Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blasphemy thread

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So while we are here celebrating Easter. A pagan festival of rebirth hence the eggs and fertility hence the bunnies, anyways, we are celebrating that the Romans put jesus to death for the crime of. . . Ironically Blasphemy.

He claimed to be the King of the Jews (how many American evangelical anti semitics sweep that under the carpet? ) which clearly not true as the Jews in general didn't think that and to this day don't.

Maybe he was the son of God. But as the police would say. Hes got Form. For being a lying little cunt.

Of course the Romsn ended up making him a martyr, which they could have avoided if they just ignored him like mist everyone else was at the time except a fringe.

And then they compounded the fiasco by conquering the world and spreading the lie.

That said, I guess now we could be praying to the Spaghetti Monster instead.

It would be an improvement.
    As long as he didn't insist we murder shit tons of people in his name or subjugate 1/2 the population for not being Male, or rape children.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Funny how many of you atheists believe in and follow Gods Laws... just saying....

am the Lord thy God: thou shalt not have strange Gods before me.... so no fake celebrities etc

Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. No one likes name calling lol

Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day.... who wants to work Saturday???

Honour thy father and thy mother.... given for most non feral people

Thou shalt not kill

Thou shalt not commit adultery With my missus

Thou shalt not steal... stay fuck away from my bike

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour *555 speed cameras, Karen’s

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife see adulterous lol

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods again stay away from my bike lol
    ...and your point?...

Bike
    husaberg
    So some builder dude married a virgin bride who later turned out to be pregnant, yet for some reason, she was still a virgin after they got married......seems a bit of a rough deal for builder Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well we washed and sanded down the kitchen, fixed bits and slammed some sealer over the repairs. Finally think we have an accord on colour using testpot on white cardboard after a couple of non starters last week. Heck we'd finished by two.

Could have popped down to Mitre10 and got some paint.

But ooohhh nooo. Not on a Sacred Day. Fuking Krist.

It should be a feast of changing seasons like it used to be. Least we would be able to buy shit we need.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I don't mind the days shops are closed tbh, anything I need I'll get the days before and if it's something I would like on the day, well it's only one day. Nice that retail workers can have a day away.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Well hello you KB Knitting Circle Ladys.

Jesus and the Flying Spaghetti Monster forgive you.

Remembwr to reactivate your ignor functions now, otherwise you will see the post I make and get
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	872.1 KB 
ID:	348816  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    They do get days off and could be time and 1/2 + in liew which is better still. If its worth opening you pay them more. Your choice.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Not to say I'm not happy my wife is at home. Helping me sand.
    So. Hypocrisy. Eat up.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Not to say I'm not happy my wife is at home. Helping me sand.
    So. Hypocrisy. Eat up.
    Was she the one you texted "I told you to not ring me at work"?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I don't mind the days shops are closed tbh, anything I need I'll get the days before and if it's something I would like on the day, well it's only one day. Nice that retail workers can have a day away.
    Interesting to note ... those that usually work their business on stat holiday's and moaning they are not getting their stat holiday off ... still feel keen to add their usual surcharge to the bill on those stat holidays.

Interesting that a religious holiday is now just seen (by the rest) as just another (well) paid day off.

Well ... those that get the day off. I've been working today.

The next big demand will be from everybody on a benefit ... wanting to be paid time and a half on stat holiday's ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I remember it was viewed the same way in the 80's when I was a child, nothing much changed in 40yrs then. I really didn't think the shops being closed for a couple days was such a big deal...

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well we washed and sanded down the kitchen, fixed bits and slammed some sealer over the repairs. Finally think we have an accord on colour using testpot on white cardboard after a couple of non starters last week. Heck we'd finished by two.

Could have popped down to Mitre10 and got some paint.

But ooohhh nooo. Not on a Sacred Day. Fuking Krist.

It should be a feast of changing seasons like it used to be. Least we would be able to buy shit we need.
    Pretty much mirrors my Friday except I'm doing the bathroom. Just planned on sanding and sealing yesterday though and buying paint this morning so no frustrations for me. (Apart from that tiny piece of fibre that is protruding ever so slightly from a plastered hole that I daren't try and remove because i know it's still attached to the board and will cause a mess).
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I remember it was viewed the same way in the 80's when I was a child, nothing much changed in 40yrs then. I really didn't think the shops being closed for a couple days was such a big deal...
    I can remember when on weekends ... New Zealand was closed. Literally.

Easter ... NOTHING was open all weekend. Those that were ... were not supposed to. And like the New World supermarket in Wanaka ... risked a heavy fine. In most cases though ... nobody (that really cared) took any notice.

Those were the day's ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Pretty much mirrors my Friday except I'm doing the bathroom. Just planned on sanding and sealing yesterday though and buying paint this morning so no frustrations for me. (Apart from that tiny piece of fibre that is protruding ever so slightly from a plastered hole that I daren't try and remove because i know it's still attached to the board and will cause a mess).
    There (m10) early to get paint.

And again at 3 as I was optimistic and only got 2l when 2.5 was required.

All cleaned up, tape off - Frogtape is best used. Wife looks around. Not sure I like the colour. , . (Offwhite)

Hey she did at least 1/2 -the work so she can have an opinion.

I'm just glad it's done and no longer palewash milk coffee brown.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I can remember when on weekends ... New Zealand was closed. Literally.

Easter ... NOTHING was open all weekend. Those that were ... were not supposed to. And like the New World supermarket in Wanaka ... risked a heavy fine. In most cases though ... nobody (that really cared) took any notice.

Those were the day's ...

IIRC it was Clement Feud when writing about Australia (somewhat unkindly) concluded with words to the effect, I also visited New Zealand one weekend but it was closed.
    Working overtime on a weekend in Wellington back in the day we wanted to buy some lunch. Couldn't find anything that was open.

Things are better now but I don't think we need universal 24/7 'shop til you drop'. Many people now can't handle shops being shut for a day. "The shops are shut Friday, I'd better buy four extra loaves of bread."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information