Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: journalism?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    By definition White supremacists think that their race is better than others. This leads to at least prejudice, at worst dehumanising. But you've shown your prejudice already. You just try to dress it up as political posturing.
    Or they think that the only way the poor oppressed Minorities could ever get anywhere in life is if they are helped there by their White Saviours...
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    By definition White supremacists think that their race is better than others. This leads to at least prejudice, at worst dehumanising. But you've shown your prejudice already. You just try to dress it up as political posturing.
    When you see photos of white supremacists they rarely manage to look superior to very much at all. The attached photo shows the three accused killers of Ahmaud Arbery. Not too many brain cells in that photo.

White supremacists, RWNJs, all arseholes, although some can be surprisingly pleasant to people they consider share their views. It's funny, I remember a post by TDL listing reasons why the Christchurch mosque shooter was not a right wing nut job. I'm currently reading a book by Dr Joe Mulhall a noted expert on the global far right. He spends the best part of a page explaining why the Chritchurch shooter was a far right extremist.

Who to believe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arbery2.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	350157  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    When you see photos of white supremacists they rarely manage to look superior to very much at all. The attached photo shows the three accused killers of Ahmaud Arbery. Not too many brain cells in that photo.

White supremacists, RWNJs, all arseholes, although some can be surprisingly pleasant to people they consider share their views. It's funny, I remember a post by TDL listing reasons why the Christchurch mosque shooter was not a right wing nut job. I'm currently reading a book by Dr Joe Mulhall a noted expert on the global far right. He spends the best part of a page explaining why the Chritchurch shooter was a far right extremist.

Who to believe?
    You could say all that and substitute in BLM and far left politics. I mean the black protestors are all effectively saying they are superior as our (mainstream centrist western society) system is so wrong corrupt and broken that it needs to be burnt cancelled and defunded. Not defending the whole kkk crowd but how often do you see them starting racectiots or burning private businesses to ground.
    The failed CHOP/ChAZ autonomous zone clearly showed who the smart people in the room are and it wasn’t anyone on the fringe lunatic left. I fact it wasn’t long before they were shooting and stabbing each other and complained the poor oppressed homeless people were stealing all their organic soy latte supplies....
    As for the chch Guy our pm banned anyone from reading his material so perhaps he was actually to close to centre??? The left loves it’s identity tags. At the core he was mentally ill to do what he did, any alleged political leanings were minor subsets of his behaviour overall. I fact if the guy had any real political views he would have plead not guilty (would have been no extra penalty when he’s getting life anyway) and used the witness box to promote whatever his ideals were.... but he didn’t.

So if we are are attaching crimes of one racial/social subset group to a political affiliation... can we then label ALL labour voters as......full in the blanks sweetie 😜

A bit of humour to round things of, a person helps another person with his costume woes...

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    It's funny, I remember a post by TDL listing reasons why the Christchurch mosque shooter was not a right wing nut job. I'm currently reading a book by Dr Joe Mulhall a noted expert on the global far right. He spends the best part of a page explaining why the Chritchurch shooter was a far right extremist.
    Does he quote the entire Manifesto of the Chch Shooter?

Like the parts where he praises Xi JinPing?
    Or the part where he says his ultimate goal is start a race war, that leads to global depopulation to help the environment

I mean, these are common Right Wing talking points - how great China is and why we shouldn't have children to save the planet....

Bike
    husaberg

Who to believe?
    tldl must chose to ignore the first bit where
    author refers to a conspiracy theory central to the new brand of far-right extremism springing from the alt-right: that there is a grand plan to eliminate the "white race" through a combination of immigration and interbreeding.
    but yeah.........

Plus on that gun he used he painted the slogan 14 words
    Fourteen Words, 14, or 14/88, is a reference to two 14-word slogans set forth and popularized through 14 Word Press — "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children
    don't give the fool oxygen
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    tldl must chose to ignore the first bit where

but yeah.........

Plus on that gun he used he painted the slogan 14 words
    That was part of his beliefs, but his ultimate goal was global de-population, to save the Environment.

I'll again ask what Right Wingers are supportive of China?

His entire world view is based around group identity, not an individual identity.

I mean, you could have been clever and pointed to Horse Shoe theory, but you didn't, and I'm not feeling charitable.

