Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSF250 1992 GJ74A issues

Bike
    Gsf250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Ithe mechanic said he REBUILT the cardbs. So is up to the machanic to sort it out. If he was having any issues he should have contacted the customer told the customer the problem and deside where to go from there.

The youngin paid good money to have the bike sorted. it wasn't. It is as easy as that.
    Cheers mate,

I got the bike back today and it seemed to run really well ! I’m happy with how it is at the moment, apparently it has cold start issues but works a dream once warm. So will be doing a compression and leak down test.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsf250 GJ74A View Post
    Cheers mate,

I got the bike back today and it seemed to run really well ! I’m happy with how it is at the moment, apparently it has cold start issues but works a dream once warm. So will be doing a compression and leak down test.
    That's good to hear.

Some of the old fucks here on KB are just arrogant bastards towards younger riders basicly learning about motorbicycles in general.. Like one who told you to fuck of out of KB. Those pricks should be jumped on quick smart.

Bike
    Gsf250
    Ithe mechanic said he REBUILT the cardbs. So is up to the machanic to sort it out. If he was having any issues he should have contacted the customer told the customer the problem and deside where to go from there.

The youngin paid good money to have the bike sorted. it wasn't. It is as easy as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Perhaps ... he spent enough of his time (and your money) turning a shitbox motorcycle ... into something rideable. If he'd spent more of his time (and your money) on "Worn out" carbs ... you could have got a later model motorcycle already going (well). Have you actually looked for better carbs for it .. ?? Or even priced getting the one's you have worked on .. ??

You only came on here when everything turned to shit for you. Then were expecting us to make it all good for you.

The guy may well be a good mechanic ... but not a miracle worker.

There's been a few suggestions offered on here ... seems like you have decisions to make.
    I apologise if I came across as rude or asking for too much.. I’m not familiar with these motors (I know I should learn about them more) just thought maybe people would have more insight toward it than myself, which I am very grateful for all the people who have helped out here. It is my first bike and I appreciate you being straight forward here.

And the mechanic is awesome I believe, after picking the bike up today he has seemed to do the best he can as you said to make this bike rideable.

Bike
    Gsf250
    That's good to hear.

Some of the old fucks here on KB are just arrogant bastards towards younger riders basicly learning about motorbicycles in general.. Like one who told you to fuck of out of KB. Those pricks should be jumped on quick smart.
    I can understand where he is coming from, but really we all start somewhere and this is my beginning! Good to see there are a lot of awesome and helpful people in the motorcycle community though.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I can understand where he is coming from, but really we all start somewhere and this is my beginning! Good to see there are a lot of awesome and helpful people in the motorcycle community though.
    We all started somewhere.

If you wore a skirt I'm sure the grumpy old fuckers would've sucked their bellies in and be jumping all over each other trying to help

Ride safely...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    And the mechanic is awesome I believe, after picking the bike up today he has seemed to do the best he can as you said to make this bike rideable.
    Sometimes you need to keep on their backs to get what you want done. I hope it continues to run well for you
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information