Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Apparently you missed his presidency somehow. He did say what he thought, it's just a shame that so little of it was coherent.
    I mean, I can start bringing up all of Biden's faux pas if you like, but I grant Biden the same amount of charity (in terms of what he's said) that I do to Trump.

The press couldn't report exactly what he said or they would have been accused of taking the piss. They had to edit his statements so as not to show he was insane. That's OK though, you can be a fanboi.
    Ah yes, The Pres only edited his statement because the press only wanted to represent the best possible version of Trump.

I mean, without any need to invoke media Bias, that statement is laughably untrue. What were you saying about the Conman and the Mark?

But if you want to get into it - there's many instance where the Headline has omitted key context from a quote in order to generate outrage.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Actually I have. Multiple times. It is nothing short of complete idiocy. Feel free to shove a light bulb up yer arse, if that's what spins your crank.
    And I've agreed it's stupid - but the claim of 'he incited people to inject bleach' (according to Biden/The Media) is simply not true.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    And this is why I still enjoy your posts
    Thank you ... I try ...

Are you suggesting that the Scientiests doing the predictive Modelling are getting into the Chemists lab and testing?

That certainly would explain quite a few things...
    It's called problem solving #101 ... First try to figure out what the problem is caused by. Then figure out what might stop (or slow) the problem.

Usually ... lab rats (usually literally rats or mice) get first chance at testing the possible solution drugs. It does take a bit of time ... and a few dissected rats ... before testing on humans is even allowed to be applied for.

It might, it might not....

Honk Honk.

I got it ... You're a GOOSE .. !!!

Actually... the Quote is much older:

Oberst Birgen Eriksen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...C3%B8bak_Sound

Oof is to you
    Actually ... in the wording you used in that post ... You got THAT quote WRONG too ...

OOF ...

You're a glutton for self punishment aren't you ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's called problem solving #101 ... First try to figure out what the problem is caused by. Then figure out what might stop (or slow) the problem.
    Modelling and predictive analysis is a whole different ball game. You have to make some fundamental assumptions about reality. If they are correct, your model will be accurate, if they are wrong, then you can get some very spicy compounding errors.

Objectively the models used to predict the number of cases for Covid from the 2021 period onwards (not counting anything in 2020 since the number of unknown variables was too great) have been wrong. Not a little bit wrong, but out by factors of 2 to 4.

If you consider what Politicians do to be Problem Solving, then when you've got bad information, you will get bad policy.

And since these models were part of the justification moving from yellow to red, what has been done is simply wrong.

I got it ... You're a GOOSE .. !!!
    Inquisitive and with a burning hatred of Mankind?

Possibly.

Actually ... in the wording you used in that post ... You got THAT quote WRONG too ...

OOF ...

You're a glutton for self punishment aren't you ...
    Eh, it was back-to-front, I was going from memory - the meaning was still correct - Oof back to you

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... If you consider what Politicians do to be Problem Solving, then when you've got bad information, you will get bad policy.

And since these models were part of the justification moving from yellow to red, what has been done is simply wrong.

Politicians call their problem solving Policy. In actual fact ... it is actually just damage control.

If they can't remove the issue ... then the simple reduction of damage is attempted. If it's working (well sort of) ... then policy continues.

Stages of Policy.

1. Problem found

2. Policy introduced

3. Damage increases ... policy toughened.

4. Damages stable ... continue policy.

5. Damages reduced ... soften policy.

6. Damage stopped/problem not reoccurring ... policy removed.

Which stage would you think the country is at the moment ... ??

Inquisitive and with a burning hatred of Mankind?

Possibly.
    I'll still go with the Goose theory ... but that's just my opinion.

Eh, it was back-to-front, I was going from memory - the meaning was still correct - Oof back to you
    A misquote ... still ...

oof ...

sorry ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Wait...

You mean to say...

That two nations that share a Monarch and certain Liberal traditions are both upset at Governments breaching bodily autonomy and pissing on basic Human Rights?!?

Holy Shit! That's some 9000+ IQ Big Brain Journalism right there.

I wonder what they will come up with as News tomorrow? My pick is that they discover that as an Island, New Zealand is surrounded by water!
    Two nations? WTF were ypu reading? Never mind...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Two nations? WTF were ypu reading? Never mind...
    Canada is a Nation.
    So is New Zealand.

I mean I felt it was obvious, but...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Politicians call their problem solving Policy. In actual fact ... it is actually just damage control.

If they can't remove the issue ... then the simple reduction of damage is attempted. If it's working (well sort of) ... then policy continues.

Stages of Policy.

1. Problem found

2. Policy introduced

3. Damage increases ... policy toughened.

4. Damages stable ... continue policy.

5. Damages reduced ... continue policy.

6. Damage stopped/problem not reoccurring ... continue policy.
    That's a more accurate description of it.

See also Ratchet Effect.

Edit:

I could have put a really cynical version of 'introduce policy, make problem worse via unintended consequences, increase policy to fix problem caused by policy, which created more consequences ad infinitum'

Which stage would you think the country is at the moment ... ??
    Considering that when Omicron was discovered, it was found to be significantly less dangerous than the previous strains (the SA researcher that identified it indicated that patients could be treated at home)

I'd say we are in the Damage Stopped, but the Policy continues phase.

I'll still go with the Goose theory ... but that's just my opinion.
    Apparently there is a Goose Theory, it's from Japan - that everyone else spends time trying to catchup with the leader of the flock, but when they do reach parity, the leader has moved on.

