Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Katiepie - 10 years on with gentle tears in my eyes, but warmth in my heart

  1. #16
    Join Date
    12th August 2013 - 20:01
    Bike
    R6
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    I don't know the details of your crash was but it would certainly pay to have the bike thoroughly looked over, frame crack tested, wheel allinignment etc. There may well be damage that you can not see by the naked eye and cause handling issues or completely fail while you are riding it.
    Hey bud, thanks for the welcome.

    Thankfully all is ok with my bike in that sense. Had some pretty amazing humans help me rebuild it after the crash those many years ago. But alas, due to the financial hardship that comes with a major life event the bike became something I could not longer keep on top of. She's been sitting at my mechanics for 18 months now with a blown head gasket, dropped cylinders and a handful of other issues that I've been working hard to save up for and get repaired.

    So close now... and nothing will make me happier than to climb back on the bike that has become apart of me and learn how to ride again

  2. #17
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Suzuki
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,203
    Welcome home mate!
    From the heart of my bottom.
    Love ya work Katiepie, always have, always will.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  3. #18
    Join Date
    12th August 2013 - 20:01
    Bike
    R6
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    From the heart of my bottom.
    And what a delight that is.

    Thank you lovely. I think of you often and really hope our paths cross again in the future. Your support over the years has been treasured in every way.

    Big hugs from Welly. Hope life is treating you kindly x

  4. #19
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    Hey bud, thanks for the welcome.

    Thankfully all is ok with my bike in that sense. Had some pretty amazing humans help me rebuild it after the crash those many years ago. But alas, due to the financial hardship that comes with a major life event the bike became something I could not longer keep on top of. She's been sitting at my mechanics for 18 months now with a blown head gasket, dropped cylinders and a handful of other issues that I've been working hard to save up for and get repaired.

    So close now... and nothing will make me happier than to climb back on the bike that has become apart of me and learn how to ride again
    That's good to hear.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,312
    Hi Katiepie, lovely to hear how you are doing. I'd already put a comment via the user reputation feedback then thought I'd better look back on KB a bit.

    Us KBer's don't catch up so much these days. Looking back, this was the last time I saw you when we had our last meet up with Scumdog at Sandbar Pub in Mana back in June 2012. Crikey almost 9 years ago. Small but good crowd came along that night as per this link:

    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130340504
    Cheers

    Merv

  6. #21
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    10,710
    HI KtTT great to hear from you again Best of luck on your continued journey.
    With adversity comes both wisdom and perspective.
    And chicks dig scars......


  7. #22
    Join Date
    11th February 2007 - 21:35
    Bike
    Kawasaki EN500
    Location
    xxxxx
    Posts
    129
    Hi Katie, you are an amazing survivor, in all aspects. May the future continue to shine brightly for you

  8. #23
    Join Date
    16th December 2006 - 11:22
    Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Location
    In the hedge
    Posts
    404
    I recognise your username, but that's about it and I have no recollection of your crash. (Although, having just looked back at your posts, I do remember that thread about the state of your driveway.)

    However, good on you for sharing such a personal and heartfelt post.

    Although I don't know you, I'm genuinely glad to hear that you're on the mend. Good things tend to happen to those who never give up and keep on fighting for a better future.

    If you keep up that attitude I'm sure you will go far in whatever you put your mind to.

    Sent from my SHT-AL09 using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    17th August 2005 - 11:00
    Bike
    Triumph Bonnie, KTM 2 smoker!
    Location
    East Auckland
    Posts
    4,140
    So Surprised to see your post.

    I don't often wander out of MotoGp thread Kiwibiker isn't quite what it was back in the day lol.
    That day you crashed was a lucky day and was a trial and test in survival for you.
    Congrats on the new home, good to hear your doing well.
    10 years - far out soooo glad you hung onto your bike.
    There is nothing like riding food for the soul.
    Good luck for the future Sunshine - onward and upward as they say
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

    'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

  10. #25
    Join Date
    12th August 2013 - 20:01
    Bike
    R6
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Hi Katiepie, lovely to hear how you are doing. I'd already put a comment via the user reputation feedback then thought I'd better look back on KB a bit.

    Us KBer's don't catch up so much these days. Looking back, this was the last time I saw you when we had our last meet up with Scumdog at Sandbar Pub in Mana back in June 2012. Crikey almost 9 years ago. Small but good crowd came along that night as per this link:

    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130340504
    Thanks for the green bling Merv,, really lovely to hear from you.

    I remember that night well. A lot of laughs with bloody great people. Something I have missed most in my post accident life. Laughter, and friendships. Funny old thing that, something that seems so natural and easy to many turns out to be one of my biggest challenges. Ready to start learning again. My skills there are a little rusty.

