Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1564

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Isn't that just how politics works?
    Not really I think the Nats were watching Trump and could see that a large portion of the population believed any crap he offered. All politicians lie, that's a given. Virtually a whole campaign based on bollocks seems new somehow.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    We may not know but we do know that 6 years ago it was a hell of a lot better. Your prob lucky over your way with NP not quite being big enough for too many ratbags to hide in but enough industry to provide half decent jobs.
    Unlike you The ranking don't lie.....
    https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...al-peace-index
    https://www.timeout.com/news/the-saf...or-2023-070323

10. Slovenia - 1.408
    9. Japan - 1.395
    8. Canada - 1.388
    7. Switzerland - 1.370
    6. Czech Republic - 1.360
    5. Portugal - 1.356
    4. New Zealand - 1.287
    3. Austria - 1.278
    2. Denmark - 1.246
    1. Iceland - 1.192

1 Iceland
    2 Denmark
    3 Ireland
    4 New Zealand
    5 Austria
    6 Singapore
    7 Portugal
    8 Slovenia
    9 Japan
    10 Switzerland

yet
    2009- 2015 ie the key years
    he inherited a 1 one position
    Rank Country Score
    1 New Zealand 1.202
    2 Denmark 1.217
    2 Norway 1.217
    4 Iceland 1.225
    5 Austria 1.252
    6 Sweden 1.269
    7 Japan 1.272
    8 Canada 1.311
    9 Finland 1.322
    9 Slovenia 1.322

1 Iceland 1.148
    2 Denmark 1.150
    3 Austria 1.198
    4 New Zealand 1.221
    5 Switzerland 1.275
    6 Finland 1.277
    7 Canada 1.287
    8 Japan 1.322
    9 Australia 1.329
    10 Czech Republic 1.341
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The KING has spoken, I can just see the blank look on Jacindas face

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ty-London.html

“He cautioned that people owe it to each other to listen to views other than their own with ‘politeness and respect’ and to be ‘passionate, but not pugnacious’, ”
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    How the other side lived…. While preaching about poverty and building more housing etc

https://i.stuff.co.nz/life-style/hom...hill-in-napier

Council records show the couple paid $545,000 for the property in 2010. It has a September 2020 valuation of $1,170,000.

Listing agent Phil Quinney of NZ Sotheby’s International Realty says the house, something of a local landmark on Milton Rd, is an “architectural gem”. It was designed by renowned early 20th-century architects Finch & Westerholm. Unusually, for a house on the hill, it has large, terraced areas of flat land, so there is enough space for a lawn, 9m heated swimming pool and a basketball “D”.

“Properties with this much space and off-street parking are few and far between on the hill,” Quinney says. “This one is divided into four distinct areas. Fruit trees and natives line the first tier for privacy, while the second tier provides a flat concrete area perfect for sports and play, and there's an electric vehicle charging station.

“The third tier is the entertainment level including in-ground pool, patio, and barbecue area - ideal for outdoor gatherings. The upper tier features a spacious lawn, and home office

The five-bedroom house, on a 1739m² site, has a stone and plastered brick construction with native timber flooring. Other character features include leadlight bay windows, timber panelling throughout the entry and formal living and dining area, and large, painted beams in the these areas. The fifth bedroom is currently used as a kids’ lounge.

Quinney says he is inviting buyers looking “circa” $1.5 million. “That figure’s not going to buy the property; it will go somewhere north of that, but if you have got a budget over that, then come and have a look.”

You can kinda understand how you lose touch with the reality of normal world if you have a luxury enclave like that to come home to.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    How this side live.

"Newshub can reveal the new leader of the National Party has no idea how much money he made off his seven properties last year - and that's not all Christopher Luxon didn't know. "

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-one-year.html
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    How this side live.

"Newshub can reveal the new leader of the National Party has no idea how much money he made off his seven properties last year - and that's not all Christopher Luxon didn't know. "

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-one-year.html
    But that side is not about putting barriers in front of success. They want you to own seven properties too if you’re willing to work hard and get there.

Labour wants you dependant so you vote for their welfare package agsin next time and if you dare be successful they want to take it away and give it someone for free that doesn’t want to work hard.

