Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you been watching?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Line Of Duty season six. Have to watch for all the little references back to the previous five seasons.
    Vegas - could be fun, like Once Were Warriors in episode format
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '04 Honda ST1300
    Broadchurch on US Netflix and 'Allo 'Allo on US Prime Video... funny how I have to pretend I am in the states to watch brit TV

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Totally agree on Line of Duty-If you have Netflix series one to five are on it.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Netflix love monsters was pretty org .
    Um watched two lumkin .
    Then enjoy Jurassic park.
    Then motogp on spark sport.
    Gave in needed my fix.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    A barmaid at Sturgis mentioned this name so I just HAD to google it... Rednecks with Paychecks

4wd mud rally but much like bike rally atmosphere

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Have been watching 'Deadwind' on Netflix. Finnish with subtitles. A detective drama set in Finland. Got caught up in it then there was another series. Still working through that, not that it's hard work

Watched 'Sex Education' on Netflix, there is a recent new series. A pupil at the school is constantly embarrassed by his mum who is a sex therapist. The series does deal with a variety of matters sexual, at times there is almost too much information.

Started watching the FIM speedway again, they're up to round 10 IIRC. Can't be far to go now. Was wondering why I still had Sky, I haven't been using it.

Tomorrow is MotoGP Qualifying I assume. Be watching that too.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    One for "The Sopranos" anoraks - "The Many Saints of Newark" (hint - many saints = Moltisanti) Even has James Gandolfinis son playing a young Tony.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In case the body count in your viewing is a bit low, I see Netflix have added John Wick. That'll give it a boost.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It appears 'Squid Game' is the flavour of the month internationally on Netflix. It's Korean and apparently comes in both dubbed and subtitled versions. The latter has the bonus of added humour due to the rather loose English translations. We get the dubbed version. I found the first episode something of a struggle due to the excessively stupid behaviour of the main character. It improves and the body count rises quickly once it starts. I've watched six of the nine episodes and at the current rate it would seem they are likely to run out of players. The acting isn't what we are used to, it seems over acting is the norm in Korea.

It's certainly like nothing I've seen before, the only thing it can be compared to is 'The Hunger Games' but it's not really much like that at all. If you are looking for some amusing light etertainment this ain't it. I'll be looking for something amusing when I get to the end of this though.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    [QUOTE=R650R;1131191498]A barmaid at Sturgis mentioned this name so I just HAD to google it... Rednecks with Paychecks

4wd mud rally but much like bike rally atmosphere

Seen much the same thing at the BRONZ Vincent County rally a couple of years ago!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    In case the body count in your viewing is a bit low, I see Netflix have added John Wick. That'll give it a boost.
    Helll hath no fury like an Assassin with a Dead Puppy
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Polk county sheriff.... what’s interesting here is guy that started the shootout gets second degree murder for the other guy shooting his girlfriend pillion passenger because the other guy is legally defending himself after being shot at...

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Just watched "They Shall Not Grow Old" - the Peter Jackson revamp of original footage of WW1. Much to my amazement, I found it harrowing, confronting in a way I never expected. Took me 2 nights to get through it......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So, I watched the first part of the new Dune movie.

For reference, I read the books in my teens, I own both the David Lynch version and the Sci-Fy version, and appreciate both (although I enjoy the Sci-Fy version more).

Firstly - it's highly highly recommended.

Every shot in the film is like a classical masterpiece. There are plot elements that are condensed and character arcs that aren't as fleshed out as compared to the Sci-Fy version, but this is minor, because it hits all the right notes.

I still feel it's not quite the perfect Dune adaption, I really wish they had gone the way that Lord of the Rings went, but then this is all just nit-picking.

If I could have the length of the Sci-Fi mini series, with the Budget and visuals of the Denis Villeneuve and the Toto Score, I think it would be perfection...

TL;DR - if you liked the Books, like good, well written, DEEP Sci-Fi, then you will not be disappointed.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So, I watched the first part of the new Dune movie.

For reference, I read the books in my teens, I own both the David Lynch version and the Sci-Fy version, and appreciate both (although I enjoy the Sci-Fy version more).

Firstly - it's highly highly recommended.

Every shot in the film is like a classical masterpiece. There are plot elements that are condensed and character arcs that aren't as fleshed out as compared to the Sci-Fy version, but this is minor, because it hits all the right notes.

I still feel it's not quite the perfect Dune adaption, I really wish they had gone the way that Lord of the Rings went, but then this is all just nit-picking.

If I could have the length of the Sci-Fi mini series, with the Budget and visuals of the Denis Villeneuve and the Toto Score, I think it would be perfection...

TL;DR - if you liked the Books, like good, well written, DEEP Sci-Fi, then you will not be disappointed.
    Dune is available for download but I want to see it on a big screen then use the download for revisiting scenes.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information