Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Vs Harley-Davidson Street 750

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Rebellion ordered from a glitzy lifestyle catalog. So your rebellion can be just a little bit customised (from set of fixed options).

Harley.
    Expensive, heavy, not very advanced bikes, for not very advanced bikers.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Neither. Get a Royal Enfield 650 twin.

Good evening you moaning KB Knitting Circle Ladies. Is your ignore function working correctly?

Oh and please do keep listening to those angy little voice in your heads. It's a great source of amusement.

As a former multi Harley owner and current Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 owner I would (narrowly) recommend a 650 Interceptor and agree with Bonez comment.

Despite being LAMS approved they have adequate power and handle quite well - they're 6-speed but still accelerate in that gear.

Went to R-E for a change and also because the Electraglide was getting to be a bit of a handfull two-up with gear when manoeuvering at low speeds, And CG couldn't even get the HD off its stand let alone ride it - but she loves her Interceptor!

Paid around $10,500 for each bike (new) and three years warranty and roadside assistance thrown in.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah. Rebellion ordered from a glitzy lifestyle catalog. So your rebellion can be just a little bit customised (from set of fixed options).

Harley.
    Expensive, heavy, not very advanced bikes, for not very advanced bikers.
    But also fun and great for winding up non HD owners.

Despite the jokes the only 'breakdown' I had was a from pulley backing off - still rode the 650+km home OK and then fixed it.

(OK I did have a multi thousands of miles imported iron-head '81 Sportster that burnt an exhaust valve in my early newby days but I was expecting 'something' to happen due to the agesnmf condition of that bike!)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

Went to R-E for a change and also because the Electraglide was getting to be a bit of a handfull two-up with gear when manoeuvering at low speeds,

...gettin past it is a cunt innit...and you can shove wisdom, experience and having been there , up your arse...

...youth is the answer to all us worn out, cunts, problems eh...dunno if I'd want to go back and do it all again...once was enough...

Bike
    Filled both REs the other day after 130km trip, took 5.6 litres to fill them.

I figure that's something like 68mpg (for the old buggers -young ones will just have to figure it out!)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    They will just talk into thier phones and have an answer
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Filled both REs the other day after 130km trip, took 5.6 litres to fill them.

I figure that's something like 68mpg (for the old buggers -young ones will just have to figure it out!)
    You're a bit out with your figures ... it only 65.57592962335 mpg ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    You're a bit out with your figures ... it only 65.57592962335 mpg ...

C'mon, I DID say 'something like'! (calculated in my head)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    C'mon, I DID say 'something like'! (calculated in my head)
    An (ex) cop not accurate with figures ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by alanadavid View Post
    What would you prefer? A new Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Vs 2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 (used - 5873 miles)
    I'd wait, the new Bullets are being 'tested' in India right now, a Cruiser (two versions) and a new Bullet/classic using the new 650 donk. Will be better price, and I'd guess more useable than the HD, and remember BOTH are made in India.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1981 yamaha XV1000

Cool RE V's HD

As others have said, go the RE 650, they have very few issues compared with the other 2 options...And it was almost completely Developed in England, by some of the Worlds best, both frame and engine. When you get bored, throw an 860-kit on it and relive your youth. As an aside, I thought Harleys were made in Thailand along with Triumphs ? Did you buy yet ?

Thread Information