I'm quite flattered at the implication I'm the leader of the flock.

PA misquote ... still ...

oof ...

sorry ...
    But an Accurate one

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    That's a more accurate description of it.

See also Ratchet Effect.
    Thank you.

Edit:

I could have put a really cynical version of 'introduce policy, make problem worse via unintended consequences, increase policy to fix problem caused by policy, which created more consequences ad infinitum'
    It entirely depends on the quality of the respective Politicians advisement.

It has been known to vary (understatement) ...

Considering that when Omicron was discovered, it was found to be significantly less dangerous than the previous strains (the SA researcher that identified it indicated that patients could be treated at home)
    Various people have claimed it to be not as serious as first thought.

Time will tell ...

I'd say we are in the Damage Stopped, but the Policy continues phase.
    Personally ... I'd go with 4.

Damage stable. Continue with policy.

But I didn't mention 7. Dissenters of Government policy jailed to restore public faith in Government policy of Law and order.

Just wait until you hear what 8. is ...

A nice bit of editing of my post by the way. A tad amateurish .. but I've come to expect that from you.

Apparently there is a Goose Theory, it's from Japan - that everyone else spends time trying to catchup with the leader of the flock, but when they do reach parity, the leader has moved on.
    Have you considered why Geese fly in a V formation (as even why aircraft fly in V formation[to cut their fuel usage]) ... ??? The one in front [as with aircraft] does more work than the others. So ... Geese actually take turns in the front [as with aircraft]. In the meantime ... they are happy to let another do all the hard work.

Sounds like YOU to a Tee.

I'm quite flattered at the implication I'm the leader of the flock.
    Don't be ... see above.

But an Accurate one

Hardly ... As with most things ... the order of how it happens ... is critical.

A wrong quote ... is a misquote ...

OOF ...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    It’s not rocket science you muppets....

The rebranded lockdown has made going out anywhere a misery with this mask and scanning bullshit plus with the added bonus of a torture test if someone had the sniffles at same venue.

So it seems lots of people are like me.... abandoning spontaneous shopping/bar/cafe trips and only going out when they really need too.
    Cafe vs home coffee machine/sachet
    Movie theatre vs Netflix/YouTube
    Bar vs bottle store and drinking on deck at home

The no mask no scan option wins every time

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Let’s do This!!!!!!! Yeah nah maybe..,. Eventually.........

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Did history repeat
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    It’s not rocket science you muppets....

The rebranded lockdown has made going out anywhere a misery with this mask and scanning bullshit plus with the added bonus of a torture test if someone had the sniffles at same venue.

So it seems lots of people are like me.... abandoning spontaneous shopping/bar/cafe trips and only going out when they really need too.
    Cafe vs home coffee machine/sachet
    Movie theatre vs Netflix/YouTube
    Bar vs bottle store and drinking on deck at home

The no mask no scan option wins every time
    The wife and I went to a local pub the other night for dinner. We were the only customers.

Try it for yourself ...

Bike
    husaberg

Intersting that you overlooked this, did you not like the outcome
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ations-of-cost

The review is scathing in parts, noting that the Government tendered the private contract out at an unrealistically low price by essentially “double counting” cost-savings the private sector could bring to the project.

Worse still, no one spoken to at the review knew or remembered how this tender price was arrived at - an all-important detail, partly responsible for years of delays and hundreds of millions of dollars in cost overruns.

The project was initially estimated to cost $850 million in 2012, but the most recent estimate is $1.25 billion.

However, the review stopped short of saying the Public-Private Partnership model used for Transmission Gully is intrinsically flawed. Instead, it says that key errors made at the beginning of the Transmission-Gully Project, when it switched from being a public sector led project to a PPP back in 2012, have led to lasting problems with the project.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ng-flaws-found
    Transmission Gully was the first motorway in New Zealand set up under a PPP model by the National government in 2012.

The road was supposed to be completed in April 2020 but was delayed by more than a year because of significant re-estimation of earthwork requirements, storm events, the Kaikōura earthquake and Covid-19.

However, a report commissioned last year after the Transport Agency had to pay more than $200 million to get it back on track, found the project was flawed from the start.

Transport Minister Michael Wood said the planning, governance and oversight of the project was clearly lacking.

"The fact this project was proceeded with on a non-PPP basis, but jammed into a PPP model, the fact that the affordability threshold - which is how much the government was willing to pay for the project - was described by bidders as, quote, 'dubious, and quote demonstrably unrealistic'.
    Joyce said he oversaw the selection of Transmission Gully as a project for the Roads of National Significance programme, but the PPP was set up after he left the portfolio.

The minister after him was Gerry Brownlee.
    National's current transport spokesperson Michael Woodhouse stood by National's actions in 2012.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...-design-errors
    Contractor seeking $75 million in damages and losses over alleged Transmission Gully design errors
    The construction company building Wellington's Transmission Gully motorway is seeking $75 million in losses and damages it claims were caused by errors in engineering design.

CPB Contractors, one of a consortium of entities behind the roading project, teamed up with engineering firm Aecom New Zealand to design and build the 27-kilometre motorway in 2014.
    The Australasian company is claiming there were “material differences” between Aecom's initial tender design for the project, and the final detailed design it issued several months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Canada is a Nation.
    So is New Zealand.

I mean I felt it was obvious, but...
    You might have missed it but France and the USA were mentioned in despatches.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information