Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: journalism?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If you really believe that the PM and Government are as evil as you think, then you must also believe they monitor communications like this, know who you are and where you live. Surely it can only be a matter of time before the black vans (they're always black) arrive and you are disappeared. It's just fortunate for you that lately they have been otherwise occupied with Covid, inflation, and Dr Guarav Sharma - has anyone seen HIM lately?
    Not “Evil” as that usually involves some kind of cleverness to accomplish.... merely illustrating their lust for control over our lives and those of potential political opposition.

You may have missed it in fluff news but there’s so much discontent with Jacinda and co that the security agencies are overwhelmed and only investigating the most severe blatant displays of violent hatred and even then only tracking the few that are actually capable of carry out any kind of attack or event. One could presume that the majority of people unable to pose are threat are prob in that category because their too busy working multiple jobs and raising kids to have time for anything else. Or they are probably victims of the lack of healthcare and incapacitated.

They can’t be monitoring this site or else about a half dozen from here would be in jail for political hate speech, mostly referring to trump supporters should be lined up and shot etc isn’t it odd that the left spectrum is usually the first to suggest violence to solve political problems....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Did someone say where was Gaurev????

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    They can’t be monitoring this site or else about a half dozen from here would be in jail for political hate speech, mostly referring to trump supporters should be lined up and shot etc
    Umm I'm on record as saying the people that support Trump are tragic fuckwits or similar. I'd be interested to see you quote the posts that suggest lining the dim fucks up and shooting them. No rush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.17.56 PM.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	351584  
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 20th August 2022 at 17:26. Reason: Fixing your broken quotes since ages ago
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    More than a few would be candidates to be sectioned, too.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    God his algorithm is desperate now. Its programming itself not only to be stupid but to blatantly lie. A lot like Trump. But trump is a real person, not just some bad Russian programming running on ex soviet hardware.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Umm I'm on record as saying the people that support Trump are tragic fuckwits or similar. I'd be interested to see you quote the posts that suggest lining the dim fucks up and shooting them. No rush.
    While that post was not directed towards you as you can hold a reasoned debate, I have seen it from others, others who should know better too.
    The search tools on this site are a bit cumbersome. Searching shot or lined up and shot both return 406 PAGES of results with about 20 threads on each page. I’m sure somewhere in there people area talking about stuff other than whiskey, photography or great basketball moments....
    In fact it used to be quite a common saying before the prospect of living under real communism made it less funny....

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    So I clicked on a NZ herald video of flood footage on YouTube...

In the background a low bassy ominous tune quietly plays, like what a Hollywood movie would do to set scene etc.
    This is completely unacceptable in a journalistic environment, should be real life sounds or interviews with witnesses only. No big deal you say but next they’ve will be doing it on the stories to come that will demonise fossil fuel vehicles.

Bike
    77 XL250
    journalistic environment... NZ herald....

I admire the optimism.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    So I clicked on a NZ herald video of flood footage on YouTube...

In the background a low bassy ominous tune quietly plays, like what a Hollywood movie would do to set scene etc.
    This is completely unacceptable in a journalistic environment, should be real life sounds or interviews with witnesses only. No big deal you say but next they’ve will be doing it on the stories to come that will demonise fossil fuel vehicles.
    Nothing sinister here, it's just silence/ambient noise isn't allowed anymore. Everything in the lives of the current generation has to have a soundtrack.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    So where’s all the media April fools day stories????

I guess with so much propoganda pieces and fake news there’s no space for a funny fake news piece or is the world gone so bizarro are they worried people wouldn’t notice lol

Bike
    It was on the good
    So where’s all the media April fools day stories????
    suns-out-buns-out-city-dared-get-wet-and-wild

I turned up as well, pricks.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    How convenient that fluff news decides to play the race card leading up to an election.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/3009...tless-searches

What’s really interesting is the dont graph the data against actual offending or convictions.
    If you do the maths it’s only 26 searches a day nationwide over four years and it also corresponds with the massive upsurge in crime much of it by gangs with their own disproportionate ethnic makeup.

So what’s a warrant less search??? Well we’ve all seen police ten 7 where they respond to a violent incident or domestic it’s kinda pertinent to find any weapons used straight away. And the classic car full of stones when they smell drugs.

It would be interesting to see the effect on crime if we went back to the keystone cops style of old days and having to get a judge to issue warrant. I’m sure that extra couple of days to hide your gun from the driveby shooting would restore equality to community. It would hemp reduce crime as cops would find no evidence to convict people.
    Somehow I think would be just like the no pursuit policy outcome…..

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    How convenient that fluff news decides to play the race card leading up to an election.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/3009...tless-searches

What’s really interesting is the dont graph the data against actual offending or convictions.

So what’s a warrant less search??? Well we’ve all seen police ten 7 where they respond to a violent incident or domestic it’s kinda pertinent to find any weapons used straight away. And the classic car full of stoners when they smell drugs.
    It's meant to indicate systemic racism, that Maori are being singled out as offenders. It doesn't matter if the police were justified or had reasonable suspicion to conduct a search.

Two approaches for NZ Police to tackle racial bias;

1. Police shouldn't suspect Maori and let more of them off the hook without biased searches, or
    2. Police should increase the number of unwarranted searches on Asian and European citizens to balance the numbers.

Then there won't be a racial bias anymore.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    If you do the maths it’s only 26 searches a day nationwide over four years and it also corresponds with the massive upsurge in crime.
    There is no massive upsurge in crime. There may have been a massive upsurge in National Party talking points and the associated headlines. In 2023 NZ is the second safest country on earth behind only Iceland. NZ is not perfectly crime free but it is still better than anywhere else on the planet - except Iceland.

There does need to be action taken on the Auckland ram raiders some of whom are repeat offenders but are released to offend yet again.

There is also continuous carping from the right whingers about the economy. Here are some facts on crime and the economy up to date as at yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 9.29.08 AM.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	324.4 KB 
ID:	353572  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    It's meant to indicate systemic racism, that Maori are being singled out as offenders. It doesn't matter if the police were justified or had reasonable suspicion to conduct a search.

Two approaches for NZ Police to tackle racial bias;

1. Police shouldn't suspect Maori and let more of them off the hook without biased searches, or
    2. Police should increase the number of unwarranted searches on Asian and European citizens to balance the numbers.

Then there won't be a racial bias anymore.

Systemic racism is a politically correct con job to disguise real world crime figures. The often used example is police discretion to let people off on dope smoking and speeding etc. Now the root cause here is those from a poorer background probably lack the intellect to talk nicely and not piss off the cop. It would be great if they kept stats on suspect behaviour towards officer.
    So the real solution is no discretion everyone gets a ticket every time, a real hardcore regime I don’t think the populace wants that.
    In fact let’s do away with courts so there’s no racism there, as soon as you are accused you are guilty.
    I do love that your solution to “ systemic racism” is for police to stop people based on a racial quota.

Just imagine a cop sees an offender (of any race/profile) leaving crime scene that matches offender description. Damn I can’t nab him I’ve already done my quota of interacting with Type 1 profiles today. “Copy Bob and you intercept that guy on Jackson street he’s a 100% match for our suspect I’ve used up my type 1 quota today” oh bugger Jimmy I’ve used up my quota too well just let him go. I’m gonna be busy anyway I’ve just stopped an 80yesr old lady as I need to get my numbers up on them so I’m not ageist.

Thread Information