Thread: 1951 Norton Dominator project

Bike
    Niftyfifty

1951 Norton Dominator project

You norton lovers will hate this, I got this 51 norton model 7 dominator twin, it’s not worth restoring as the engine is gone as with all tin wear apart from oil tank, I have this big 660cc side valve engine that fits nicely but it’s missing a cople parts but I also have this JAP 600 engine.

I am on the hunt for a JAP UCZ cylinder head if anyone has one??

Also some roadholder fork springs and the internal parts, I have staunchnens and lower legs, and I need a saddle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46369698-EEFE-49CB-BA39-C31596BFA1E7.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	552.2 KB 
ID:	348742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FED394C-1AE6-4561-BBC1-6E9AF4834F3F.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	804.8 KB 
ID:	348743  

Bike
    So old you won't care
    While I'm personally a fan of things/ideas like this I need to offer some caution

The 2 engines look like stationary/Axillary engines and may disappoint you once running. They are designed to run at a constant speed and a shit load powered Railway 'jiggers'

I'm far from an expert on these things - so maybe I'm wrong

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    While I'm personally a fan of things/ideas like this I need to offer some caution

The 2 engines look like stationary/Axillary engines and may disappoint you once running. They are designed to run at a constant speed and a shit load powered Railway 'jiggers'

I'm far from an expert on these things - so maybe I'm wrong
    It’s cool, I have an 8 HP Tecumseh engine in another bike and power is very good and it still has a governor, friend uses the same JAP 600 in his bike and it will do over 80 MPH, I have a stationary engine cam in my side valve ford v8, it was used for driving a large welder, thing will spin the wheels if you let the clutch out at a fast idol, max power is at 2800rpm it has tall gearing and uses less petrol than most modern 4 cylinder cars

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    I got another engine that I will use, its a Norton Big Four side valve 633cc war department engine from 1939 41 ish, its missing the adjustable pushrod / tappits but otherwise is complete.

I am trying to find a 21" front wheel, i have a 19" domi wheel and brake plate if anyone wants to trade?

Bike
    Old Bikes
    How do you intend to use this Norton frame? Race, paddock basher, show piece?

Seems like you are just chucking something together that will never be vinned or rego’d, and buggering good old classic bits in the process.

Do the decent thing and let the Norton bits go to some one that cares.
    Ginge

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    How do you intend to use this Norton frame? Race, paddock basher, show piece?

Seems like you are just chucking something together that will never be vinned or rego’d, and buggering good old classic bits in the process.

Do the decent thing and let the Norton bits go to some one that cares.

Hello mr negative, no one wants this old junk, and no one on NZ has a WD Big Four frame, I like bulding things with the stuff witch would just be scrapped, i am not wrecking anything.

I am putting a Jawa speedway 890 into a Norton featherbed for a guy, got some Ducati forks for it to, its going to be used for classic racing.

Thread Information