One things for sure Nash will be glad the capital gains and wealth tax hadn’t gone through

Bike
    husaberg
    But that side is not about putting barriers in front of success. T
    like paying tax on income earned in real estate speculation...... or tax at all.....but only if you are ubber rich..

but it turns out Luzton is wantng to turn al green afterall

It was revealed on Tuesday Luxon, the Opposition leader, ordered the Tesla last year before cancelling it. Luxon already owned a Tesla and the order was placed while National was criticising the Government for handing clean car discounts to the wealthy. but I've got a 50cc scooter and I jump on that, and I'll go up and do my odd errands and journeys that I need to do.
    Luxon is an evangelical Christian In November 2019, Luxon said he was against abortion, euthanasia, He also at the time supported a "no jab, no pay" policy for sanctioning welfare beneficiaries who do not vaccinate their children.National MP Harete Hipango said Luxon stated they and the National Party strongly support COVID-19 vaccination, and described vaccination as the best protection for people and their families Yet In August 2022, Luxon refused to rule out working with Brian Tamaki, a far-right, anti-vaccine religious leader, and Tamaki's Freedoms New Zealand party.
    Luxton also has trouble telling if he is in NZ or Hawaii.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    They want you to own seven properties too if you’re willing to work hard and get there.

Labour wants you dependant so you vote for their welfare package agsin next time and if you dare be successful they want to take it away and give it someone for free that doesn’t want to work hard.
    Do the math on the first sentence then try and figure out why the second sentence may have a tad of relevance.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It seems that Luxon may be a bigger bullshit artist than I had expected. He talks about acquisitions and mergers but it is likely he has about zero experience in either. There is a possibility that he had a part in one in the US but he was working in Canada at the time so he wasn't involved in the latter stages.

He talks about chemistry but apparently he couldn't get on with the boss of Virgin Australia and sold that at a ten million loss to Air NZ.

Hopefully if there is still a reputable journo in this country they will write this up. Of course it would have been better if they had done so prior to the election.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Hopefully if there is still a reputable journo in this country they will write this up. Of course it would have been better if they had done so prior to the election.
    There may have been some but they sold out for 55million dollars from labour. They’ve all gotten used to writing opinion pieces with splash of treaty and climate references to meet funding guidelines.

Also the editors of print and tv would dare not risk loss of ad revenue from mentioned airlines…,

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It seems that Luxon may be a bigger bullshit artist than I had expected. He talks about acquisitions and mergers but it is likely he has about zero experience in either. There is a possibility that he had a part in one in the US but he was working in Canada at the time so he wasn't involved in the latter stages.

He talks about chemistry but apparently he couldn't get on with the boss of Virgin Australia and sold that at a ten million loss to Air NZ.

There are. I like David Farrier a lot and in fact I am a paying subscriber to his substack newsletter. It's called "Webworm" and is worth a read. Give it a google. Some interesting stuff and, unlike the rest of the internet, the comments section is not a toxic cesspit of heck. You might not enjoy the topics he focusses on, which is fine, but if it does click, it is excellent. I got onto it after seeing his latest film (MR ORGAN - its on Netflix I think).
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    husaberg
    I find people tend to confuse Luxton with his predecessor Rob Fyfe 's achievements and popularity within Air NZ.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...his-own-ticket
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    How the other side lived…. While preaching about poverty and building more housing etc
    That's not unreasonable, it's a fairly spectacular place and it has been thirteen years. A year ago it would have been worth more.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    You’d think given what our media told us about how great she was the doco would be about leadership.
    But no sounds like a remake of fire and fury

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...nd-online-hate

Be interesting to know who the “third party “ sponsors of this film are, smacks of an agenda to promote the idea of limiting free speech online.
    I do feel sorry for Jacinda that this will be her legacy, remembered for few extreme comments that some in society made. A country of five million locked down with nothing to do, yes it’s going to be to collate a few nutter comments and make it look worse than it was.
    Kinda ironic in a country that has no violent political extremism. All we e ever had was the doofus that smashed windows at Clark’s office(while no one there) and Tama iti popping off a shotgun once just to make sure protest made news.
    There’s always going fo be a bell curve of opinions on any subject and there just choosing a small part. Wonder if there will be sequels for Winston Luxon or Seymourjust for a bit of balance?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...nd-online-hate

…Wonder if there will be sequels for Winston Luxon or Seymourjust for a bit of balance?
    I don’t think they’ll have the same international commercial appeal.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information