Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    So it seems lots of people are like me.... abandoning spontaneous shopping/bar/cafe trips and only going out when they really need too.
    Cafe vs home coffee machine/sachet
    Movie theatre vs Netflix/YouTube
    Bar vs bottle store and drinking on deck at home
    I think you'll find that's what they were trying to achieve, eliminate as much casual spread and super spreader events as possible.

Well done for observing the intent of the various rules, even though you are too ignorant to realise that you are.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Let’s do This!!!!!!! Yeah nah maybe..,. Eventually.........

Talk to the people actually building the road, they're not the problem with this one....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The wife and I went to a local pub the other night for dinner. We were the only customers.

Try it for yourself ...
    Heard a couple of stories yesterday about some unvaccinated people who do. Good money spinner if you don't go out much and can make a few bucks renting it out whenever you're not using it. Almost as though some vaccinated people are anti-mandate and are protesting from home in any way they can to help support business... for a small fee ...
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Heard a couple of stories yesterday about some unvaccinated people who do. Good money spinner if you don't go out much and can make a few bucks renting it out whenever you're not using it. Almost as though some vaccinated people are anti-mandate and are protesting from home in any way they can to help support business... for a small fee ...
    We are both vaccinated. And had to (just) show our covid passport.

The point I was making was ... business in such places is slow ... particularly week nights.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You might have missed it but France and the USA were mentioned in despatches.
    Tangential and inconsequential.

France is always protesting something and the USA has Florida Man.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    It entirely depends on the quality of the respective Politicians advisement.

It has been known to vary (understatement) ...
    I think that's a contender for Understatement of the Decade...

Various people have claimed it to be not as serious as first thought.

Time will tell ...
    My personal position was that if the Death Rate got over 5% that's when I'd start to get worried and that it was never 'not serious', but that there is/was an overreaction in response to it.

Personally ... I'd go with 4.

Damage stable. Continue with policy.

But I didn't mention 7. Dissenters of Government policy jailed to restore public faith in Government policy of Law and order.

Just wait until you hear what 8. is ...
    Martyrs inspire a mass revolt against the Government on the right to dissent

A nice bit of editing of my post by the way. A tad amateurish .. but I've come to expect that from you.
    Just a tad, but the rationale is often 'see, it's working so why should we stop?'

Have you considered why Geese fly in a V formation (as even why aircraft fly in V formation[to cut their fuel usage]) ... ??? The one in front [as with aircraft] does more work than the others. So ... Geese actually take turns in the front [as with aircraft]. In the meantime ... they are happy to let another do all the hard work.

Sounds like YOU to a Tee.

Don't be ... see above.
    Yes, but the Japanese Goose Theory specifically states that the one in the lead will continue to be in the lead (success breeds success)
    Last edited by TheDemonLord; 11th February 2022 at 09:07. Reason: Can't Spell

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    We are both vaccinated. And had to (just) show our covid passport.

The point I was making was ... business in such places is slow ... particularly week nights.
    And that's why some unvaccinated are grabbing passes. Careful who you sit with, they might not be vaccinated.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    And that's why some unvaccinated are grabbing passes. Careful who you sit with, they might not be vaccinated.
    As I said. I sat with my wife.

I know she is vaccinated.

Apart from staff ... there were no others there.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I think that's a contender for Understatement of the Decade...
    When you post " Ok .. I was wrong" ... it will be the understatement of the decade.

My personal position was that if the Death Rate got over 5% that's when I'd start to get worried and that it was never 'not serious', but that there is/was an overreaction in response to it.
    Initially ... the death rate overseas indicated it could get high in NZ ... but it didn't. Cynics believe that it was never really bad to start with. Or ... reported death rates were overstated to create fear in the various populations world wide. I think we came out quite lucky with the total covid related deaths (percentage of population wise) to date ... especially in the same comparison (percentage of population wise) to other countries.

Was it really ... JUST Government Policy ... WORKING .. ??

It is difficult to "Overreact" to (even possibly) life threatening situations and probabilities.

In military jargon ... shoot first when the target numbers are low, wait ... and the battle could be bigger than you can (easily .. ??) deal with later.

Martyrs inspire a mass revolt against the Government on the right to dissent
    How many of the "Anti-Vax" mob "Martyrs" have committed suicide IN PROTEST (in NZ) so far ... ?? If the answer is zero ... that line is (in respect to the NZ situation) ... I call bullshit. And YOU know it is.

Just a tad, but the rationale is often 'see, it's working so why should we stop?'
    4. Damage stable. Continue with policy.

Cases still appear. So it's not over. Cases not increasing ... or decreasing ... they (just simply) haven't stopped appearing.

Yes, but the Japanese Goose Theory specifically states that the one in the lead will continue to be in the lead (success breeds success)
    Please note ... YOUR use of the word Theory (That you used) the theory that you like ... differs in meaning to the Fact ... I used.

Perhaps ... you might win more arguments ... if you used actual facts. Not theories.

Just saying ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    The Guardian wouldn't know realistic if it came up and mooned them in the face.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    And I've agreed it's stupid - but the claim of 'he incited people to inject bleach' (according to Biden/The Media) is simply not true.
    Yeah, I'll say, just like his jan 6th speech, how come the mob followed the "march, fight, march fight, fight, fight" gist of his hour+ rant, when clearly it was the 5 second sound bite where he said the word peacefully that one single time they should of been following. How could the crowd have got it so wrong? I'm sure it was not by design? Surely not!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Guardian wouldn't know realistic if it came up and mooned them in the face.
    Somebody certainly doesn't, but on this occasion at least, it's not the Guardian.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Actually I have. Multiple times. It is nothing short of complete idiocy. Feel free to shove a light bulb up yer arse, if that's what spins your crank.
    "A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yeah, I'll say, just like his jan 6th speech, how come the mob followed the "march, fight, march fight, fight, fight" gist of his hour+ rant, when clearly it was the 5 second sound bite where he said the word peacefully that one single time they should of been following. How could the crowd have got it so wrong? I'm sure it was not by design? Surely not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    And I've agreed it's stupid - but the claim of 'he incited people to inject bleach' (according to Biden/The Media) is simply not true.
    Actually you are right ... the "Bleach" bit is bullshit.

The word he used was "Disinfectant".

As in ...

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

Thread Information