Oh and here's your reminder that the supposed 'Alt Right' support Joe Biden, again that should be the hint that what is defined as far right (by radical left wing academics...) clearly isn't...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Sean pretty much nails it there. With the aid of a couple bourbons I managed to watch about half of Stuffs “Fire and Fury” it’s name prob very unaccidentally plagiarised from the anti trump book coming out of same name.
    It’s very strong on fullbore cinematic dark ominous background tunes plus hyper professional use of colour tones like desaturated greens to make you think your watching a horror film.
    There’s one part where they mention Steve banning then cut away to him speaking in America but craft it to make it look like he was here on trumps behalf helping the protestors.
    That’s really crazy sneaky.
    They intersperse clips of the various nz protest leaders speaking on virtual mega screens on side of buildings when in reality look at their view counts SFA people are actually viewing the clips. They make a big deal about Chantelle baker clip a million views but most of that would have been worldwide due to breaking news aspect.
    The most batshit crazy part is where they say white supremicists are recruiting women and racial minorities and manipulating them.
    The amount of money spent making this “documentary” will tell you whether it’s journalism or something else....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Sean pretty much nails it there. With the aid of a couple bourbons I managed to watch about half of Stuffs “Fire and Fury” it’s name prob very unaccidentally plagiarised from the anti trump book coming out of same name.
    It’s very strong on fullbore cinematic dark ominous background tunes plus hyper professional use of colour tones like desaturated greens to make you think your watching a horror film.
    There’s one part where they mention Steve banning then cut away to him speaking in America but craft it to make it look like he was here on trumps behalf helping the protestors.
    That’s really crazy sneaky.
    They intersperse clips of the various nz protest leaders speaking on virtual mega screens on side of buildings when in reality look at their view counts SFA people are actually viewing the clips. They make a big deal about Chantelle baker clip a million views but most of that would have been worldwide due to breaking news aspect.
    The most batshit crazy part is where they say white supremicists are recruiting women and racial minorities and manipulating them.
    The amount of money spent making this “documentary” will tell you whether it’s journalism or something else....

I watched it. Learned little but it did confirm some things.

The passage that I enlarged, which you apparently consider batshit crazy, is right on target. The Nazi pricks manipulating the weak willed fuckups won't have much time for Maori when they've killed all the politicians and journalists and anybody else who pisses them off. They aren't hiding that, they were loud and proud, and I've seen similar on Telegram.

If that sounds crazy you weren't paying attention. Either when the misinformed, the misfits, and the mentally ill, were at parliament. Or when you were watching that doco.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Of course an echo chamber driven hit piece is going to “confirm” things when it’s fueled by confirmation bias....

Time for some Babylon Bee style satire.

Sequel to Fire and Fury announced already. Producers have said they need to honour Jacindas role in not only extinguishing the fire but igniting and fuelling the whole show in an artful display of classic problem-reaction-solution politics.

Titled Ignorance and Indifferance it will show how to ignore classic post modern dispute resolution process to fuel burning rages of indifferance and turn an irrelevant minor protest into a boiling cauldron of controlled chaos.
    Want to bring in harsh new laws to restrict free speech and public gatherings. Do you want total control over your opposition. Perhaps you want an excuse for more extensive domestic spying programs but your population just never causes enough problems.
    Well in ten easy steps Ignorance and Indifferance will show how you can get enough ordinary people to mingle with garden variety crackpots so you can have a festering messy protest in no time at all on the front lawn of your revered democratic institution.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Of course an echo chamber driven hit piece is going to “confirm” things when it’s fueled by confirmation bias....

Time for some Babylon Bee style satire.

Sequel to Fire and Fury announced already. Producers have said they need to honour Jacindas role in not only extinguishing the fire but igniting and fuelling the whole show in an artful display of classic problem-reaction-solution politics.

Titled Ignorance and Indifferance it will show how to ignore classic post modern dispute resolution process to fuel burning rages of indifferance and turn an irrelevant minor protest into a boiling cauldron of controlled chaos.
    Want to bring in harsh new laws to restrict free speech and public gatherings. Do you want total control over your opposition. Perhaps you want an excuse for more extensive domestic spying programs but your population just never causes enough problems.
    Well in ten easy steps Ignorance and Indifferance will show how you can get enough ordinary people to mingle with garden variety crackpots so you can have a festering messy protest in no time at all on the front lawn of your revered democratic institution.
    If you really believe that the PM and Government are as evil as you think, then you must also believe they monitor communications like this, know who you are and where you live. Surely it can only be a matter of time before the black vans (they're always black) arrive and you are disappeared. It's just fortunate for you that lately they have been otherwise occupied with Covid, inflation, and Dr Guarav Sharma - has anyone seen HIM lately?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well Pebbles disappeared from the shelves quite a few years ago.

Coincidence? I think not. Jacinda did it.

There's no point talking to him. He likes to think he's special. And by golly he certainly is.
    Put him on ignore.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    All the above would be true if he weren't a bot to start with.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Good point. He's probably part of the Russian Artificial Unintelligence (AU) project.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    All the above would be true if he weren't a bot to start with.
    Good point. He's probably part of the Russian Artificial Unintelligence (AU) project.
    I'd suggest the project was to see how much lead paint he could eat as a child.
    Judging by his posts, he successfully consumed at least his bodyweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If you really believe that the PM and Government are as evil as you think, then you must also believe they monitor communications like this, know who you are and where you live.
    Well.......

However, to give a more honest answer - Depends on what you define as Evil:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    For the most part, I don't believe the PM or the Government is Evil per se (although anyone who can read the history of the 20th century and think that any form of Marxism or identitarianism can work and will be good is either delusional or a bit Evil).

I do, however, put it to you that they are the Moral Busybodies that C.S Lewis warned us about. They believe they are doing good, and because they are doing good there is no step to far, no line they will not cross for there is no such thing as too much good.

But in the pursuit of doing good (and again, I'm being charitable here - as most do believe they are doing good - there are a few that absolutely know they are doing evil), they are continually making things worse and worse.

And from that view, their actions become virtually indistinguishable to Evil.

Thread Information