Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: journalism?

Bike
    77 XL250

journalism?

Bugger me. Was this story put together by an adult? It has all the hallmarks of a story built on fragments swiped off social media and glued together by someone with a deadline and no interest in anything but filling a space.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/bik...-myself-stupid
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    That is the sad state of journalism these days I'm afraid...

Sent from my OnePlus7T using Tapatalk

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Yup, a lot of it re-hashed from the original article. Shame no mention is made of the other vehicles running that day.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Not that bad for fluff news lol

But “ hundreds “ of people worked on the bike....
    “7000hrs” of standing around drinking beer looking at the bike...

Is there a post classic land speed class or something?

And Bonneville, surely an off the shelf 999cc four would beat that record????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    The "homemade" description is unfair and condescending as well but typical media hype I guess.
    Homemade, would have been more accurately "custom built"
    And by people who know what they are doing. Again, media speak, easily overlookes as the truth of the story is quite apparent...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    stuff.co.nz =/= journalism.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    The "homemade" description is unfair and condescending as well but typical media hype I guess.
    Homemade, would have been more accurately "custom built"
    And by people who know what they are doing. Again, media speak, easily overlookes as the truth of the story is quite apparent...
    If it was described as "custom built" everyone (ie average stuff reader) would have been thinking West Cost choppers. There was a pretty good interview on RNZ with the guy and one of the questions asked was "surely it would be eaier with a modern off the shelf bike" (so the interviewer wasn't completely brain dead) and the builder explained it was the spirit of Munro, making something old do the job.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Yup, a lot of it re-hashed from the original article. Shame no mention is made of the other vehicles running that day.
    I was there, the Gen 1 turbo Bus from down south did 328kph and fastest he's been (he did PB at the drags at Ruapuna today) , the GSXR 1100 with 70k on it was trying for original top speed but didnt quite, electric bike was interesting and a daily ride, a 70cc 2stroke the noisiest thing there was pretty cool. A KTM 1290 something did a cracking long wheelie OAB wouldve been proud of

Long day and a fair bit of sitting about waiting.....Sport Demons (?) on the Kwaka which detonated badley , headgasket and oil over the back tyre.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Bugger me. Was this story put together by an adult? It has all the hallmarks of a story built on fragments swiped off social media and glued together by someone with a deadline and no interest in anything but filling a space.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/bik...-myself-stupid
    burt munro never set any world records nor did the sidecar mentioned here set one at bonneville either.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    I was there, the Gen 1 turbo Bus from down south did 328kph and fastest he's been (he did PB at the drags at Ruapuna today) , the GSXR 1100 with 70k on it was trying for original top speed but didnt quite, electric bike was interesting and a daily ride, a 70cc 2stroke the noisiest thing there was pretty cool. A KTM 1290 something did a cracking long wheelie OAB wouldve been proud of

Long day and a fair bit of sitting about waiting.....Sport Demons (?) on the Kwaka which detonated badley , headgasket and oil over the back tyre.
    interesting that there was a speed record event near reporoa less than a month ago, wonder why they didn't use that to shake it down before the weekends one. they may have been able to be succesful this weekend after all

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    burt munro never set any world records nor did the sidecar mentioned here set one at bonneville either.
    This is the 'news' organisation that once breathlessly anounced a "New World Record' for swimming Cook Strait.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Put them all up with 4 weetbix and no water.

Sorts the men out from the boys.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    interesting that there was a speed record event near reporoa less than a month ago, wonder why they didn't use that to shake it down before the weekends one. they may have been able to be succesful this weekend after all
    Didnt some H2Rs crack 200mph then ?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    An opinion piece written by ??!!??

Maybe their so embarrassed by their woke garbage they won’t admit they wrote it lol

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...f-mori-culture

Also it seems “white supremacist” seems to be the new black. A throwaway term to cover anything that threatens the political policies of leftist identity politics.

For the record a white supremicist is someone’s like hitler proposing complete genocide of a non pure Bred blue eyed blonde white race.
    Or your typical KKK member as seen in movies etc.
    Anything else is NOT a white supremicist and the media should be pulled up on this. Anyway in the article it crazily says anti vax groups (never mind all the sub factions of reasons why people don’t want it) are under pinned by white supremicist ideology????

WTF where is the evidence or even basic reasoning that points to such a colossally ridiculous hypothesis. So people of ALL races are dying, countries of ALL races invent vaccines, SOME people of ALL races have various objections to vaccines but some swamp dwelling duck dynasty type redneck outfit is convincing vulnerable people of ALL races not to get the jab????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    By definition White supremacists think that their race is better than others. This leads to at least prejudice, at worst dehumanising. But you've shown your prejudice already. You just try to dress it up as political posturing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information