Thread: KTM 990 ADVENTURE rear disk

Bike
    All sorts

KTM 990 ADVENTURE rear disk

Hi anyone recommend best place to get a rear disc for one of these? My current disc is far too wobbly (floating I know but this is very wobbly) Where in Auckland is there the largest in stock selection of discs? If that doesn't exist where can I order one that will get to me quickly. Cheers.

Any one else own one of these bikes? I just got this one and can see that they are a little "special" when it comes to maintenance.

Bike
    Sold
    You might like to consider eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-990-R-A...sAAOSwB99dZuVj . They're normally cheaper than NZ. I buy all my KTM accessories from overseas and haven't had a bad experience. I must say though that when the front rotors warped on my KTM 790, both Boyds in Hamilton and KTM NZ didn't muck about and they were replaced under warranty pretty swiftly. KB'er Gremlin has the bigger version of yours so he may have some valuable info.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    No, my KTM only has 9xxx km on it, so I hope it doesn't need discs...

I don't think I've seen anyone hold wide stock levels of discs as there so many models, you're not replacing every service etc. Metal gear is often the go to for aftermarket, at least, many dealers will suggest. Otherwise some go for OEM, or order overseas for the likes of Galfer etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '13 KTM 1190 Adventure R
    Blog Entries

Brake rotor

I purchased 2 front rotors for my 990 a couple of years back from Slaven's Racing - rear rotor here

NB Check the fitment tab on that webpage for 990 compatible rotor
    TRUTH, n. An ingenious compound of desirability and appearance. ~ The Devil's Dictionary

Bike
    All sorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    You might like to consider eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-990-R-A...sAAOSwB99dZuVj . They're normally cheaper than NZ. I buy all my KTM accessories from overseas and haven't had a bad experience. I must say though that when the front rotors warped on my KTM 790, both Boyds in Hamilton and KTM NZ didn't muck about and they were replaced under warranty pretty swiftly. KB'er Gremlin has the bigger version of yours so he may have some valuable info.
    Thanks for the advice. Which sites in particular do you go to for your ktm parts. I am thinking, oil change kit, gaskets the usual stuff. Or is there a local supplier you use for that kind of stuff? Are there other sites you go to for KTM accessories?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by swanman View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Which sites in particular do you go to for your ktm parts. I am thinking, oil change kit, gaskets the usual stuff. Or is there a local supplier you use for that kind of stuff? Are there other sites you go to for KTM accessories?
    My 790 is the road version so I'm not sure that my purchases will be relevant to you for adventure work. It's still under a 2 year warranty so things like filters are still done as part of warranty services. I use Boyds in Hamilton and it's worth doing the 320 km round trip because they're on top of their game. My on-line purchases are for accessories rather than OEM parts but these people in the US have an excellent reputation: https://www.ktmpartsnation.com/ . I know a lot of people use FC Moto in Germany for accessories. For things like aftermarket levers, carbon muffler, tail pack etc, I buy through AliExpress and so far, everything has been of good quality at great prices. My mini screen came from Ermax in France but that was a style choice and was expensive to ship to NZ. Crash protection via R&G in the UK.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanman View Post
    These guys are starting to get my buying... https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information