Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Valentine's Day cluster

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The quote is irrelevant. NZ does not currently have a significant population that have developed immunity through infection. Hopefully that will continue to be the case. That leaves vaccination.
    Irrelevant. Hmmmmm, let's see now. A vaccination that has the POTENTIAL to protect 70%, maybe 80% at a push v's a known natural survival rate of 99.x%... and you think everything else is irrelevant because vaccination is our best bet. That has to be the singularly most stupid statement you have ever made, and that is saying something!
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    The quote is irrelevant. NZ does not currently have a significant population that have developed immunity through infection. Hopefully that will continue to be the case. That leaves vaccination.
    Not irrelevant at all when you consider your statement, "I have not heard any sane person claim herd immunity. Where do you imagine you heard that? Herd immunity requires about 80% of the population to be vaccinated. That's a long way off." which is just wrong.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 7th March 2021 at 17:19.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Not irrelevant at all when you consider your statement, "I have not heard any sane person claim herd immunity. Where do you imagine you heard that? Herd immunity requires about 80% of the population to be vaccinated. That's a long way off." which is just wrong.
    It's completely irrelevant. In the absence of any immunity from infection in this country, vaccination is the answer. The percentages vary, I saw the Pom expert quoting 60% but I've also read 80%, and on the usual basis more is better I'll stick with that. That Pom expert doesn't currently have a very good record anyway.

Also you need to consider the context. I was replying to this:
    "NZ has already achieved herd immunity? According to the governments and their tellybox comms, infected people have been oot and aboot without there being any new cases. Makes perfect sense "

Anyhoo if you still feel like an argument carry on without me.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    It's completely irrelevant. In the absence of any immunity from infection in this country, vaccination is the answer. The percentages vary, I saw the Pom expert quoting 60% but I've also read 80%, and on the usual basis more is better I'll stick with that. That Pom expert doesn't currently have a very good record anyway.

Also you need to consider the context. I was replying to this:
    "NZ has already achieved herd immunity? According to the governments and their tellybox comms, infected people have been oot and aboot without there being any new cases. Makes perfect sense "

Anyhoo if you still feel like an argument carry on without me.
    You missed the question mark. I never said anyone has said what you said that I said they said. Your context is wrong.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Irrelevant. Hmmmmm, let's see now. A vaccination that has the POTENTIAL to protect 70%, maybe 80% at a push v's a known natural survival rate of 99.x%... and you think everything else is irrelevant because vaccination is our best bet. That has to be the singularly most stupid statement you have ever made, and that is saying something!
    the observed mortality rate for Covid ranges from 1.4-9%.
    the USA at 1.8 and the UK at 2.9% and Italy at 3.3%
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality.
    As the whole idea of vaccination is that it prevents people from catching the virus from passing on the virus and from dying from the virus
    You seem to have decided on a number you are happy with at 1% yet you apparently do not accept a 100 times less death rate as a result of the vaccine.
    The vaccination for TB has about the same level of effectiveness yet has whipped out TB from the developed world, but you know better?
    Out of interest what is your medical training consist of again?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There was a thread on Twitter yesterday, from the USA of course. People writing bad restaurant reviews because of tastless food. The writers apparently blissfully unaware that they have the virus and are ethusiastically spreading it.

The stupidity continues with people visiting Florida for Bike Week and Spring Break and then likely taking the disease home with them all across the USA.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    There was a thread on Twitter yesterday, from the USA of course. People writing bad restaurant reviews because of tastless food. The writers apparently blissfully unaware that they have the virus and are ethusiastically spreading it.

The stupidity continues with people visiting Florida for Bike Week and Spring Break and then likely taking the disease home with them all across the USA.
    Cause like NO worries be EVER made that complaint before lol....

Yes the freedom continues.... good thing the virus is tactically aware and doesn’t go to BLM protests or Democrat election celebration parties...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

Yes the freedom continues.... good thing the virus is tactically aware and doesn’t go to BLM protests or Democrat election celebration parties...
    But but pritch did state Germany had created a vaccine for Covid 10.and Trump wanted to pinch it

OH! and his ignore function has broken once again.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

People may have made that complaint previously, but it seems to have escaped your notice that there has now been a pandemic for over a year caused by a virus the first symptoms of which are often loss of smell and taste.

Parts of Florida have announced an urgent shut down, there is a curfew and guests are confined to their hotels. The mass partying scared officials. It might have been better if they had just remembered what happened last year. But hey it is Forida...

Thread Information