Thread: Getting a bike for NZ ride.

Bike
    Moto guzzi V7, SV650X, Kawasaki sherpa

Getting a bike for NZ ride.

I've just read the last 7 pages of posts and picked up on any that talked about acquiring a bike for touring NZ.
    What was unexpected was the mention of two firms (Cambridge Car hire and Colemens) as being good deals.

I have already arranged mine - buying a new DR650 from Holeshot but I wish i'd known earlier that Colemans will do a long term hire of a SV650 for $60 a day.. At $1800 it might be a lot less hassly than reselling the DR when I leave.

However the issue for my partner is that she is really only comfortable on her little DR200 and I can't find a hire firm that has one. A 650 is no good.

Colemans have got a DL250 with a low seat height so that would be OK. Problem - she flys into Ch Ch and doesn't want to ride from Ak.
    Because we are doing Hakatarmea, danseys, and molesworth, it has to be dirt focussed.

Does anyone know of a Sth Island company that is hiring small bikes. all the ones on the Google page are 650s

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Um, dude? You do realise getting spots in miq is quite difficult? Quite an operation to tie it all together. Work has been trying for some staff but its not really very easy.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Um, dude? You do realise getting spots in miq is quite difficult? Quite an operation to tie it all together. Work has been trying for some staff but its not really very easy.
    There you go again. A totally negitive post without actually helping the OP.

A KB member may well be able to help out the OP or know someone who well. That is what KB is about. Sharing and passing on good information to other riders, whether they be local or overseas.

There are a few KB members like you supposedly "in the trade". I suspect you lot don't even know how to use a tyre pressure gauge,

Bike
    yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    There you go again. A totally negitive post without actually helping the OP.

A KB member may well be able to help out the OP or know someone who well. That is what KB is about. Sharing and passing on good information to other riders, whether they be local or overseas.

There are a few KB members like you supposedly "in the trade". I suspect you lot don't even know how to use a tyre pressure gauge,
    where is does it say he/she is in trade, second wants is unhelpful about the post I think the opposite is true are you sure that OP is aware of the Miq situation, anyway that maybe obsolete soon For Aussie at least.

and lastly do you know how to use a tyre air pressure gauge, You most likely don't even own one. Even if you do, you probably use it as Pound per square inch and not the new metric measurement. You do know we have changed to metric measurements and decimal system for currency now.

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by beama View Post
    where is does it say he/she is in trade, second wants is unhelpful about the post I think the opposite is true are you sure that OP is aware of the Miq situation, anyway that maybe obsolete soon For Aussie at least.

and lastly do you know how to use a tyre air pressure gauge, You most likely don't even own one a even if you do you proberly use it as Pound per square inch and not the new metric measurement. you do know we have changed to metric measurements and decimal system for currency now.
    Slow down buddy. Capitals, full stops, spelling - you know, sentence construction. It's not that hard...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport

and lastly do you know how to use a tyre air pressure gauge, You most likely don't even own one. Even if you do, you probably use it as Pound per square inch and not the new metric measurement. You do know we have changed to metric measurements and decimal system for currency now.
    But I do my dear in fact I have an air compressor in my garage as well as a comprehensive set of tools including a digital imperial and meitric digital calipers, Optilux timing light for stetting up the points on my !976 Honda CB550F on which I rebiult the engine on and it now has 164.000km plus kms on original standard sized pistons and it still runs sweet, cylinder compression test set, carb sync gauges, and a lot lot more..I even fit my m/c tyres by hand using tyre levers.I am 61 years young. I wont even let a motorcycle mechanic work on my motorcles unless it is somthing I cannot accomplish. I've been working on my own m/c since 1978 on my Honda CJ250 which was the first bike I owned and 18 at the time

I also do my own ABS plastic repairs and repaints/touch ups.

I also do my electrical fault finding and repairs.

I can swop between metric and imperial measurements Do do realise wheel rtim sizes are measured in inches?

Now you were saying?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0061.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	550.9 KB 
ID:	348745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0060.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	588.0 KB 
ID:	348746  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dave.

I can't read what boner says as he's on ignore for just being nasty. It's more than a pattern and people are Noticing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hi Dave.

I can't read what boner says as he's on ignore for just being nasty. It's more than a pattern and people are Noticing.
    Oooh you poor wee thing you.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing Dave View Post
    Slow down buddy. Capitals, full stops, spelling - you know, sentence construction. It's not that hard...
    It is for him ...

Just saying ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... and lastly do you know how to use a tyre air pressure gauge, You most likely don't even own one. Even if you do, you probably use it as Pound per square inch and not the new metric measurement. You do know we have changed to metric measurements and decimal system for currency now.
    Funnily enough ... as long as you (or he) knows the correct measurement ... be it in the metric or the imperial system ... it will still do the job.

Funnily enough ... a lot of the old measuring devices are still as accurate as they were when they were first made. And even funnier ... the "New" measuring devices usually have both the metric AND imperial readings on them.

If your post was just to give him a hard time ... you failed.

It looks more like YOU don't know what you talking about ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information