Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: journalism?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I hope someone has told Posh Spice as she moved to 'merca I believe, and, you know?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The US media has picked up the story about the police manhunt for tamakis lot that painted the gizzy crossing.
    I am still quite dubious about the legality of rainbow crossings.

Quote Originally Posted by TCD Rule
    8.2(3) A pedestrian crossing must be marked in reflectorised white and as specified in Schedule 2.
    8.2(3A) If white does not contrast with the colour of the adjacent roadway, the roadway must be resurfaced or marked to provide a contrast to the white lines.
    My reading of that is that a rainbow crossing is no longer a legal pedestrian crossing and therefore any motorist approaching one does not have to comply with Section 10.1 of the Road User Rule. Of course, in their head long rush to demonstrate inclusivity and diversity NZTA probably got the rules tweaked somewhere.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I hope they have, or will think to. There has been way too much hate from Christian groups through the ages towards diverse groups and we should take measures to right the considerable wrongs that society has perpetuated under this hypocritical veil.

It's certainly none of my business who someone wants to sleep with and I can't think why they think it is any of theirs.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Where are the April fools news articles???
    They've been rolled out to encompass the whole year.

How could you have failed to notice?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I am still quite dubious about the legality of rainbow crossings.

My reading of that is that a rainbow crossing is no longer a legal pedestrian crossing and therefore any motorist approaching one does not have to comply with Section 10.1 of the Road User Rule. Of course, in their head long rush to demonstrate inclusivity and diversity NZTA probably got the rules tweaked somewhere.
    It could make for an entertaining court case.
    Perhaps Marama Davidson might deliberately step out in front of a Harley Davidson again but on one of those crossings. The charge would be one of hitting a women on pedestrian crossing.
    If it doesn’t get thrown out on your excellent words above, perhaps a good lawyer might ask the judge to define what a women is.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    It was on the good
    I take it back. The photo at the bottom of the page here - Tamaki is a twat and on Google both show the crossing on K Road as being controlled by traffic signals so my comments above don't stand. Well, for that crossing. They do for one at Dunedin airport and I suspect elsewhere in the country.

The Gisborne crossing that kicked all of this off was not even a proper pedestrian crossing, just one of those 'is it or isn't it' courtesy crossings if you check Google. So, confusing to begin with and even more confusing when painted.

Doesn't seem like the greatest idea, throwing in a bit of uncertainty where you are encouraging pedestrians to walk in front of moving vehicles, but hey, at least some people are happy with the concept.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I’m waiting for the moment the left realises how much corporate profit is being made selling all that paint. And the mega dollars advertising agencies are making as box ticking corporates make ads to show fake support….

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Some of them are controlled by lights which would take care of that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    So the age of broadcast TV journalism in NZ is officially over then. Will be interesting to see if TVNZ changes their approach now (or has it changed for them). Wonder if there's much value in all the equipment, or if that's all obsolete too.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    So the age of broadcast TV journalism in NZ is officially over then. Will be interesting to see if TVNZ changes their approach now (or has it changed for them). Wonder if there's much value in all the equipment, or if that's all obsolete too.
    Everything is net based now. You can buy all the good lighting/sound/video gear cheaper than the annual salary of someone competent to operate it.

It’s kinda ironic after years of them covering other’s redundancy experiences and constant articles about need to upskill in modern world that they didn’t see this coming.
    Architects of their own demise when they abandoned their own ethics standards and starting peddling opinion pieces and reality tv shows as some kind of news. All the while ignoring the growing cries of “fake news” as people called out their bias on variety of topics…

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Everything is net based now. You can buy all the good lighting/sound/video gear cheaper than the annual salary of someone competent to operate it.

It’s kinda ironic after years of them covering other’s redundancy experiences and constant articles about need to upskill in modern world that they didn’t see this coming.
    Architects of their own demise when they abandoned their own ethics standards and starting peddling opinion pieces and reality tv shows as some kind of news. All the while ignoring the growing cries of “fake news” as people called out their bias on variety of topics…
    They've invested heavily in building their own websites and online content, haven't they? Not a solution, as it turns out.

Sweeping away the old structure might mean they can replace it with a much leaner operation that could be sustainable, we'll see I guess. Is there a sustainable local web-based news provider yet? That's not reliant on income from other sources?
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Chris Lynch does it for Christchurch and seems to be well respected.

https://www.chrislynchmedia.com/

Thread Information