Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbags, hmmm.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Opps.

He often makes good sense explaining stuff, but I feel he overstretches on some of his editorial conclusions
    Yep, I quite like him but his conclusions on chain lubricants was technically incorrect.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    He often makes good sense explaining stuff, but I feel he overstretches on some of his editorial conclusions

The battery thing is just another example. When was the last time your smartphone actually went dead flat?
    Agreed. But I must admit there are times where I go to head out somewhere and see my phone is at mid 20's charge and realise it won't last. Planned trips out not so much, but spontaneous ones more so.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    But I must admit there are times where I go to head out somewhere and see my phone is at mid 20's charge and realise it won't last
    You do realise you can go riding without one like we used to back in the olden days ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    You do realise you can go riding without one like we used to back in the olden days ?
    You read too much into that my friend, on my bike I couldn't care less if my phone is charged or dead. But if I'm heading out for a social night and need my phone to say order an uber home then I need it to be charged.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Exactly. On the bike the phone is there in case I need it. Generally it'll be turned off, otherwise it's using up the battery endlessly searching for different cel towers and will not have as much battery in the event I actually need it.

Seriously, there is plenty chat time without needing to chat while riding.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Exactly. On the bike the phone is there in case I need it. Generally it'll be turned off, otherwise it's using up the battery endlessly searching for different cel towers and will not have as much battery in the event I actually need it.

Seriously, there is plenty chat time without needing to chat while riding.
    Check my post above. I think F5 Dave was talking about cell phone battery charge in general life, not for riding specifically. However if your cell phone battery is running out that quick though from just searching for towers then I would suggest you need a new phone. I only need my cell on a ride for an emergency and I've taken it on 4hr rides with less than 50% numerous times, and surprise it's still at roughly the same level 2hrs later when i check it to see if my children etc have contacted me.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 4th March 2021 at 19:03.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. But I must admit there are times where I go to head out somewhere and see my phone is at mid 20's charge and realise it won't last. Planned trips out not so much, but spontaneous ones more so.
    Prior planning. . Blah blah blah, something.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Prior planning. . Blah blah blah, something.
    Prior planning for an unplanned event? Like some friends saying hey let’s go for dinner and head to the bar after.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 4th March 2021 at 18:46.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I am immortal until the day I die...unless I'm not breathing, air won't save me...

...if I was in a ditch with the lower leg bones sticking half way out my arse, a fully charged cell battery could save me...you could add broked ribs, smashed clavicles, floppy wrists...etc...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I am immortal until the day I die...unless I'm not breathing, air won't save me...

...if I was in a ditch with the lower leg bones sticking half way out my arse, a fully charged cell battery could save me...you could add broked ribs, smashed clavicles, floppy wrists...etc...
    The only reason cell phone batteries came into this topic was as an analogy for airbag vest batteries being flat before you go for a ride.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    The battery thing is just another example. When was the last time your smartphone actually went dead flat?
    I know it's just a point but, earlier this week. Irritating and it gets charged every night, just had a very busy day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Get out!

yeah yeah, I often turn off my mobile when either I can, or I'm doing decent distance and I don't need it wasting battery searching for towers (airplane mode is also good like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    The only reason cell phone batteries came into this topic was as an analogy for airbag vest batteries being flat before you go for a ride.
    ...all relevant to the drift...I'd rather know I had backup than an airbag..., you gotta die of something at the end of the day...you didn't... fucked you up, but yer still going hard, doing it...

...can't remember how many bones I've broken riding two wheels...lotsa luck means I'm immortal 'til the day I die...spoke to my dad on a Bell Telephone a few moments before he died...I was 12,000 miles away...phones are cool...

...much better than a dirtbag...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Check my post above. I think F5 Dave was talking about cell phone battery charge in general life, not for riding specifically. However if your cell phone battery is running out that quick though from just searching for towers then I would suggest you need a new phone. I only need my cell on a ride for an emergency and I've taken it on 4hr rides with less than 50% numerous times, and surprise it's still at roughly the same level 2hrs later when i check it to see if my children etc have contacted me.
    I originally brought a cell phone to have with me on solo rides. If I should have need of a phone I want a fully charged one. YMMV.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Cell phones?

Pah, better off with flares where we ride. Reception is nil.

Actually, better off with one of those gps things that call for a helicopter. It's the only way out if you can't ride or walk.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Plenty of Airbags here talk about a thread hijack - Cellphones - jeepers LMAO
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information