Thread: Vtr250 Rev gauge wiring

Bike
    Honda vtr250 2002

Vtr250 Rev gauge wiring

Hi, I have just got a 2002 Vtr250 that came with some spares including a 2005 vtr250 speedo tacho that has the rev gauge and speedo.

Got it installed and everything on there working expect the temperature gauge and rev’s only rev half as high as they should.

I have wired to one side of one of the coils- do I need to wire the other coil somehow to the rev gauge?
    Has anyone done this gauge swap before and got it all to work?

A wiring diagram of the 2005 tacho would be great as Im not really sure what the last remaining two wires are for that come from the tacho side. Figured 1 or both of those remaining wires were for the temperature gauge that I have not wired up...?

Thanks!

Bike
    bike sold :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtr250_2002 View Post
    Hi, I have just got a 2002 Vtr250 that came with some spares including a 2005 vtr250 speedo tacho that has the rev gauge and speedo.

Got it installed and everything on there working expect the temperature gauge and rev’s only rev half as high as they should.

I have wired to one side of one of the coils- do I need to wire the other coil somehow to the rev gauge?
    Has anyone done this gauge swap before and got it all to work?

A wiring diagram of the 2005 tacho would be great as Im not really sure what the last remaining two wires are for that come from the tacho side. Figured 1 or both of those remaining wires were for the temperature gauge that I have not wired up...?

Thanks!
    DO NOT WIRE THE REV COUNTER TO THE SECOND COIL, this will just stop the bike running by shorting the two coils out and may cause the CDI unit to fail. the instruments you have would have had a feed from the cdi on the 2005 model to drive the rev counter so that it shows correct RPM, can't remember if the 2002 model has this (to many years since I was doing this for a job)

Thread Information