Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fines on an unregistered bike.

Bike
    1980 GSX400

Support Fines on an unregistered bike.

Howdy all,

I was being a prat and went out briefly to road-test some recent work done myself on a 400cc (LAMS), parked up for a bit and of course Auckland Transport pinged it for being unregistered ($200) because I'm not quite ready to get everything legal in one sitting.

Now, the bike isn't registered to me (although I legally own it, transfer/sale doc signed by local police a while ago). They didn't have it towed or anything.

Are they going to flag this in some way? The plate on it has long since expired (early 2000s) and there was nothing on the bike to ID me.

Obviously, I when I re-reg it wont be the same plate issued.

Cheers,

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Bit of an ooops parking an illegal bike somewhere it can be seen by parking wardens. Throw the ticket away and see what happens. If a reminder comes in the mail pay it. If there's no reminder, there's no problem.

Make the bike legal before you attract any more $200 fines, the current arrangement seems like false economy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1980 GSX400
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    If there's no reminder, there's no problem.

Make the bike legal before you attract any more $200 fines, the current arrangement seems like false economy.
    Yeah mate noted, and this is what I'll do. I'm a touch concerned it might come up when I truck it over to VTNZ but I suppose as far as they're concerned the bike has no plates (just a VIN) and anyway, I'm doubtful VTNZ will be looking at AT fine notices.

I didn't bother trying to approach the warden regardless, the man was doing his job and fairly wouldn't have cared that I genuinely was indeed taking it to a very brief "what else is left thats causing issues" test ride. Although I am aware a lot of guys out there ride without any rego/wof just to make some sort of statement.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWolfOfCanaryWharf View Post
    Yeah mate noted, and this is what I'll do. I'm a touch concerned it might come up when I truck it over to VTNZ but I suppose as far as they're concerned the bike has no plates (just a VIN) and anyway, I'm doubtful VTNZ will be looking at AT fine notices.

I didn't bother trying to approach the warden regardless, the man was doing his job and fairly wouldn't have cared that I genuinely was indeed taking it to a very brief "what else is left thats causing issues" test ride. Although I am aware a lot of guys out there ride without any rego/wof just to make some sort of statement.
    The offence is committed at the time the vehicle is observed. Subsequently being identified as the owner doesn't mean you owned it at the time of the offence.

Good on you for putting on your big boys pants and just sucking it up. Not a single mention of revenue collecting.

You and my new hero.

Bike
    1980 GSX400
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Good on you for putting on your big boys pants and just sucking it up. Not a single mention of revenue collecting.
    Thanks for the response here. Makes perfect sense in hindsight.

Eh, I'm sure you feel the same but I'm fairly unimpressed by the attitude some riders have, they give the rest of us a bad name (fully acknowledging the irony of the statement given the subject of this post).

As a young rider in my early 20's, I'm not loving how we tend to be seen by some public services (police etc.), media and the public itself. I get it, my demographic isn't known for their frontal lobe development - but I'd rather no contribute to that view. If i get a notice, I'll be paying it. But if I don't, well, that's just means I can get the bike legal a bit sooner.

Thanks again.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Thanks for the response here. Makes perfect sense in hindsight.

Eh, I'm sure you feel the same but I'm fairly unimpressed by the attitude some riders have, they give the rest of us a bad name (fully acknowledging the irony of the statement given the subject of this post).

As a young rider in my early 20's, I'm not loving how we tend to be seen by some public services (police etc.), media and the public itself. I get it, my demographic isn't known for their frontal lobe development - but I'd rather no contribute to that view. If i get a notice, I'll be paying it. But if I don't, well, that's just means I can get the bike legal a bit sooner.

Thanks again.
    The purceivd "Bad Big Boy" view some bikers have is just stipid. It's not the 1960s any more.I've found most motorist I've come across in the last 12 months have been generally very good. Ok you have the odd jerk/jerless. I'm finding finding young females are worse tham blokes after having had to deal with the drug dealing, car theiving jerks that use to live across the roa for the past three years. Sorry if I hurt some KB members sensibilities with that statement. Just joiking, I'm not.

Bike
    1980 GSX400
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    The purceivd "Bad Big Boy" view some bikers have is just stipid. It's not the 1960s any more.I've found most motorist I've come across in the last 12 months have been generally very good. Ok you have the odd jerk/jerless. I'm finding finding young females are worse tham blokes after having had to deal with the drug dealing, car theiving jerks that use to live across the roa for the past three years. Sorry if I hurt some KB members sensibilities with that statement. Just joiking, I'm not.
    Yeah I mean, at least just from what I've been noticing, the "wrong sort" riders are now mostly just young lads around my age who don't have the proper gear, road skills, sense or bike (sorry Kawa ninja owners, most of ya'll scare me) and convert themselves or others into strawberry jam, leaving society to wonder why the hell motorcycles are legal.

Compared to the leather-vest-wearing, bank-dine-and-dashing, hog-riding, beard-billowing-in-the-breeze unit with forearms like pigs in plastic bags: the new sort of "bad sort" is so much worse than these gents. No style at all in a Brad or a Jarrod blatting down a highstreet wearing sandals and board shorts on a 1.1L ninja, only to detonate a pensioner.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Yeah I mean, at least just from what I've been noticing, the "wrong sort" riders are now mostly just young lads around my age who don't have the proper gear, road skills, sense or bike (sorry Kawa ninja owners, most of ya'll scare me) and convert themselves or others into strawberry jam, leaving society to wonder why the hell motorcycles are legal.

Compared to the leather-vest-wearing, bank-dine-and-dashing, hog-riding, beard-billowing-in-the-breeze unit with forearms like pigs in plastic bags: the new sort of "bad sort" is so much worse than these gents. No style at all in a Brad or a Jarrod blatting down a highstreet wearing sandals and board shorts on a 1.1L ninja, only to detonate a pensioner.
    It's not a high percentage of young'ns. They have a better selection of training courses now days. There were none when I started riding and a lot less road users of course. It's more the second childhood types as well as riders who are ancient and riding bikes with more power/speed then the fastest/more powerfull bikes they were riding 30/40 years ago having "issues". Stats are out there to verify that.

It's good to see younger folk interested in motorcycle nd motorcycle related things. After all you'll are the future. Us oldies woud have turn up our toes in the next few decades .

Bike
    suzuki
    Obviously, I when I re-reg it wont be the same plate issued.

Cheers,
    that's not obvious, it's easily able to be done

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    You and my new hero.
    you need to get out more

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you need to get out more
    Wouldn't expect anything else after spending so much time riding a BeeEmWoobleYu.

Could rastuscat be pritchs secretive BMW contact?

Bike
    1980 GSX400
    It's good to see younger folk interested in motorcycle nd motorcycle related things. After all you'll are the future. Us oldies woud have turn up our toes in the next few decades .
    We've gotta have some role models. I got into riding a couple of years ago because, as a student, I would witness 50-something+'s gliding around the hills of North Dunedin and thought - damn, he's got the biggest smile on his face I've ever seen. I need to get behind that.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    We've gotta have some role models. I got into riding a couple of years ago because, as a student, I would witness 50-something+'s gliding around the hills of North Dunedin and thought - damn, he's got the biggest smile on his face I've ever seen. I need to get behind that.
    I know how he felt. Riding is my "Happy place".Always feel better after a 100km plus ride.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Wouldn't expect anything else after spending so much time riding a BeeEmWoobleYu.

Could rastuscat be pritchs secretive BMW contact?
    Egg. 10 char.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    The new type of 'baddie bikie' around my region is the MMM types... boosting around town on V-rods with 500 section rear tyres and red nike's

Nike Bikies....
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Thread Information