Thread: Upskilling - Trial Clinics For Adventure Riders

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650

Upskilling - Trial Clinics For Adventure Riders

I've been riding off road and adventure riding for a long time now, I'm no beginner, I consider myself at the high end of average, there seem to be more riders less capable than me on group rides than riders that are better, though there are still plenty that are better. I'm pretty consistent in what I do, don't usually fall and get through most terrain I go at fairly well but I had plateaued, I wasn't really progressing anymore and I'd even go as far as to say I'd started choosing easier rides over the challenging ones.
    So with a little push on the weekend I've just attended one of these bike control courses on my WR250R along with others on T700's and a variety of other bike sizes.
    It was great fun and showed me even an old dog can learn new tricks, and make some improvements on old tricks I had thought I was already doing well.
    Now I have renewed confidence and some techniques to practice, I'm looking forward to the next level as this was just the level one clinic. Bring it on

This is in Canterbury at the moment, but who knows what will happen with enough interest in the future.
    You can find more info and dates here: https://events.humanitix.com/trial-c...venture-riders
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I hope an event like that happens up here.

I've been practicing on a trials bike for a few years now, using cross training videos (Barry) as my inspiration.

The improvement in my technique is huge, on all bikes.

Be really nice to actually get some coaching rather than just "having a crack".

Good work.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I hope an event like that happens up here.

I've been practicing on a trials bike for a few years now, using cross training videos (Barry) as my inspiration.

The improvement in my technique is huge, on all bikes.

Be really nice to actually get some coaching rather than just "having a crack".

Good work.
    I haven't tried them myself, but you might consider these guys if you're anywhere close:

https://www.broxy.co.nz/

Sent from my OnePlus7T using Tapatalk

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    I haven't tried them myself, but you might consider these guys if your anywhere close:

https://www.broxy.co.nz/

Sent from my OnePlus7T using Tapatalk
    Cheers. They do indeed have a clinic at my usual stomping ground in late April. Looks to be Moto X focused, though. I'm a bit long in the tooth to learn how to clear a table top.

Trials and hard enduro are more my bag, falling off slowly.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information