    Hope you are keeping well. I hope our paths cross again when I'm mobile on 2 wheels again. Perhaps I'll organize a gentle kapiti ride one day as a way of seeing some missed faces.

    X

  11. #26
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Suzuki
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    Thanks for the green bling Merv,, really lovely to hear from you.

    I remember that night well. A lot of laughs with bloody great people. Something I have missed most in my post accident life. Laughter, and friendships. Funny old thing that, something that seems so natural and easy to many turns out to be one of my biggest challenges. Ready to start learning again. My skills there are a little rusty.

    Hope you are keeping well. I hope our paths cross again when I'm mobile on 2 wheels again. Perhaps I'll organize a gentle kapiti ride one day as a way of seeing some missed faces.

    X
    I'd ride to Welly for that one!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  12. #27
    Join Date
    24th June 2004 - 17:27
    Bike
    So old you won't care
    Location
    Kapiti
    Posts
    7,869
    Well its nice to read something where everyones not threatening to punch each other so well done katiepie..

    I hope you are well - Vicki and I often hoped you had managed to get through your dark days and wondered what happened next ;-)

    We all have our dark times and indeed we are in one now as Vicki becomes less well but there are often good days too and they are things to be cherished.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    12th August 2013 - 20:01
    Bike
    R6
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    With adversity comes wisdom and perspective.
    Seeing your name pop up again really makes me smile. Thanks for stopping by to brighten my day.

    I certainly don't have a lot of wisdom, but I will agree that I have a lot of perspective. I have seen and learnt so much that I never expected to from the ages of 26 to 36, including the loss of my father 2 years after my crash, that I have had to really wake up and change my approach to so many things. And I needed too. I often look back at the thought of who I was in those early years makes me shudder, and I am greatful for the lessons.

    It was a funny ol weekend away just now. I have gotten myself so confused with where I am supposed to be that I even discovered a few tears down my face as I reminisced about riding, and how I feel I have lost such a big part of me.

    But things that are lost can often be found again, and I'm actively looking once more.

    right now I'm so tired, and I just don't understand what my brain and body are telling me this week.

    But tomorrow I'll start trying to figure it out again. Because I really need to shake this feeling that doesn't sit well with me. I think I've been a little shaken that by the end of the month I am about to loose the entire contents of my recovery blog due to a website hosting change. Years and years of writing and learning about to disappear, bang on the 10 year mark like I am deleting this decade of my life?

    I was going to use that content to help me write my book as my memory fails of often these days. I am slightly devastated, as dark as some of that writing was, it also saved my life.

    But perhaps simply deleting the past will be a path for a very light future to be built upon? It might be time to start seeing it differently.

    I hope you are well my friend. I have missed you

  14. #29
    Join Date
    12th August 2013 - 20:01
    Bike
    R6
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Hi Katie, you are an amazing survivor, in all aspects. May the future continue to shine brightly for you
    Thank you G. Perhaps just a slow learner who found a way to never give up?

    But the future does excite me greatly. I feel like I am actually just starting life again now that decade is completed, and the pause button resumed.

    I hope you are well and wonderful

  15. #30
    Join Date
    12th August 2013 - 20:01
    Bike
    R6
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    So Surprised to see your post.

    10 years - far out soooo glad you hung onto your bike.
    There is nothing like riding food for the soul.
    I don't think you will know just how much I miss you. I can't quit explain it. But just the kindness from a mate you could always trust, who told you to pull yourself together when you got lost. I stopped listening to myself years ago, and it was the voices of dear friends I longed for the most.

    10 years indeed. It has at times been a desperate fight to hold onto the bike. Especially with the house battle (3 year legal fight, I am spent, literally too lol).

    But I think that's exactly why I am struggling with this anniversary as it arrived. I haven't ridden in so long. I long for it as I long for the career I miss every single day of my life. It's the passion that I can't fill as the bike is a bloody mess and life's priorities took focus.

    But I think I will have her back humming again soon, after 18 months in the workshop. When I hear it start up on the off occasion, even for the few seconds it can stay running for, my heart races, and I feel something inside me that used to be a part of my entire world. Passion.

    I want passion back in my heart, and I'm getting excited that I am now able to find a way to make that happen. I have my safety now, and that was all I was ever fighting for. The rest of the details can now follow and be designed and created.

    I was thinking about our first ride over the weekend while I drunk far too much vodka as I became overwhelmed with emotion. And I think it's a ride I'll never forget. Thank you.

    Hope you and T are amazing. Still got the SV kicking around??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •