Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bus

Bike
    A
    Having seen the MCN video, it's a thorough review of all the relevant specs and all that, but yeah I'm kinda underwhelmed the Busa apparently turned into a sanitised beast.

My 2013 Busa with the ABS is an insane bike, and whilst I'm over it in some ways...every time I spend a day on it, the notion of selling or trading it somehow vanishes.

I've got an FJR of the same vintage, and whilst it's basically a fridge, it does everything my Busa does in a more civilized fashion without actually stirring the soul

If the new Busa retails in that 28-30k range it's on par with the ZX14 which is end of life apparently.

The scariest aspect is that I'm looking at K1600GT and R1250RS or RT as my next options, as in moving from two bikes to one only and it is starting to make sense somehow
    Yeah ok, I need help

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    The scariest aspect is that I'm looking at K1600GT and R1250RS or RT as my next options, as in moving from two bikes to one only and it is starting to make sense somehow
    Yeah ok, I need help [/QUOTE]

Blimey Rob - Snap out of it man!

As for the new Busa - I think I'm alone in not being underwhelmed. I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh but I hope that they don't try to slap a premium price onto it. That won't work IMHO.

Bike
    A
    [?QUOTE]Blimey Rob - Snap out of it man!

As for the new Busa - I think I'm alone in not being underwhelmed. I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh but I hope that they don't try to slap a premium price onto it. That won't work IMHO.[/QUOTE]

All good Lee, a more refined Busa in some ways makes sense, and it certainly is more refined but that makes it less of a Busa at the same time

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    [?QUOTE]Blimey Rob - Snap out of it man!

As for the new Busa - I think I'm alone in not being underwhelmed. I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh but I hope that they don't try to slap a premium price onto it. That won't work IMHO.
    All good Lee, a more refined Busa in some ways makes sense, and it certainly is more refined but that makes it less of a Busa at the same time [/QUOTE]

You're right Rob - I think that the Busa's reason for being has always been to be the biggest, fastest and mostest bike out there. However the market's moved on (Witness the demise of Honda and Kawasaki's competitors) and so it's no real surprise to see an evolution rather than anything more radical.

The biking press have already made their minds up by the look of it - Which is a shame as I suspect that the bike will have a negative shadow cast over it now which I don't think it deserves.

Bike
    blackbird
    The busa is still a busa nothing new there the gen 3 is just a victim of rumors the long awaited turbo or bigger engine, fastest again but no it dissapointed the legacy fans. it's possible its just the Best busa produced yet! they are highly addictive to ride just so good hats off to suzuki for giving us such a cool bike to ride anyone who hasn't ridden one needs to it could be a bucket list bike

Thread Information