Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Actually it's a big place. Let's give most of them the benefit of doubt and say Some cunts didn't behave themselves as they heard its only just a sniffle on the Internet and are generally inconsiderate (along with the poor people who innocently got it from these sort of actions of others).
    I think it's probably more fair to say that it was inevitably going to be Auckland because:

1: It has the largest ingress of people from overseas
    2: It has the highest population density
    3: The Vaccine doesn't stop transmission
    4: Nor does non N95 masks
    5: Or contact Tracing
    6: Or Vaccine passports
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    All I'm going to say is:

Canadian Trucks.

Yes and what an amazing turnout especially given the rep of Canadians (no offence intended) and having someone like Trudeau as the PM.
    Truckers are on the frontline, obviously they are not seeing the same fear that the govtvis selling...
    Truckers get to talk uncensored on the cb radio and in truck stops. You’d only need onectrucker on the 401 transcanada highway talking about how aunt Betty direction from covid unvaxxed and they would be lining up to take it.
    This is also why Uber was invented to destroy the taxi industry. You can’t have a group of independent people out there who get to meet often and have the pulse on the true feelings of citizens.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    It was on the good
    As for the Swim - I've always wanted to do one of the ocean swim series, but due to getting a tummy bug at the beach when I was younger, salt water makes me vomit.
    You can probably get a vaccination for that.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I think it's probably more fair to say that it was inevitably going to be Auckland because:

1: It has the largest ingress of people from overseas
    2: It has the highest population density
    3: The Vaccine doesn't stop transmission
    4: Nor does non N95 masks
    5: Or contact Tracing
    6: Or Vaccine passports
    Auckland was always going to be the problem. I wouldn't say inevitable ... but that would have been the way to bet. Odds on favourite

1. It has the largest ingress of people from areas covid has the predominantly higher infection/death rates. USA and Europe for example.

2. You mean the largest City in NZ by way of population. Population density doesn't feature. Those that live in the denser populated areas ... can't afford to travel far.

3. Aside from the fact that that applies throughout the country ... Auckland is no more affected by transmission ... than ANY other populated parts of NZ. They just get more infected people going there.

4. They can be found in OTHER parts of NZ. Dorkland don't have them all. They're not that special.

5. Contact tracing is not done for the purpose of stopping transmission. Don't sign in anywhere ... and you won't be notified if an infected person was in places you went.

6. The vaccine passports (At best) proves the person named has had some of the vaccinations. (refer to your number 3.)
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    2. You mean the largest City in NZ by way of population. Population density doesn't feature. Those that live in the denser populated areas ... can't afford to travel far.
    No, I definitely mean Population Density.

3. Aside from the fact that that applies throughout the country ... Auckland is no more affected by transmission ... than ANY other populated parts of NZ. They just get more infected people going there.
    Except it has more people, in closer proximity, therefore the chance of transmission is greater.

Add in that the were always going to be the most likely vector for ingress, it stands to reason.

My other points were just about the hypocrisy of the 'rules' designed to 'protect us'.

As has been proven, Mask Mandates, Vaccine passports and contact tracing don't work.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    3 and 4, but it reduces it. Are you Joe Rogan? You're just promoting misinformation which is why you on ignore Tit.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    3 and 4, but it reduces it.
    Reduces (debatable) but does not stop.

And therein lies the problem.

See, we hear about 'Community transmission' and 'Rising community cases' - and that these are the justification for the continued sledgehammer on our Civil liberties.

But those measures taken, ostensibly to 'stop' the virus, do not stop the virus.

Therefore the supposed moral legitimacy as to why these measures are in place evaporates. The reality is that even with the draconian measures in place, we are going to have community cases. The vector for Omicron proves that, it came in via an Air NZ Steward who:

1: Would have been Double vaxed (otherwise no job)
    2: Would have been Double vaxed (or not allowed on the plane)
    3: Would have been wearing a Mask
    4: Would have only been in contact with people who were double vaxed (or not allowed on the plane)
    5: Would have only been in contact with people wearing masks

If the measures don't stop it, then we have to accept it's going to be in the community. Just like the Cold, just like the Flu. And for reference before we worry about floods of people in the Hospitals - 70% less hospital admittances compared to it's predecessor.

If we accept it is in the community - then the Traffic light system and the Ahren passes can all fuck off.

Are you Joe Rogan? You're just promoting misinformation which is why you on ignore Tit.
    No, I'm actually promoting what the science has consistently said:

Only N95 masks, properly fitted and worn 'stop' transmission, and vaccine efficacy (with regard to transmission) wears off *significantly* after 2-3 months. going from about an 80% reduction in transmission (compared to an unvaccinated person) at the 2 week mark after the 2nd dose, to 20% reduction (compared to an unvaccinated person) at around the 3 month mark. Hence the need for Boosters.

And as proof of this - you can go back over a year and see my opinion on masks clearly outlined, it hasn't changed (because the underlying science hasn't changed), whereas the public narrative or the Approvedtm misinformation has.

But I'm genuinely flattered that you compared me to Joe. Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, the man has integrity and always honestly engages and challenges his guests.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Seeing as it's the Jacinda thread ...

I had to forfeit my .22 semi-automatic rifle a couple of years ago to make NZ a safer place in which to live. Saw on the news a couple of nights ago that 2021 was the year with the highest number of firearms related crimes in NZ. Ever. That didn't work did it!

Can I have my dear old rifle back now?
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    it stands to reason.
    Fuck! It's Alf Garnet.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    No, I definitely mean Population Density.
    I've been in smaller cities with larger populations ... Auckland hasn't a claim to having a dense population. The old "Kiwi quarter acre" tradition see's to that.

