Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Valentine's Day cluster

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Matthew Hooter is, in my view, a fascist cunt that will be second against the wall when I rule you all. And I will.

I actually read that spiel and my view is that he is a fascist cunt, and he should go fuck himself. I trust this assists. Also its behind the harold paywall and they can go fuck themselves too.

fucking neshnul shill FFFFFFFUUUUUU
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    NZ has already achieved herd immunity? According to the governments and their tellybox comms, infected people have been oot and aboot without there being any new cases. Makes perfect sense
    I have not heard any sane person claim herd immunity. Where do you imagine you heard that? Herd immunity requires about 80% of the population to be vaccinated. That's a long way off.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And that why he too is on ignore. Not sane.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    And that why he too is on ignore. Not sane.
    Yeah, I have him on ignore but I sneaked a peek. A mistake. It could still be a good day however.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I have not heard any sane person claim herd immunity. Where do you imagine you heard that? Herd immunity requires about 80% of the population to be vaccinated. That's a long way off.
    Oh I see, only vaccination can provide herd immunity
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Herd immunity requires about 80% of the population to be vaccinated. That's a long way off.

From the WHO website...

'Herd immunity', also known as 'population immunity', is the indirect protection from an infectious disease that happens when a population is immune either through vaccination or immunity developed through previous infection

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

The time it takes the community to reach herd immunity status depends on the reproduction number of the virus ... The reproduction number is the average number of people that a single person with the virus can infect if those people aren’t (already) immune. Researchers think that the reproduction number for COVID-19 is between 2 and 3. This means that one person can infect two to three other people. It also means 50% to 67% of the population would need to be resistant before herd immunity kicks in and the infection rates start to go down.

I have not heard ANY member of the medical community claim any of the Covid vaccines currently being given out (World wide) is GUARANTEED to make you immune from the virus. Or stop you spreading it ... you may be just carrying the virus ... but not affected by it.
    And some of those vaccinated may STILL get infected by the virus.

And I have not heard that if you are tested and get a negative result ... that it is because you are immune to the virus. It only means (for certain) that you haven't got it (yet).

It might only mean that you have not been in close (enough) contact with any infected person.

To ALL of you ... THAT should be your aim.

If you're feeling lucky ... buy a lotto ticket.

Good luck with that too ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Oh I see, only vaccination can provide herd immunity
    Herd immunity is only assured if nobody in the herd has the virus.

Doing nothing to prevent being infected is probably not wise. As it is with road safety ... the more steps you take to stay safe ... the greater the likelihood you will be.

Nobody wants to be the first one in their family to catch the virus. Or the first to be killed in a road accident.

Stay safe.

Just saying ...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

Doing nothing to prevent being infected is probably not wise. As it is with road safety ... the more steps you take to stay safe ... the greater the likelihood you will be.

Nobody wants to be the first one in their family to catch the virus. Or the first to be killed in a road accident.

Stay safe.

Just saying ...
    Everyone can have the virus in a vaccinated population, yet there can be herd immunity. Natural herd immunity must be different then innit to make your only an only.

The road to hell is often paved with good intentions... as proven by the otherwise perfectly healthy people who are now dead/injured because they took a vaccination.

Indeed, stay safe in whatever way You consider most appropriate for You.

Ken wit a mean n nat no.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Everyone can have the virus in a vaccinated population ...
    Even the scientists tell us the "Herd immunity" won't keep the entire herd safe. Or the entire vaccinated population.

Even good plans have flaws.

Just saying ...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Even the scientists tell us the "Herd immunity" won't keep the entire herd safe. Or the entire vaccinated population.

Even good plans have flaws.

Just saying ...
    Hence, Everyone CAN have the virus in a vaccinated population blah blah blah ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    More specifically - it works if the person or people within the herd only have interaction with those that have immunity (either from previous infection or vaccination), which breaks the transmission of the virus to outside the herd.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    From the WHO website...

'Herd immunity', also known as 'population immunity', is the indirect protection from an infectious disease that happens when a population is immune either through vaccination or immunity developed through previous infection
    The quote is irrelevant. NZ does not currently have a significant population that have developed immunity through infection. Hopefully that will continue to be the case. That leaves vaccination.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    More specifically - it works if the person or people within the herd only have interaction with those that have immunity (either from previous infection or vaccination), which breaks the transmission of the virus to outside the herd.
    Even MORE specifically ... if you don't have any interaction with anybody that has the virus ... you won't get it.

Immunity does not mean you can't CARRY it (and spread the virus to those NOT immune) ... it just means you are immune from it's effects.

Thread Information