    But 65 per cent believed only the armed offenders squad should carry guns, showing strong support for current police practice.
    Only 1.2 per cent of those polled believed police should not be armed in any circumstances, and 3 per cent were unsure.
    Judith Collins said she was not surprised by the high level of support the Herald survey showed for the status quo.
    She expected to receive advice this month on tougher penalties for assaulting and shooting police, but had no plans to allow all officers to carry guns.

https://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deak...search-says-no
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information