One or two I know of that are living in Auckland ... are pretty dense though ...

Except it has more people, in closer proximity, therefore the chance of transmission is greater.

Add in that the were always going to be the most likely vector for ingress, it stands to reason.
    And the cases found in the South island were usually of Auckland origin. It might of helped if the Aucklander's actually followed the rules. There would have been fewer cases in the community in the SOUTH ISLAND.

My other points were just about the hypocrisy of the 'rules' designed to 'protect us'.

As has been proven, Mask Mandates, Vaccine passports and contact tracing don't work.
    Masks ... can't stop the virus if they're not worn ... or worn/used correctly. Reduces rather than removes the risk of transmission.
    The other way to go is have TOTAL lock down. Although that might be a tad unpopular.

Vaccine passports show the named person on it has at least been been vaccinated. It lets you into businesses ... so I see no issue with that.

Contact tracing helps if you've left your details where a person known to have covid has been. Then you get called and you get tested if there was. That shouldn't be difficult to do ... or understand. If you don't leave your details ... you just put yourself at risk. Ignorance is bliss eh .. !!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Seeing as it's the Jacinda thread ...

I had to forfeit my .22 semi-automatic rifle a couple of years ago to make NZ a safer place in which to live. Saw on the news a couple of nights ago that 2021 was the year with the highest number of firearms related crimes in NZ. Ever. That didn't work did it!

Can I have my dear old rifle back now?
    Why did you forfeit? Was the magazine unalterably bigger than 10 rounds?
    But yes, disappointing the firearm crime stats. It could have been worse maybe with more guns in the general population?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    It could have been worse maybe with more guns in the general population?
    Or it could have been better if the Police went after the people that commit 97% of Firearm crime in NZ.

But that would be hard and dangerous, so better to go after those law-abiding citizens, whilst the crims take potshots at each other and nevermind the bystanders.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I've been in smaller cities with larger populations ... Auckland hasn't a claim to having a dense population. The old "Kiwi quarter acre" tradition see's to that.
    Yeah... Nah.

Auckland has the highest population density in NZ. Feel free to look it up. It's not dense by international standards, but we aren't comparing it to international cities, are we?

And the cases found in the South island were usually of Auckland origin. It might of helped if the Aucklander's actually followed the rules. There would have been fewer cases in the community in the SOUTH ISLAND.
    Or, just throwing this out there:

If the rules worked...

Masks ... can't stop the virus if they're not worn ... or worn/used correctly. Reduces rather than removes the risk of transmission.
    The other way to go is have TOTAL lock down. Although that might be a tad unpopular.
    Or you go the Freedom route: 90+% (according to the stats you posted in the other thread) are vaccinated, so we should be fine.

Vaccine passports show the named person on it has at least been been vaccinated. It lets you into businesses ... so I see no issue with that.
    It's predicated on a series of now proven false premises, that requires a business to discriminate based on a personal choice. It was Immoral before we had proof it didn't work, now it's unconscionable.

Contact tracing helps if you've left your details where a person known to have covid has been. Then you get called and you get tested if there was. That shouldn't be difficult to do ... or understand. If you don't leave your details ... you just put yourself at risk. Ignorance is bliss eh .. !!
    Indeed.

One day Captain Nemo might have to get alerted, but I've heard he's vaccinated and not worried.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... It's not dense by international standards ...
    My case proven by YOUR own admission. However ... I do seem to find some Aucklander's particularly dense though.

If the rules worked...
    IF Aucklander's actually followed the rules you mean ... they might work BETTER.

Just saying ...

Or you go the Freedom route: 90+% (according to the stats you posted in the other thread) are vaccinated, so we should be fine.
    If you're vaccinated ... with a covid passport to confirm that ... all the "Freedom" you need is available.

... it's predicated on a series of now proven false premises, that requires a business to discriminate based on a personal choice. It was Immoral before we had proof it didn't work, now it's unconscionable.
    Not a personal choice ... if they want to stay IN business and making money ... THEY follow the rules. The ones still open have proved that works.

A few businesses have come unstuck (and closed) for NOT checking the passports. The ones that comply ... do so for reasons that may not be their own opinions ... and may differ from their actual preferred choice of action.

As always ... making money IS a major part/intention of running a business.

Go figure.

Indeed.

One day Captain Nemo might have to get alerted, but I've heard he's vaccinated and not worried.
    I know him well (Brother in Law) BUT ... he WILL then need to get tested ... and go into isolation until the results come out.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    My case proven by YOUR own admission.
    Not at all... Since we are comparing NZ with NZ. So denser city = more cases.

The only case you are proving is that the relative insulation we've had from Covid is more to do with Geographic features than government policy.

IF Aucklander's actually followed the rules you mean ... they might work BETTER.

Just saying ...
    The problem is that the majority did follow the rules, but the rules are so useless that it only took a miniscule amount of non-compliance for it to break.

If you're vaccinated ... with a covid passport to confirm that ... all the "Freedom" you need is available.
    That 'IF' is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting. And Freedom isn't conditional by it's very definition.

Not a personal choice ... if they want to stay IN business and making money ... THEY follow the rules. The ones still open have proved that works.

A few businesses have come unstuck (and closed) for NOT checking the passports. The ones that comply ... do so for reasons that may not be their own opinions ... and may differ from their actual preferred choice of action.
    'We didn't agree with leading the Jews into those *ahem* Showers, but it was the rules so we did it'

Moral Cowardice in the face of Tyranny.

I know him well (Brother in Law) BUT ... he WILL then need to get tested ... and go into isolation until the results come out.
    Will he?

Thread Information